PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul spending a Ton, not making any traction in NH! argggh

Lord Xar
12-18-2007, 02:08 PM
I just heard this on the news some radio station in which they had a Political analyzer from NH talking.

Not sure if it is legitimate, but if RON is spending a TON in NH without any traction... Why?

Is his product lame?

Why are they still going with the same 'marketing company' if they are sooooo inadequate at their jobs?

What is the deal?

CAN SOMEONE FROM NEW HAMSPHIRE give me the lowdown on how it is going in NH, and if this political analyzer is just speaking our of their ass or what.

KewlRonduderules
12-18-2007, 02:09 PM
I heard a lot of people were turned off by a bogus telemarketing company calling on Ron Paul's behalf and hanging up on people.

DRV45N05
12-18-2007, 02:11 PM
That's a load of crap that he hasn't "gained any traction." Go to New Hampshire yourself. He has huge amoutns of support there. And he has a volunteer army no other campaign can match. His signs are everywhere, and it completely trumps any other campaign, R or D.

Joe3113
12-18-2007, 02:11 PM
I heard a lot of people were turned off by a bogus telemarketing company calling on Ron Paul's behalf and hanging up on people.

I think we need some people making calls on Hackabee and Mitt Romney's behalf...

walt
12-18-2007, 02:12 PM
I just heard this on the news some radio station in which they had a Political analyzer from NH talking.

Not sure if it is legitimate, but if RON is spending a TON in NH without any traction... Why?

Is his product lame?

Why are they still going with the same 'marketing company' if they are sooooo inadequate at their jobs?

What is the deal?

CAN SOMEONE FROM NEW HAMSPHIRE give me the lowdown on how it is going in NH, and if this political analyzer is just speaking our of their ass or what.

it's not legitimate - this is however...
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=55022&highlight=itstime

I'm not worried about NH - I'm worried about Iowa, Michigan, South Carolina and Florida...

James R
12-18-2007, 02:14 PM

Is his product lame?

What is the deal?

If you ignored the polls, you'd have every reason to believe Ron Paul is hugely dominating NH and is easily the winner. Just don't put so much weight on the apparently heavily manipulated polls.

fourameuphoria
12-18-2007, 02:14 PM
What's funny is that when only polls are considered, the polling should take care of itself in NH, whereas SC should've been an uphill battle. Yet a couple of radio ads in SC, and he's hit 11%.

Elwar
12-18-2007, 02:15 PM
No traction in what?

RonPaulFTFW
12-18-2007, 02:17 PM
polls don't take into count:

1. new and young voters. huge for RP.
2. independents and democrats coming into the party. huge for RP.
3. votes who get their media online and not with landlines and such. huge for RP.

saying we aren't getting traction means you're buying into the MSM.

davidkachel
12-18-2007, 02:32 PM
it's not legitimate - this is however...
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=55022&highlight=itstime

Thanks. I really needed that.

BarryDonegan
12-18-2007, 02:35 PM
these things are hit pieces man. you really have to learn the difference between legitimate discussion and leading discussion. think about it. i've toured the US 3 times during this election season and ive seen hundreds or thousands of signs, banners, sign waves, etc for ron paul, ive seen 3 obama stickers, 1 clinton sticker, and nothing else anywhere. including iowa and NH where i have passed through.

polls or no polls, physical traction, 6 million online in a day 100,000 donors (knowing most people who vote are not able to send money, meaning donor support is at best 1/5 of your actual voter base)... this stuff is insanely off base, and bordering on criminal lies.

almost everyone i know, offline people, who aren't so much freedom movement people but more voters, feel like theres something wrong, like its the people vs. the corporate establishment.

i don't know ANYONE who supports hillary, i dont know ANYONE who supports Giuliani.

only huckabee, ron paul, and obama. yet the media does not reflect this.

Lord Xar
12-18-2007, 02:36 PM

Well, I have not been able to find any info on this....
Apparently, people were called very late and that is all I heard.

Apparently, some automated calls were going out - I don't think it is too hard to find the culprits --- but what became of this? did they find them?

KewlRonduderules
12-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Well, I have not been able to find any info on this....
Apparently, people were called very late and that is all I heard.

Apparently, some automated calls were going out - I don't think it is too hard to find the culprits --- but what became of this? did they find them?

I have no idea.

:confused:

jd603
12-18-2007, 02:39 PM
I second that, from the front lines even! :)

That's a load of crap that he hasn't "gained any traction." Go to New Hampshire yourself. He has huge amoutns of support there. And he has a volunteer army no other campaign can match. His signs are everywhere, and it completely trumps any other campaign, R or D.

paulgirl
12-18-2007, 02:41 PM
polls don't take into count:

1. new and young voters. huge for RP.
2. independents and democrats coming into the party. huge for RP.
3. votes who get their media online and not with landlines and such. huge for RP.

saying we aren't getting traction means you're buying into the MSM.

this is the same thing everyone chirps, and I agree that it DOES explain his overall poll numbers

it doesn't explain a lack of increase, though. if his message is getting out there and compelling people, there should be an overall increase in ALL segments, including the traditional people.

I definitely think his product is lame, and have thought so from day one. There is nothing about it that differentiates it from the rest of the other political mumbo jumbo. If I lived in one of those states I would be totally sick of all of it -- they must see dozens of political advertisements a day. There has to be something new and fresh to get people to even listen.

vegetarianrpfan
12-18-2007, 02:43 PM
I think they're just going by the polls, and that is a continual problem. There are more independents in NH than in SC, which explains the lower polling among "traditional Republican voters"-- independents don't count.

Ron Paul's support has to be twice that 7% number in NH when independents are counted.

Of course, Operation Live Free or Die needs to remain hard at work until the primary day in order to get those people to the polls and reach those other independents.

---------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com

Storm3
12-18-2007, 03:20 PM
it doesn't explain a lack of increase, though. if his message is getting out there and compelling people, there should be an overall increase in ALL segments, including the traditional people.

Exactly.

Check out these graphs.
http://www.pollster.com/08-NH-Rep-Pres-Primary.php

We hit 8% a month ago and none higher since. Worrying.