PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul DVD - 7-6-2007 Hot off the press - The DVD to WIN the straw poll!!

Benincasa
07-06-2007, 10:55 PM
The DVD that we have been talking about that will be distributed to Iowa voters is hot off the press and I just put it on several torrent sites. This DVD is top quality and is highly recommended. The DVDs purpose is to entice Iowa voters to make the trip to the straw poll and vote for Ron Paul. Video is the best medium because Dr. Paul is SO powerful on video. There are currently 13,000+ DVDs in production, many more than the number of votes that won Bush the straw poll in 1999. Please copy, share, and SEED as much as you can. I want this torrent to spread like wildfire, like Ron Paul's message. Currently this file is in ISO form, I will convert it to other forms and seed those when I get time. I did not make this video, but it is copyright free, and it is encouraged that you distribute it as much as possible. Here are the links to the torrents:

From mininova: http://www.mininova.org/tor/782311
From demonoid: http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1238659/?rel=1183783703 (members only)

Either of the above will work! Please seed and leave comments! Thanks

PS: :cool: Gigaplex :cool: was the driving force behind this DVD and he deserves all the credit. The DVD was excellent, I just finished watching it, and would like to congratulate Gigaplex on his success. I am just uploading it (as a copyright free DVD) so that it can get to everyone quickly (the straw poll is mere weeks away)

thomaspaine23
07-06-2007, 10:59 PM
looking for torrent. the mniova link cant find any peers

tried demoniod link too no luck so far.

specsaregood
07-06-2007, 11:01 PM
//

Benincasa
07-06-2007, 11:03 PM
utorrent said there are (0)5 peers (whatever that means..) I am seeding right now, but I don't see any activity. I don't know all that much about torrents, but maybe it takes some time for it to get up and running (I just added them 5min ago)? I'll leave my computer on tonight and see what progress it makes.

EDIT: The demonoid site says they just got back online so you may need to restart your bittorrent client.

Benincasa
07-06-2007, 11:12 PM
I restarted it and now its working!! Nine peers already

thomaspaine23
07-06-2007, 11:12 PM
found a peer but it has 0% of the file

benin i'm on, d/ling now heh!

Benincasa
07-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Well, I'm uploading to someone. Currently at 70 Kb/s

Dave
07-06-2007, 11:18 PM
The DVD that we have been talking about that will be distributed to Iowa voters is hot off the press and I just put it on several torrent sites. This DVD is top quality and is highly recommended. The DVDs purpose is to entice Iowa voters to make the trip to the straw poll and vote for Ron Paul. Video is the best medium because Dr. Paul is SO powerful on video. There are currently 13,000+ DVDs in production, many more than the number of votes that won Bush the straw poll in 1999. Please copy, share, and SEED as much as you can. I want this torrent to spread like wildfire, like Ron Paul's message. Currently this file is in ISO form, I will convert it to other forms and seed those when I get time. I did not make this video, but it is copyright free, and it is encouraged that you distribute it as much as possible. Here are the links to the torrents:

From demonoid: http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1238659/?rel=1183783703 (members only)

Either of the above will work! Please seed and leave comments! Thanks

It would have been nice for you to give some credit to Gigaplex, who has spent weeks putting this thing together. You come off like you have some ownership of this thing.

Lord Xar
07-06-2007, 11:21 PM
How can us 'normal' folk see this video who know NOTHING of bit-torrents and all of that?

Benincasa
07-06-2007, 11:25 PM
It would have been nice for you to give some credit to Gigaplex, who has spent weeks putting this thing together. You come off like you have some ownership of this thing.

Duly noted, I will edit my uploads and post.

PS: I am going to add a few sentences acknowledging him. If he has anything specific he would like to add, or if he wants to change what I said on the posts, have him PM me and I will make his changes. This isnt about ownership, this is about spreading the word of Dr. Paul! My apologizes if I came off any other way.

PPS: I updated the Demonoid post to thank Gigaplex, but couldnt change the mininova one. I will be converting this to avi soon for a new upload, and I will credit him again there.

torchbearer
07-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Joining the torrent train with my 5meg cable.

Benincasa
07-06-2007, 11:38 PM
19 peers and counting in less than one hour

EDIT: 24...

kimosabi
07-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Can we get these Ron Paul DVD's uploaded to video.google.com as well

Cheers

Benincasa
07-06-2007, 11:47 PM
People from all over the world are downloading this (Germany, Canada, Israel, to name a few). This has exploded since I've uploaded it. I am sure it will find its way to youtube et. al, we just need to give it time. If necessary, I will do it.

scbissler
07-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Ok, how do those of us who have no idea what a torrent file is download this dvd?
Step by step instructions might be REALLY helpful at this time! Thanks to all who had a hand in this!

Benincasa
07-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Its a little complicated, but I will outline it before I have to go to bed:

1. Download and install: http://www.utorrent.com/download.php
2. Go to: http://www.mininova.org/tor/782311
3. Click 'download this torrent' and open it with utorrent
4. Wait a long time (this will improve the more people that download it)
5. Convert the newly downloaded ISO file to a DVD with: http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-create-multi-os-cd-4.htm

If you arent too hot with computers, I would reccomend waiting until this comes out in a more accessible format. It should happen soon.

thomaspaine23
07-07-2007, 12:31 AM
What we need is not only the DVD for regular players, but also computer enabled.
I.E. a full DIY campaign kit, so people can pop it into their computer and
print pre-made flyers, have useful URL's (ronpaulforums.com etc)

possibly some tools as well :

A torrent program, a chat program, Adobe reader perhaps?

step by step instructions on the use of each. It would be handy for the less computer literate. We could even get updated ISO's with new material
and a website for people to search for it.

It would be great for people burn DVD's and hand out their own copies. Viral is the way to go IMO.

austin356
07-07-2007, 12:36 AM
The forumer from Sweden needs to seed this.......... he/she was pumpin out the packets w/ the last dvd.

krott5333
07-07-2007, 12:53 AM
yeah it would be nice to have on google video. Google video allows full movie-length videos, unlike youtube.

I'll download the torrent when I get home and check it out. I'll probably also pick up a 100 pack of dvd-rs at walmart and start handing them out!

awesome, im excited.

gocubsgo
07-07-2007, 12:53 AM
This is the stuff that torrents are meant for!!! WOOT!!!!

Tuck
07-07-2007, 01:33 AM
The forumer from Sweden needs to seed this.......... he/she was pumpin out the packets w/ the last dvd.

Its a shame we can't have those types of speeds in here in the US, I downloaded sicko from a *.se connection and it never dropped below 1.4mb/sec :eek:

Starks
07-07-2007, 01:59 AM
Doesn't the average Iowan favor VHS over DVD?

honkywill
07-07-2007, 02:15 AM
so is the video quality of this supposed to be superb?

austin356
07-07-2007, 02:16 AM

Well I am not from Iowa, but I dont know a single person that still has a VHS still hooked up....... except a hippie relative who lives in the local swamp and has no cable tv.

rockfree33
07-07-2007, 05:02 AM
I will happily use my 1.5MB/s upload speed from my cable provider to seed this video 24/7 or until they limit my upload speed from uploading too much. If that happens, it's time to order Fios :)

Benincasa
07-07-2007, 08:15 AM

Ha, I hope that was a joke. Even if it wasnt, its still funny:) (I'm an iowan and we all have DVD players)

PS: 65 peers now, and from places like England, Germany, Israel, and Canada (plus many in the states)
Most people have this about 40% downloaded. By the afternoon, they will have the whole thing, and downloading will be much faster.

rockjoa
07-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Thanks for seeding! Once I get this, I'll keep seeding it along with the Ron Paul 2008 dvd posted earlier.

nayjevin
07-07-2007, 08:22 AM
DON'T FORGET THERE IS A FORUM CALLED 'CAMPAIGN MATERIALS'

There are instructions there for downloading and burning a bit torrent DVD.

Dave
07-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=55644#post55644)

Ha, I hope that was a joke. Even if it wasnt, its still funny:)

The average Iowan is exactly who this campaign depends on right now. Show some respect.

torchbearer
07-07-2007, 08:23 AM
I will happily use my 1.5MB/s upload speed from my cable provider to seed this video 24/7 or until they limit my upload speed from uploading too much. If that happens, it's time to order Fios :)

Fios?

Benincasa
07-07-2007, 08:24 AM
The average Iowan is exactly who this campaign depends on right now. Show some respect.

I'm from Iowa, and I was saying that the average Iowan has a DVD player.:confused:

nayjevin
07-07-2007, 08:24 AM
I don't know anyone with VHS, and when I saw this discussed earlier in another thread, it seemed decided that most people have converted to DVD in Iowa.

PatriotOne
07-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Hey all you hotshot techi's...is someone going to get this on Google video so those of us who are torrent-challenged can easily send links to our friend and families who are also torrent-challenged? :)

nayjevin
07-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Edit: (my understanding is that) :tidE Google Video is not the place for this. This is a DVD compilation of videos that are already on Google Video & Youtube. This is for people who have a DVD player, but don't get on the internet.

a way to bring youtube to the people.

Benincasa
07-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Google Video is not the place for this. This is a DVD compilation of videos that are already on Google Video & Youtube. This is for people who have a DVD player, but don't get on the internet.

Regardless, it will probably still end up on Youtube.

specsaregood
07-07-2007, 08:32 AM
//

PatriotOne
07-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Edit: (my understanding is that) :tidE Google Video is not the place for this. This is a DVD compilation of videos that are already on Google Video & Youtube. This is for people who have a DVD player, but don't get on the internet.

a way to bring youtube to the people.

Why not both Nay? I would have an easier time getting my friends and family to watch one video than sending them 10 videos to watch and hope they go to the trouble.

nayjevin
07-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Having a video compilation on google video is fine.

but using this DVD to make it wouldn't be any easier than using the videos you want to include that are already on youtube/ google video.

a DVD is not just one long video. it's a series of videos accessible via a menu system. Even traditional movies are split into 'chapters' that play one after another while you're watching.

to make a video compilation for google video/ youtube from it, you have to strip the videos from the file, without the menus, and then string them together, then upload them to google video.

that's not any easier than just taking videos from youtube and stringing them together.

in other words, a compilation project for google video can be undertook, or could have been a long time ago, regardless of the existence of this DVD. It seems like 2 separate projects to me.

If you've seen the entirety of this DVD, and think it would be a good combination of videos for a google video compilation project, that's a different story.

mconder
07-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Awesome...263K here.

PatriotOne
07-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Having a video compilation on google video is fine.

but using this DVD to make it wouldn't be any easier than using the videos you want to include that are already on youtube/ google video.

a DVD is not just one long video. it's a series of videos accessible via a menu system. Even traditional movies are split into 'chapters' that play one after another while you're watching.

to make a video compilation for google video/ youtube from it, you have to strip the videos from the file, without the menus, and then string them together, then upload them to google video.

that's not any easier than just taking videos from youtube and stringing them together.

in other words, a compilation project for google video can be undertook, or could have been a long time ago, regardless of the existence of this DVD. It seems like 2 separate projects to me.

If you've seen the entirety of this DVD, and think it would be a good combination of videos for a google video compilation project, that's a different story.

That's kind of my problem. I have no idea how to use the torrents so I haven't been able to see it yet......pouts :( .

nayjevin
07-07-2007, 09:03 AM
That's kind of my problem. I have no idea how to use the torrents so I haven't been able to see it yet

I have attempted instructions here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=55823#post55823

IT'S A BRAVE NEW WORLD!

jabowery
07-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Maybe I missed it, but how are these meatspace DVDs going to be distributed?

sunny
07-07-2007, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE=Benincasa;55416]The DVD that we have been talking about that will be distributed to Iowa voters is hot off the press and I just put it on several torrent sites. This DVD is top quality and is highly recommended. The DVDs purpose is to entice Iowa voters to make the trip to the straw poll and vote for Ron Paul. Video is the best medium because Dr. Paul is SO powerful on video. There are currently 13,000+ DVDs in production, many more than the number of votes that won Bush the straw poll in 1999. Please copy, share, and SEED as much as you can. I want this torrent to spread like wildfire, like Ron Paul's message. Currently this file is in ISO form, I will convert it to other forms and seed those when I get time. I did not make this video, but it is copyright free, and it is encouraged that you distribute it as much as possible. Here are the links to the torrents:

i'm using mininova and i've got 19 peers no seeds

Benincasa
07-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Well, I will be the only seed until the thing finishes uploading which should happen around the late afternoon/early evening iowa time. I wouldnt be suprised if some people are chugging along really slowly (or not at all), but that will change if you leave the program open and check back later tonight.

Man from La Mancha
07-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Thank you seeders I'm getting in USA the fastest downloads ever up to 400 KB/s - kilobytes per second.

DavyDuke17
07-07-2007, 10:18 AM
I'd encourage all of the people that have never used bittorrent to download it assuming you have a dvd burner on your computer. Once it is downloaded you can burn as many copies as you want and people are a whole lot more likely to watch the dvd than to go online to and wait for a clip to download on youtube/google video, especially if they have dialup.

Agape
07-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Benincasa, I just want to remind you that utorrent doesn't innately have a "huh, this swarm doesn't have a seed. I better keep seeding this." function. You have it set to force seed, right? You're probably approaching 1:1 ratio already, if my history of seeding torrents I started is any guide.

Benincasa
07-07-2007, 10:23 AM
127 peers! And, hello to my new peers in Sweden, Denmark (downloading at 500kb/s!), England, and Australia too!

Benincasa
07-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Benincasa, I just want to remind you that utorrent doesn't innately have a "huh, this swarm doesn't have a seed. I better keep seeding this." function. You have it set to force seed, right? You're probably approaching 1:1 ratio already, if my history of seeding torrents I started is any guide.

I set it to force seed, just to be sure.

jd603
07-07-2007, 10:26 AM
i just got done copying another dvd that was created awhile back.

I WILL HOST THIS ON AN FTP/WEB SITE for people to download. I just need a copy.

Please send me a fast way to download it (100mbit/s preferred) or I can give you an FTP account to upload it to.

THANKS!!!

Buggan
07-07-2007, 10:28 AM
127 peers! And, hello to my new peers in Sweden, Denmark (downloading at 500kb/s!), England, and Australia too!

Hello to you as well ^^

giskard
07-07-2007, 10:33 AM
FANTASTIC!!

I have an idea: Could someone post it onto ISOHUNT?

THere is a similar, 4 GB file on Isohunt, "Ron Paul 2008.iso"
http://www.isohunt.com/download/22062690/ron+paul
Does anyone know what it is?

jd603
07-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Ok... I am leeching/seeding the bittorrent and I sent an FTP to upload the DVD so it can be accessed from the web.

Does this dvd play in regular dvd players or is it a PC-DVD?

PS> I have a lot of bandwidth!

Man from La Mancha
07-07-2007, 10:44 AM
http://www.wired.com/software/softwarereviews/news/2006/10/71979 whole article with links

The Best of BitTorrent
Michael Calore 10.23.06 | 2:00 AM
Newcomers to the wondrous joys of the world's greatest peer-to-peer file sharing protocol are always asking one question: "Which BitTorrent client is best?"

It's a question that doesn't have a definitive answer. Some clients are written for specific operating systems, some are cross-platform. At least one runs on Java. There are also clients geared toward more advanced users that would surely make a newbie's head spin.

One thing is for certain: The client defines the BitTorrent experience for the user, so regardless of knowledge or skill level, each user must find a client that suits his or her needs best.

Last week, we reviewed the most popular BitTorrent clients on the Monkey Bites blog. We have concentrated on free clients, and we narrowed our search to clients built exclusively for BitTorrent. Some stellar products have integrated BitTorrent functionality, such as the Opera web browser, but we wanted to review the best stand-alone clients.

The result is our list of the five best choices for sharing.

BitTorrent (official client)
BitTorrent, also known as the "Mainline" client, is developed and distributed by the company of the same name. It was written in python by Bram Cohen, who invented and developed the BitTorrent file-sharing protocol. Because it truly is "official," all the optimizations and updates to the original BitTorrent code will be reflected in the official client first.

Good: It's cross-platform, with builds for Windows, Mac OS X, Unix and Linux. Bandwidth management, queuing and network optimization features are all excellent and easy to use. An integrated torrent search field pulls results from the engine hosted at BitTorrent.com.

Bad: The official BitTorrent client stops at the basic feature set. No plug-in support, no advanced file management within torrents, no pretty 3-D visualizations, no remote control through the browser.

Overall: Best bet for new users or power users looking for that Zen approach. Read the full review.

Wired News rating:

Azureus
If you're looking for a slew of features -- and really, I mean a ton of features -- then Azureus is for you. I often call Azureus the "kitchen sink" of BitTorrent clients. It supports plug-ins, so what it doesn't have can be slapped on after the fact. It's built in Java, which hurts the user experience and brings up some compatibility issues, but it also means that Azureus can run on any platform where Java can be installed.

Good: Java means cross-platform; Azureus runs anywhere. Built-in features include advanced bandwidth management, an embedded tracker, management of files within torrents, support for trackerless torrents and a connection optimizer that can traverse firewalls with ease. Support for plug-ins. In a word, powerful.

Bad: Java. You need to have the latest JRE installed in order for Azureus to operate correctly. The sluggishness problem becomes a nightmare under heavy traffic loads. Also, Azureus is so piled with standard features that new users may not know where to begin.

Overall: Bloat and the Java requirement are downers, but is there anything Azureus can't do? Read the full review.

Wired News rating:

µTorrent
The µ is for micro, and "microTorrent" is a very, very tiny BitTorrent client. The entire application is 170 KB, and it packs enough features into that small package to compete with beefier applications like Azureus. The memory footprint is also ridiculously small. Even so, the client is responsive, fast and can handle a large workload without choking.

Good: µTorrent has extensive bandwidth-management tools, support for UPnP and trackerless torrents, and users can limit downloads to specific files within torrents. µTorrent also has support for multiple trackers, so you can download the same torrent from two or more trackers at once. Torrents can be launched directly from the built-in RSS reader. And it looks nice, too. The user interface is uncluttered and skinnable.

Bad: Windows only. That's really the only thing µTorrent has working against it.

Overall: The best weight-to-performance ratio in the business ... if you're a Windows user. Read the full review.

BitComet
It may not be the prettiest client that we reviewed -- in fact, BitComet may very well be the ugliest -- but it works exceptionally well, and its automated set-up options make it a great place for new users to start. It has all the standard features one would expect in a BitTorrent client, plus some fresh twists that set it apart.

Good: BitComet has some stand-out innovative features: Videos files can be previewed while they're still being downloaded, and there's a built-in chat tool that lets users chat with other peers in the swarm. Auto-configuration tools for optimizing bandwidth, disk usage and network connections are plusses for new users. An integrated Internet Explorer browser makes searching for torrents very easy. BitComet's memory usage and CPU requirements are incredibly low.

Bad: BitComet only runs in Windows. It's also lacking fancy visualization tools for share traffic and transfer progress. Finally, BitComet has come under fire for favoring other BitComet peers within swarms, not recognizing the "private" flag and ignoring piece requests from other peers. The private flag recognition has reportedly been fixed, but the rest of these problems continue to cause concern among BitTorrent users and other client developers.

Overall: Feature-rich and stable, but not at all elegant. BitComet also loses points for lacking cross-platform support. It's another good choice for new users, though. Read the full review.

Wired News rating:

Bits on Wheels
It runs on Mac OS X only, and it's still young, so it's not for everyone, but Bits on Wheels exhibits most of the features beloved by Azureus users and it doesn't totally hose your computer's resources once the torrents start to pile up. In fact, Bits on Wheels has been my primary client for a while now, and I routinely use it share a dozen or so torrents without seeing even the slightest hiccup on my machine.

Good: The performance is unmatched on the Mac, even under heavy workloads. Bits on Wheels offers advanced stats for each download in a clean, tabbed interface, but the real eye candy is the ultra-cool 3-D swarm-visualization tool that shows torrent pieces flying between the peers. Trippy.

Bad: It only runs on the Mac. Also, Bits on Wheels is missing some advanced features like auto-stop, network/firewall management, integrated search and management of individual files within torrents. Development of Bits on Wheels appears to have stalled almost a year ago -- there hasn't been a new version since November 2005.

Overall: Bits on Wheels is stable and incredibly efficient, but it still has a way to go before it's an A-list client ... if it ever gets there. Read the full review

nayjevin
07-07-2007, 10:47 AM
THere is a similar, 4 GB file on Isohunt, "Ron Paul 2008.iso"
http://www.isohunt.com/download/22062690/ron+paul
Does anyone know what it is?

Pretty sure that's RohanT's DVD:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5023

austin356
07-07-2007, 11:12 AM
MORE speed please!!

Only one seeder? Has nobody got the full copy yet except the torrent starter?

Suzu
07-07-2007, 11:16 AM
I can't even get the page (http://www.mininova.org/tor/782311) to open.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

nayjevin
07-07-2007, 11:20 AM
mine's at 100%, and I'm uploading @ 70kBps, (my max) but it doesn't list me as a seeder for some reason.

rockfree33
07-07-2007, 11:23 AM
For anyone interested, FiOS is a new fiber optic service deployed by Verizon. They have spent billions of dollars replacing their old copper networks with fiber. Fiber optics have unlimited capacity because it uses the speed of light to transfer your data. The only barrier is the current technology on each side. To see if it's available to you, http://www22.verizon.com/content/ConsumerFios

austin356
07-07-2007, 11:26 AM
For anyone interested, FiOS is a new fiber optic service deployed by Verizon. They have spent billions of dollars replacing their old copper networks with fiber. Fiber optics have unlimited capacity because it uses the speed of light to transfer your data. The only barrier is the current technology on each side. To see if it's available to you, http://www22.verizon.com/content/ConsumerFios

I would pay over >100$ per month if they just came in a put the wires down!

I have got a cable connection and my normal speed is 1,000 kB ps w/ x2 burst...... But I never seem to get over a hundred and something w/ torrents. Are they screwing around with the peer ports?

Gigaplex
07-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Hi guys,
I exported straight from premiere to a format designed for Google video last night. Currently it is uploading to Google. There will soon be a website specifically for this DVD where you can watch it. Thanks for getting it on the torrent. Hope you all like it!

CurtisLow
07-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Congrats Gigaplex for putting this all together!

mesler
07-07-2007, 11:40 AM
I just started it up on my dedicated web server, it should help get it distributed since my upload bandwidth is 100MBit. :)

mesler
07-07-2007, 11:41 AM
What is the subject of the video? Is it generic, or specifically catered to Iowans?

austin356
07-07-2007, 11:56 AM
I just started it up on my dedicated web server, it should help get it distributed since my upload bandwidth is 100MBit. :)

Are you distributing via torrent or a dedicated line?

Gigaplex
07-07-2007, 12:03 PM
It is specifically catered to Iowans. I will create a more generic version too though. I just need to come up with some new text slides and go through the whole export process again. I am still open to suggestions for text slide replacements.

rockfree33
07-07-2007, 12:17 PM
I would pay over >100$ per month if they just came in a put the wires down!

I have got a cable connection and my normal speed is 1,000 kB ps w/ x2 burst...... But I never seem to get over a hundred and something w/ torrents. Are they screwing around with the peer ports?

Try http://speedtest.net/ and run a test and make sure any programs using bandwidth are closed. If you say you have a 1,000 kbps line that only translates into to around 122 KB/s.

kbps - kilobits per second
KB/s - kilobytes per second

They are two different unit measurements for bandwidth, for more info go to http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/data_transfer_rate

torchbearer
07-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Try http://speedtest.net/ and run a test and make sure any programs using bandwidth are closed. If you say you have a 1,000 kbps line that only translates into to around 122 KB/s.

They are two different unit measurements for bandwidth, for more info go to http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/data_transfer_rate

cool site!

austin356
07-07-2007, 12:33 PM

Yes, sorry if I did not make it clear...... I have a 8 Megabit connection (thus giving me typical downloads of 1,000 kB/s. But I seem never to get over 150 kB/s for any significant amount of time with peer sharing.

Could this be from the cable provider? Do they usually just block peer to peer ports or do they sometimes just limit them?

rockfree33
07-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Yes, sorry if I did not make it clear...... I have a 8 Megabit connection (thus giving me typical downloads of 1,000 kB/s. But I seem never to get over 150 kB/s for any significant amount of time with peer sharing.

Could this be from the cable provider? Do they usually just block peer to peer ports or do they sometimes just limit them?

I have heard of some cable companies doing both.

jd603
07-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I have 200mbits of free bandwidth, but this torrent is stuck at 70% with 12kb/s ,, this is the problem with torrents, you need to announce it slowly or during off hours so other seeds can come in......

I have heard of some cable companies doing both.

Benincasa
07-07-2007, 01:41 PM
There are two seeds that I see right now. Many people are 75% done downloading, so the download speed and the number of seeds should increase very soon!

monotony
07-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Wow, I'm downloading the torrent and it was pegged out at 1.6 Mb/s. I have already seeded 20gb worth of the other DVD and plan to do the same with this one. God I love Fios.

I thought there was an excellent idea posted earlier about creating a cd or dvd "supporter resource kits" torrent that included slicks, cards, printable materials, the dvd covers for the cd and case, and anything else that might be useful to spread the message!

The revolution is organzing and mobilizing! The Truth can not be stopped!!!

LastoftheMohicans
07-07-2007, 02:08 PM
What is a seed? And who/what is a peer? How do either of these affect download speed, if at all? Thanks.

austin356
07-07-2007, 02:12 PM
What is a seed? And who/what is a peer? How do either of these affect download speed, if at all? Thanks.

A seed is someone who has a complete copy of the file being downloaded, and they are uploading it to everyone else.

A peer is someone who is downloading the file, but has yet to finish the download. This means they have parts of the file that they can send out to other peers.

More Seeds = faster download.

If you are interested in learning a bit more about how this works then scan through this article. They have a animation that gives a good picture of how it works.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seed_%28BitTorrent%29

LastoftheMohicans
07-07-2007, 02:16 PM
A seed is someone who has a complete copy of the file being downloaded, and they are uploading it to everyone else.

A peer is someone who is downloading the file, but has yet to finish the download. This means they have parts of the file that they can send out to other peers.

More Seeds = faster download.

If you are interested in learning a bit more about how this works then scan through this article. They have a animation that gives a good picture of how it works.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seed_%28BitTorrent%29

Thanks. One more question (for now). While I'm downloading is the utorrent software searching out other seeds?

tnvoter
07-07-2007, 02:27 PM
can the iso be converted onto your computer and watched, without having to burn it to a dvd?

austin356
07-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks. One more question (for now). While I'm downloading is the utorrent software searching out other seeds?

Yes. Since like 50 people started downloading this file at about the same time they will all finish downloading at close to the same time (maybe in about an hour), so after then you will pick up dozens of seeds automatically.

can the iso be converted onto your computer and watched, without having to burn it to a dvd?

Yes there is freeware out there that does that, but I dont know exactly what program does that specific task.

Try some of these programs under "Access"; They might do that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.iso

scbissler
07-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Is this the DVD that will be going out to voters in Iowa? (clips on the debates, campaign stops, tv appearances, house speeches) I didn't see how it was necessarily tailored for Iowa, but it was a good compilation.

EvoPro
07-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Wow, great job gigaplex and all others involved!

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Okay, clarify for a geek-wannabe. I can download this file and burn it to a DVD-R and it will play in a DVD player, right? :blonde smiley:

rockjoa
07-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Okay, clarify for a geek-wannabe. I can download this file and burn it to a DVD-R and it will play in a DVD player, right? :blonde smiley:

Yes I'm fairly certain it will play in most dvd players, don't have it yet to verify. A lot of people are at about 90% once we have the file download speeds will skyrocket.

austin356
07-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Yes I'm sure it will play in dvd players, don't have yet to verify. A lot of people are at about 90% once we have the file download speeds will skyrocket.

94%!!!!!!!!! Will start seeding and dedicate ALL my uploading bandwidth to the cause!

You CANNOT burn it like a regular dvd or cd. You need ISO (Image file, which is just a picture of the original dvd) mounting software. Visit the wiki iso page I linked to on the previous page and download a mounting software. Once you install the freeware it is very simple and straightforward. And you will be able to play it in any dvd player or computer.

scbissler
07-07-2007, 03:26 PM
I have downloaded and burned and yes it plays in my DVD player. btw, I couldn't get the program linked to earlier to work, but I used DVD Decrypter and it worked fine.

LastoftheMohicans
07-07-2007, 03:31 PM
About 94%. What do I do when it's done to help speed up other's downloads. I don't plan on making a DVD because it's Iowa specific.

austin356
07-07-2007, 03:34 PM
About 94%. What do I do when it's done to help speed up other's downloads. I don't plan on making a DVD because it's Iowa specific.

Just leave you computer and internet connection on, the program does everything for you.

MozoVote
07-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Guess I'm antiquated now. My computer only has a CD r/w. I'm assuming you can copy the ISO to the hard drive and still play it?

torchbearer
07-07-2007, 03:44 PM
yeh, you can play DVDs on your computer via ISO. not sure which programs do it and which ones do not.

rockjoa
07-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Guess I'm antiquated now. My computer only has a CD r/w. I'm assuming you can copy the ISO to the hard drive and still play it?

Yes, download the free vlc player and it allows you to run the iso file directly as a dvd.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

LastoftheMohicans
07-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Just leave you computer and internet connection on, the program does everything for you.

It's almost like the politicians who say, "Give me your money and your freedom, and I'll take care of you":D

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-07-2007, 03:48 PM
You CANNOT burn it like a regular dvd or cd. You need ISO (Image file, which is just a picture of the original dvd) mounting software. Visit the wiki iso page I linked to on the previous page and download a mounting software. Once you install the freeware it is very simple and straightforward. And you will be able to play it in any dvd player or computer.

Okay. I'm going to try ISO Recorder. Thx. I have an external DVD burner that I hope will work.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Okay. I'm going to try ISO Recorder. Thx. I have an external DVD burner that I hope will work.

Scratch that. ISO Recorder only supports DVD on Vista. Going to try InfraRecorder. Most of the others listed are only for creating images.

rockfree33
07-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Haha, this is the first time my share ratio is in the green. 6GB uploaded of the Ron Paul DVD so far. The speed should increase tenfold once everyone catches up.

MozoVote
07-07-2007, 04:24 PM
The speed test said 4900 kb/s downlaod and 360 kb/s upload. I figured the 2Megabit connection at 186 kb/s would be conservative and attainable for the uTorrent setting.

It doesn't seem too unreasonably slow. I guess I joined ten minutes ago and have about 7% of the file.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Mine's taking a little longer at 120 - 150 kB/s. First time I've done anything with torrent or even imaging. I think I'm figuring it out with y'all's help.

It's speeding up as it goes along, it appears.

rockjoa
07-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Nice collection of videos, if you are using vlc player and the video looks weird make sure under video settings that deinterlace is set to blend.

Would of liked to see a menu system but not a big deal since the primary goal is to get his word out. Thanks

I'll continue to seed.

JoshLowry
07-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Nice work all!

Bittorrent is great for this kind of stuff.

kern802
07-07-2007, 05:09 PM
If you are running Windows, the Best image burner is ImgBurn. Plus, it's free!
The main site appears to be down, so here's a mirror:
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/imgburn.cfm

more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ImgBurn

RohanT
07-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Not what I was expecting for a $10k+ DVD project but thanks for taking the initiative.

I'll be glad to work with you guys on the next distro. Shoot me a PM.

MozoVote
07-07-2007, 06:51 PM
uTorrent says it's finished downloading, but the red line still says it's transferring stuff. :confused:

rg123
07-07-2007, 07:50 PM
is this the same one from last sat.

EvoPro
07-07-2007, 08:19 PM
is this the same one from last sat.

No. it's new

Nickel
07-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks for putting this together, I'm sure it was a lot of work. That being said, I do have a question, mine is really pixelated. Has anyone else noticed this? The message is great, but most of the video looks like it was taken from youtube and Google video - which doesn't display too well on TV.

Once again, thanks for the effort. And, my intention isn't to be a jerk. I'm just curious.

MozoVote
07-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Mine looks pretty good, and I've got a 4 year old Dell Inspiron. It must be your video hardware.

Gigaplex
07-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Here is the link to see it on google:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2284724646717174405

UCFGavin
07-07-2007, 08:43 PM
downloading now :)

LinuxUser269
07-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Here is the link to see it on google:

thanks for your hard work!!

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks for doing this Jeff. Think I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to watch it.

Now that I've downloaded, it's "seeding." How important is it that I leave that up? I'd rather shut down.

austin356
07-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks for doing this Jeff. Think I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to watch it.

Now that I've downloaded, it's "seeding." How important is it that I leave that up? I'd rather shut down.

we have got plenty of people up and seeding.......... shut her off ! (if you wish)

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-07-2007, 09:34 PM
So far it's all about the war. I always thought his bigger message of freedom was stronger. But this will be great to send to those who are anti-war. Thanks again, Jeff.

Edit: I've gotten to the juicy parts. Good stuff.

Avalon
07-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Just watched it on googlevideo. There was a typo just before minute 32 (August) and I think the NH rally slogans could have been trimmed down a bit (or replaced with maybe some KC footage etc). But overall it was very good content and presentation.

When should we expect the generic version? If not soon, I plan to send some people this one.

GreyBlood
07-07-2007, 10:17 PM
n/m

kimosabi
07-07-2007, 10:38 PM
You guys are absolutely amazing, you all make me proud to be a fellow human being..

Power to the People....

Man from La Mancha
07-07-2007, 11:15 PM
I just watched the DVD video. 1st the quality of the DVD is just very poor because that is all they had to work with.

BUT the substance is outstanding!!! And the words of Ron Paul come thru loud and clear. Watch, I predict in the near future other candidates will purposely make low quality video's just to imply their grass root base.

It is a simple formate, nothing to choose, no menu to navigate, just put in the DVD player and watch. I think this an excellent choice. There are many people who are not to familiar with site navigation, and we that are who cares. We have to get this message to the widest base possible, so I commend the makers of this DVD to put it in this formate.

Excellent progression of subject matter from the startling statement about shutting down the Dept. of Propaganda oops I mean Education, to the boom at the end of the rEVOLution.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
07-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Now seeding..

herepamwas
07-08-2007, 12:06 AM
I just watched the video. Very impressive, and I got my Ron Paul fix for the night.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-08-2007, 12:14 AM
56% of Iowa GOP is against the Iraq occupation

Bryan
07-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Great job Jeff! This is what the grassroots effort is all about. I thought the content was great as well as the ~40 minute length.

Not what I was expecting for a $10k+ DVD project but thanks for taking the initiative.

I'll be glad to work with you guys on the next distro. Shoot me a PM.
So everyone is clear, the DVD project was done for free, the donation money is going to buying the actual DVDs that are being given out.

As with any project, with more time and money put in the better it gets, Jeff got done what was needed for the first release. Contributions of ideas, high quality source material and the like for future versions will help assure more success.

torchbearer
07-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Network is back online. I'm downloading at 420KB/s. good job guys!

torchbearer
07-08-2007, 12:59 AM
I will make an ed2k link for this dvd too as an alternative.

remaxjon
07-08-2007, 12:59 AM
can the DVD's be sold on ebay with contributions going to the campaign?

Lord Xar
07-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Hey, what search do I use for "google video" or is it on youtube?

What keywords besides "ron paul" did you put in. I got a LOT of videos, and I frankly do not know which one it is..

torchbearer
07-08-2007, 01:05 AM
I noticed on the torrent peer list we have people in australia and the EU sharing the DVD with us. cool!

goldenequity
07-08-2007, 05:28 AM
Can we stickey this thread?:) :) :)

Recommend every torrenter leave this torrent as a continuous upload to

amplify bandwith and download speeds for a growing download pool.

It's wonderful and thanks to all who labored together!

goldenequity
07-08-2007, 05:43 AM
The "straw poll" prompt throughout the video

has AUGUST MISSPELLED.....anybody else notice?

bummer.

kimosabi
07-08-2007, 05:44 AM
I noticed on the torrent peer list we have people in australia and the EU sharing the DVD with us. cool!

I might not be able to donate $$$$ to the Ron Paul campaign, but I sure can donate Gigabytes.....

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-08-2007, 05:55 AM
Recommend every torrenter leave this torrent as a continuous upload to

amplify bandwith and download speeds for a growing download pool.

I'm a new torrenter as of last night (this campaign has done wonders for my tech skills!). I'll leave it up to seed whenever possible.

Q: Give me the cliffnotes on how torrent works. Are we essentially "hosting" 1000 versions of the file and the downloaders are accessing the files directly from our systems? If so, when someone is d/l-ing from me and I kill the process, does it seemlessly switch to another host without interruption? How do I know if someone is d/l-ing from me? For example, I have 0(13) seeds, and 1(141) peers, and an Up Speed that moves around. Does that tell me anything?

Nathan Hale
07-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Nice video.

Alle88
07-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Im downloading, ive left a comment to my DVD to. My name on demonoid is AKing88. Good job!

LibertyOfOne
07-08-2007, 09:55 AM

Fiber optics is currently limited to a few gigabits per second per line. The information on a copper line travels at the speed of light. The speed of which the bits travel is not related to the bandwidth, two totally independent things.

torchbearer
07-08-2007, 10:08 AM
For all you edonkeys and emules... this is the ed2k link for this DVD

ed2k://|file|Ron.Paul.Iowa.iso|2634055680|F5E3545FC2F18D5 887AF4B70091D336D|h=XWCVSKCVB4M6XJ75YMON4DKW2NEITD E2|/

jd603
07-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Wrong, two strands of fiber can carry 1 TBit/s of information, 980 GBits/s etc.

AT&T and others claim that they don't have the capacity are flat out lies. There's enough fiber already in place in our country to have 1000x our network capacity in the United States but that would drive down costs even further. It's a scam by the big telecoms and I suspect the same for the Oil industry, however I have extreme first hand knowledge of the Telecom industry.

Fiber optics is currently limited to a few gigabits per second per line. The information on a copper line travels at the speed of light. The speed of which the bits travel is not related to the bandwidth, two totally independent things.

Bradley in DC
07-08-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm watching it on Google video. One, THANK YOU all very much for everyone who contributed to this project in any way. I've worked and volunteered on lots of campaigns and have never seen anything like the network of volunteers taking the initiative and doing so much, major props to you all.

typos:
at 1:45 in, there is an extra space between "policy" and "is"

(I've only got six minutes in, so I'll edit this post if I find others not already posted.)

ecliptic
07-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Wrong, two strands of fiber can carry 1 TBit/s of information, 980 GBits/s etc.

AT&T and others claims that they don't have the capacity are flat out lies. There's enough fiber already in place in our country to have 1000x our network capacity in the United States but that would drive down costs even further. It's a scam by the big telecoms and I ssupect the same for the Oil industry, however I have extreme first hand knowledge of the Telecom industry.

Let's build a new People's internet made of glass and 100% free of spies and spam. Free of corporate psychopathic attempts at limiting the scope of knowledge and the breadth of content. Free of all government interference.

SovereignNet

LastoftheMohicans
07-08-2007, 10:47 AM

I finished downloading. I don't have a DVD burner. How can I view the file?

DjLoTi
07-08-2007, 10:52 AM
can someone please post the google video link

EvoPro
07-08-2007, 10:54 AM
The VLC media player will play the ISO if you do not have a dvd burner.

The google video link:

LastoftheMohicans
07-08-2007, 11:43 AM
I am sure it's been posted already but at 9:53 the word "August" is spelled wrong.

LastoftheMohicans
07-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Again at about 16:30. Same mistake.

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm watching it on Google video. One, THANK YOU all very much for everyone who contributed to this project in any way. I've worked and volunteered on lots of campaigns and have never seen anything like the network of volunteers taking the initiative and doing so much, major props to you all.

typos:
at 1:45 in, there is an extra space between "policy" and "is"

(I've only got six minutes in, so I'll edit this post if I find others not already posted.)

"August" is also misspelled. The bad thing is, this same slide is repeated over and over throughout the video.

Gigaplex
07-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Yes, august is misspelled. I did it on purpose so that they would remember the date.

What, not buying it?? lol

Oh well, I'm lucky this DVD even got done in the first place. I was learning how to video edit as I was redoing the final cut which got done on July 4th. By the 6th, negotiations were complete and a master disc was at the glass mastering facility and they had begun the process. I even had to pay an extra $700 to get this rushed (but got 13% knocked off the price in negotiations) and really if I had even waited a few days, I don't know that we would get the DVDs in time to do it. This was probably the most difficult project I've ever done in my life but totally worth it.

Jeff

sunny
07-08-2007, 12:20 PM
when i finished downloading mine from mininova it wound up in 3 parts - not one big file....vlc - like this:

VTS_01_1.VOB/
VTS_01_2.VOB/
VTS_01_3.VOB/

i've downloaded alot from mininova and i think this is the first i've seen come in
parts - kinda weird - anybody?

nayjevin
07-08-2007, 12:21 PM
The production should be halted to correct misspellings.

The slides should use a nicer font. Someone who knows After Effects should be able to do this in minutes.

The choice of videos is VERY good, IMO. Nice progression. Sound quality is good, the voice over used was very well done by the speaker, and recording quality was good.

Sound normalization was not so good, some clips were louder than others. This is a promising rough draft in need of corrections. If there were no misspellings, I would be comfortable with this being the first release, but we can't have simple errors like that.

Very nice work so far, IMO.

nayjevin
07-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Oh well, I'm lucky this DVD even got done in the first place. I was learning how to video edit as I was redoing the final cut which got done on July 4th. By the 6th, negotiations were complete and a master disc was at the glass mastering facility and they had begun the process. I even had to pay an extra $700 to get this rushed (but got 13% knocked off the price in negotiations) and really if I had even waited a few days, I don't know that we would get the DVDs in time to do it. This was probably the most difficult project I've ever done in my life but totally worth it.

Jeff

I was working on my post while you were working on this one, apparently. Well, we're stuck with it, OK. I appreciate your efforts.

I thought the same thing about the misspelling, at least they won't forget to go to the polls in augutst.

Do with what we got, I guess.... DON'T LOOK BACK!!

jd603
07-08-2007, 12:24 PM
See my other thread, we need higher quality videos available to people making these DVDs too, I have the bandwidth (100s of mbits) and hosting to offer so privmsg me if you have HQ videos to contribute, ie, NOT YouTube videos, they look terrible.

The production should be halted to correct misspellings.

The slides should use a nicer font. Someone who knows After Effects should be able to do this in minutes.

The choice of videos is VERY good, IMO. Nice progression. Sound quality is good, the voice over used was very well done by the speaker, and recording quality was good.

Sound normalization was not so good, some clips were louder than others. This is a promising rough draft in need of corrections. If there were no misspellings, I would be comfortable with this being the first release, but we can't have simple errors like that.

Very nice work so far, IMO.

RPFever
07-08-2007, 12:29 PM
nayjevin is absolutely right when he says:

You cannot have incorrect spelling on professional pieces

unfortunately, after reading all these posts, it looks like the big red button has been pressed and there is no going back.

So, anyway - next time, in any project, please check the spelling 10x before going to production.

PS. This is not to say that you don't rock for all your hard work - you do rock - way to go!

rp4prez
07-08-2007, 12:35 PM
when i finished downloading mine from mininova it wound up in 3 parts - not one big file....vlc - like this:

VTS_01_1.VOB/
VTS_01_2.VOB/
VTS_01_3.VOB/

i've downloaded alot from mininova and i think this is the first i've seen come in
parts - kinda weird - anybody?

it did the same thing to me... that's just how dvds work... i used the democracy player (http://www.getdemocracy.com) to watch it. :)

rp4prez
07-08-2007, 12:39 PM
nayjevin is absolutely right when he says:

You cannot have incorrect spelling on professional pieces

unfortunately, after reading all these posts, it looks like the big red button has been pressed and there is no going back.

So, anyway - next time, in any project, please check the spelling 10x before going to production.

PS. This is not to say that you don't rock for all your hard work - you do rock - way to go!

Although it is a misfortune that this wasn't caught before it went to production I would like to say has anyone seen those paragraphs where all the words are misspelled one way or another but you can still read it without any problems? haha...

Anyway, I think this is a great piece! When handing out the dvd I would recommend that people remind the Iowans that what other candidate (Dem or Repub) would have people who are not officially with the campaign make dvds to pass out to other citizens?

I think this says alot about the people who support Dr. Paul.

Awesome job!!

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-08-2007, 12:52 PM
I've burned one so far, but my method is far from efficient, takes an hour (give or take -- didn't time it). I will do some more, but to send out, I need at least a label if not an insert.

Does anyone already have artwork for a label? I can make one, but it will take some time to get it formatted to the right size. I'm sure there's a template around for that, but don't have it.

cowbot
07-08-2007, 02:05 PM
We need 1,000-10,000 RP supporters with cheap/free long distance to help place calls to Iowa republicans right away!

The Iowa Straw Polls are Aug 11, and only 6% of Iowans surveyed have heard of Dr. Paul! We have* to get the word out!

Please See this link!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=57300

CJLauderdale4
07-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Anyone that had to upgrade their firmware on their router (linksys WRT45G), be sure to reboot your computer and the router.

Once I did this, then uTorrent began downloading...

Alabama Supporter
07-08-2007, 05:51 PM
I don't want to trash this production, but I downloaded a very nice DVD file last weekend that RohanT made and posted on this forum. I don't know that it got as much hubub because of the 30,000 distribution goal of this original post.

As far as I know, there were no misspelled words in it. It has professional menus that you can choose the different videos. Of course the video is of the same youtube quality, which is the biggest drawback right now.

Here is the link to that discussion http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5023

The breakdown:

GOP Debates
- South Carolina
- New Hampshire
- Simi Valley

Television Interviews
- Real Time with Bill Maher
- Daily Show
- Conversation with the Candidate (NH)
- Lou Dobbs Tonight
- NH Radio

Campaign Tour
- NH Tour
- Austin Fundraiser
- Arizona
- RP Revolution

Capitol Speeches
- U.S. Economic Outlook aka Bernanke Bitchslap
- In the Name of Patriotism

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Difference is, Jeff's actually putting it to production. Good work, Jeff.

EvoPro
07-08-2007, 06:39 PM
It has professional menus that you can choose the different videos.

menus are a pain in the arse. This is a good 40 minute video. Maybe a combination of a main video like this and the menu extras would be a little better. The quality is a problem, but I think this is still way better than nothing. We need to get the word out to those that don't use the internet.

jd603
07-08-2007, 06:48 PM
the problem of course with both these videos is they look bad on a home hdtv/dvd set-up due to the Youtube video quality. Nobody is taking me up on offer to host higher quality vids so far though. :(

Alabama Supporter
07-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Difference is, Jeff's actually putting it to production. Good work, Jeff.

It sounds like alot of you are downloading it too. I just wanted to throw it out there for those of you who may be unsatisfied with the format.

Lord Xar
07-08-2007, 07:19 PM
the problem of course with both these videos is they look bad on a home hdtv/dvd set-up due to the Youtube video quality. Nobody is taking me up on offer to host higher quality vids so far though. :(

? what would you need to host higher quality vids?

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 07:22 PM
? what would you need to host higher quality vids?

The higher quality video itself, I would imagine. He's offering to host it if we can get the video to him.

FreedomLover
07-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Have the dvds already been mass-produced?

jd603
07-08-2007, 07:40 PM
For example:

Ron Paul HQ Vids (http://ronpaul.dyni.net/hqvideo/)

I can give out FTP logins for upload or I can accept them however you can deliver them to me, plan is to have a real site eventually but this works for the moment.

The higher quality video itself, I would imagine. He's offering to host it if we can get the video to him.

nayjevin
07-08-2007, 08:20 PM
sfggs

gocubsgo
07-08-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't want to trash this production, but I downloaded a very nice DVD file last weekend that RohanT made and posted on this forum. I don't know that it got as much hubub because of the 30,000 distribution goal of this original post.

I concur I like the one RohanT made over this one, however it appears as though with this one you can just pop it in and it'll play don't have to finagle with the menus.

Bradley in DC
07-08-2007, 09:52 PM
I concur I like the one RohanT made over this one, however it appears as though with this one you can just pop it in and it'll play don't have to finagle with the menus.

Cool--our problem now is we have too many people doing too much for the cause!

Gigaplex
07-09-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm jealous of RohanT's fancy menu system :)

Really, I don't think not having a menu is a deal breaker and that is why I concentrated on other things but I would like to have one. I think it makes it look more professional. It'd be rather simple for this video. Probably just a "Play Movie", "Scene Section" on the main screen.

I am shying away from making mine look like a campaign video though. I imagine RohanT's will be passed out in person or people will ask for it. In that type of situation it is probably best to make it obvious that it is a campaign video because they probably know what's going on and will watch it either way.

In my case though, this DVD will end up on many people's porches in Ames. In that situation, most people would throw away anything that looked like a campaign video, ESPECIALLY in Ames. So I tried to make it look a bit mysterious to get people to pop it in. You've got to understand that people in Ames are bombarded with all manner of things during the election season because they are one of, if not THE most important town in the election. You've got to ease them into it and come from a different angle.

I think that by the time they figure out my video is a campaign video, they are already interested and would continue watching. It's the sneak attack ;)

Jeff

poppop_schell
07-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Most people are NOT this computer literate or don't have access to interent or broadstream internet. Can this be reproduced into a DVD and then duplicated a just a few cents per DVD?

poppop_schell
07-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Most people are NOT this computer literate or don't have access to the internet or if they do, to broadband internet. Can this be reproduced into a DVD and then duplicated for just a few cents per DVD?

Folks, as a person's age increases, so does his/her likelihood of voting. The under age 25 group has very low voter turnout.

Sematary
07-10-2007, 09:36 AM
I converted the dvd to mpg (much smaller download and you don't need a torrent). If you intend to distribute to others (as I do) then I suggest downloading the torrent though (I am seeding)
here is the link: Ron Paul dvd/mpg (http://www.doomwadstation.com/xtra/ronpaul.htm)

Orat
07-10-2007, 12:27 PM
This video is pretty good as it goes... But, don't want to be a wet blanket, but I see a few major issues here as far as its stated purpose of converting Iowan voters for the straw poll:

1. The presentation is not quite structured enough for someone who doesn't know anything about Ron Paul. It just dives in a bit too quickly and jumps around from clip to clip.

2. Know thy audience! It relies too heavily on clips from known flaming liberal shows like Bill Maher and Kieth Olbermann. This is a SURE FIRE way to turn off conservative republican voters. It casts Paul's message in a liberal light rather than a conservative one. This would be great for the general election, but not before the primaries.

We need something that is a bit more biographical, orderly and structured, targets conservatives, and if possible, that draws upon higher quality source footage.

Does anyone have a link to the one RohanT created?

poppop_schell
07-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Cool--our problem now is we have too many people doing too much for the cause!

I wish we had too many people actually doing soemthing in Iowa:mad:

Folks, I see shotgun marks all over the place BUT few rifle shots hitting the bullseye.:eek:

There is a GREAT danger is expending our efforts in many directions. Makes us feel good BUT it doesn't win elections.:(

WE ahve a lot of creative and dedicated people BUT folks we need to FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS on a few things, ie.e rifle in on the target. What is the target?

TO WIN OR MAKE A VERY GOOD SHOWING IN IOWA, NH, SC, AND ARIZONA. BLUNTLY PUT, IF THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN ALL THIS TALK AND CREATIVE JUICES WILL HAVE BEEN WASTED.

IMO, all future threads MUST be focused on how to win in these four key states. I can't beleive the number of subjects and threads we have on Ron Paul Forums. Folks this is fine for talking about your hobby, etc BUT is inefffective in winning a political campaign.:mad:

poppop_schell
07-11-2007, 10:29 PM
So what political techniques should we use to focus in on these four states?

1. Everyone volunteer to call using the Spooner Project already discussed. Is it perfect? NO but it is working. They have over one million Iowa names. Use Iowa to work out the "bugs" and learn TO USE IN YOUR HOME STATE LATER. Doing instead of talking and debating.

2. Use the Project Contact GOP County leaders to get awareness of Ron Paul and develop a friendly relationship. THis will be helpful both in the primaries and in the general election when Ron Paul wins the GOP nomination. I will share this already tested project with anyone if requested at poppop_schell@hotmail.com

3. Make an agreement in your state on an effective DVD and Video handout of not more than 20 minutes. Pehraps several focusing on three or at most four critical issues that you know are of concern in your state. Target the message where it will have the most impact.

My understanding is that this is already being done in Iowa. 10,000 copies already produced and 12,000 more planned at a cost of about 50 cents to $1.

Mass produce it and make it available to those people you called or talked to in person. Just DO it!!!

Please remember much of the voting public does NOT have internet access and/or doesn't know about or feel comfortable with YouTube, etc. Its mostly the younger folks who love YouTube. BTW, I'm 66 and a retired University Business Professor.

3. Finally... JUST DO IT (you define IT) and stop just talking and debating. Yes, you can refine the video, telephone script, etc as we learn better how to relay Ron Paul's message. BUT the time for ACTION at least in Iowa and the other three key states is NOW, NOW, NOW. DEbate is fun but it doesn't win elections.

I HOPE THAT IS WHY EVERYONE IS HERE... TO WIN?

Lord Xar
07-12-2007, 12:22 AM
So what political techniques should we use to focus in on these four states?

1. Everyone volunteer to call using the Spooner Project already discussed. Is it perfect? NO but it is working. They have over one million Iowa names. Use Iowa to work out the "bugs" and learn TO USE IN YOUR HOME STATE LATER. Doing instead of talking and debating.

2. Use the Project Contact GOP County leaders to get awareness of Ron Paul and develop a friendly relationship. THis will be helpful both in the primaries and in the general election when Ron Paul wins the GOP nomination. I will share this already tested project with anyone if requested at poppop_schell@hotmail.com

3. Make an agreement in your state on an effective DVD and Video handout of not more than 20 minutes. Pehraps several focusing on three or at most four critical issues that you know are of concern in your state. Target the message where it will have the most impact.

My understanding is that this is already being done in Iowa. 10,000 copies already produced and 12,000 more planned at a cost of about 50 cents to $1.

Mass produce it and make it available to those people you called or talked to in person. Just DO it!!!

Please remember much of the voting public does NOT have internet access and/or doesn't know about or feel comfortable with YouTube, etc. Its mostly the younger folks who love YouTube. BTW, I'm 66 and a retired University Business Professor.

3. Finally... JUST DO IT (you define IT) and stop just talking and debating. Yes, you can refine the video, telephone script, etc as we learn better how to relay Ron Paul's message. BUT the time for ACTION at least in Iowa and the other three key states is NOW, NOW, NOW. DEbate is fun but it doesn't win elections.

I HOPE THAT IS WHY EVERYONE IS HERE... TO WIN?

You have great points but posting "just" on a forum that only a small fraction of ron paul supporters come to is not enough.

For instance, has there been a centralized "command" so to speak for the meetups -- so that the "heads" of the meetups OR a global blast TO the meetup groups can take effect whenver there is a "central command notice" -- for example.. this calling of iowans... nothing has been mentioned in my meetup group via email...

So, I agree that all this work is great.. BUT we need to hone it a bit and focus some energies where needed.

SO, who has this meetup list contact info?

But not only that... again, there has to be a filtering of this info "on this site" to the satellite areas????

For instance.. lets take the TOP 20 Ron Paul sites... Perhaps someone can contact them to put a blurb on their sites??? and Pronto!!!!

torchbearer
07-12-2007, 12:56 AM
You have great points but posting "just" on a forum that only a small fraction of ron paul supporters come to is not enough.

For instance, has there been a centralized "command" so to speak for the meetups -- so that the "heads" of the meetups OR a global blast TO the meetup groups can take effect whenver there is a "central command notice" -- for example.. this calling of iowans... nothing has been mentioned in my meetup group via email...

So, I agree that all this work is great.. BUT we need to hone it a bit and focus some energies where needed.

SO, who has this meetup list contact info?

But not only that... again, there has to be a filtering of this info "on this site" to the satellite areas????

For instance.. lets take the TOP 20 Ron Paul sites... Perhaps someone can contact them to put a blurb on their sites??? and Pronto!!!!

If you can compose a database of ron paul sites and meet-up leaders that would be very beneficial to getting action plans implemented.

Electric Church
07-12-2007, 01:09 AM
This video is pretty good as it goes... But, don't want to be a wet blanket, but I see a few major issues here as far as its stated purpose of converting Iowan voters for the straw poll:

1. The presentation is not quite structured enough for someone who doesn't know anything about Ron Paul. It just dives in a bit too quickly and jumps around from clip to clip.

2. Know thy audience! It relies too heavily on clips from known flaming liberal shows like Bill Maher and Kieth Olbermann. This is a SURE FIRE way to turn off conservative republican voters. It casts Paul's message in a liberal light rather than a conservative one. This would be great for the general election, but not before the primaries.

We need something that is a bit more biographical, orderly and structured, targets conservatives, and if possible, that draws upon higher quality source footage.

I agree. I find it kind of choppy especially if you've never heard or seen RP. And the picture quality is fuzzy. There are a lot better quality videos out there on youtube about Ron Paul and if I had to choose which video to show someone who has never heard of Ron Paul I wouldn't choose this one.

But for those who know about Ron Paul it gives an ok summary of the major footage that has been posted on youtube over the last few months.

aravoth
07-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Holy Crap! I need to adjust my settings! I'm dowloading at 470 KBS!

torchbearer
07-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Holy Crap! I need to adjust my settings! I'm dowloading at 470 KBS!

Bandwidth courtesty of ROn Paul supporters. ;) another way we save the campaign money.

Bergie Bergeron
07-12-2007, 09:12 AM
bump

jacmicwag
07-12-2007, 02:55 PM
This is a great video but I do have to agree with Orat that we might want something a bit shorter and more structured for the Iowa audience. I've seen several clips on YouTube that meet this bill.

Still, anything with RP talking is going to help. Thank you very much for your efforts in putting this together.

Bryan
07-12-2007, 04:58 PM
If you can compose a database of ron paul sites..

There's already a few new ones but:

Best Ron Paul Links
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=15

UCFGavin
07-12-2007, 05:14 PM
those concerned about a central site, there is one coming. keep up the enthusiasm and get those Iowa folks ready for Ames :)

Ron Neil
07-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi guys,
I exported straight from premiere to a format designed for Google video last night. Currently it is uploading to Google. There will soon be a website specifically for this DVD where you can watch it. Thanks for getting it on the torrent. Hope you all like it!

I am very impressed with the finished product. Thanks.

onedollardvdproject.com

Ron

817 219 2798

Mike in PA
07-16-2007, 12:35 AM
How can us 'normal' folk see this video who know NOTHING of bit-torrents and all of that?

Someone that has a "Director" account at youtube could upload it, but also you could easily find out how to download torrents.

You need a program, I recommend uTorrent. www.utorrent.com

Once installed and open, click one of the above links and it should start downloading.

One more snag though is the file type. Someone should really upload an .avi format. I would if my Internet connect wasn't so bad. :mad:

Mike

romeshomey
07-16-2007, 03:06 AM
You can add the video to your myspace page, or embed to any other website using this code.

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-2284724646717174405&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

For example...

www.myspace.com/romeshomey

Would be another great way to get the video out. Look how fast the word of myspace spread just on its own.

Roxi
07-16-2007, 06:23 PM
I don't know anyone with VHS, and when I saw this discussed earlier in another thread, it seemed decided that most people have converted to DVD in Iowa.

YES you do...my mom has a VCR...so does my grandma....and yes they still use em

bertsbrother
07-16-2007, 07:15 PM
I consider myself very computer literate but I'm not seeing any way to get sound on this DVD. I notice there is no AUDIO_TS folder like other DVDs. I'm assuming this wouldn't be released only half done so I guess I need some help here :(

I'm happy to seed the file tho. I finished downloading it thanks to someone giving me 400Kb/s.

aravoth
07-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Can someone get ahold of the maker of this DVD and ask them if I can get the 3rd debate in high def, I need a few other interviews as well, I'm wanting to re-do my vid's in highdef for DVD's and such.

Sematary
07-17-2007, 04:11 PM

I converted it to mpg format. For some reason though, it looks wide. Still a good video:

http://www.doomwadstation.com/xtra/ronpaul.htm

aravoth
07-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Can someone get ahold of the maker of this DVD and ask them if I can get the 3rd debate in high def, I need a few other interviews as well, I'm wanting to re-do my vid's in highdef for DVD's and such.

bump

Electric Church
07-17-2007, 05:54 PM
bump

Orat
07-17-2007, 05:56 PM
I don't have 'em in HD, but I did TiVo the 3rd debate and it is okay quality. I suppose I could burn it to DVD, then make an ISO, and then find a way to get it to you.

poppop_schell
07-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Bump

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 09:48 PM
bump

poppop_schell
07-18-2007, 03:30 PM
CALL FOR HELP!!!!

We are having a strawvote by the Iowa GOP on August 11th. Most of the National MSM will cover this. Ron Paul MUST come in 1st or 2nd to get above the MSM radar and start getting regular coverage. We are telephoning at least 500,000 GOP ers and Independents to encourage them to come to the strawvote and supprt RP.

If you wish to help, contact calliowa@ronpaul2008.com

Lord Xar
07-18-2007, 03:32 PM
CALL FOR HELP!!!!

We are having a strawvote by the Iowa GOP on August 11th. Most of the National MSM will cover this. Ron Paul MUST come in 1st or 2nd to get above the MSM radar and start getting regular coverage. We are telephoning at least 500,000 GOP ers and Independents to encourage them to come to the strawvote and supprt RP.

If you wish to help, contact calliowa@ronpaul2008.com

Can you post this on his MYSPACE and FACEBOOK accounts. I try, but the dude never posts my comments.

poppop_schell
07-18-2007, 03:37 PM
HELP US OUT HERE IN IOWA?

We have a very important strawvote coming up on August 11th. Most of the National MSM will be there to cover it. IMO, RP has to have an excellent showing (1st or 2nd) to get above the radar of the MSM. We are trying to call 500,000 GOPers and Independents to come to the strawvote and support RP.

Can you help make telephone calls? If so, contact calliowa@ronpaul2008.com

scbissler
07-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Have the DVDs been sent out to Iowans yet? If no, when? If yes, has there been any feedback? Just curious. (apologies if the info is somewhere in the middle of the thread)

poppop_schell
07-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Bump

poppop_schell
07-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Bump

EastWindRain
07-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Friday 2007-07-20
Scheduled DVD Arrival

13,500 straw poll DVDs arrive
Des Moines
The factory that I am going through to create the straw poll DVDs has promised me a delivery date of July 20th so if nothing goes wrong in produciton or shipping, they should arrive on this day. We are hoping to distribute most of these through door to door efforts.

Are the 13 500 Ron Paul Straw Poll DVD's being handed out today in Iowa? Watch the DVD below:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2284724646717174405 Duration 40 minutes.

markpa
07-20-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm not sure on the DVD as far as people who have only been watching the old media, may not be able to relate to this much common sense at once.

Having said that I am no expert ofcourse and I could be wrong. I guess we will see, but I applaud everyone who was involved in this. It is astounding that a candidate has these kind of supporters. It speaks for him and for you good folks.

Orat
07-21-2007, 12:37 PM
We were going to have some DVDs pressed here, but when they saw the content, they said we'd have to sign off that we had permission to use the TV clips. How'd you guys get around that?

ZandarKoad
07-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Sheesh, here I was looking forward to seeding the DVD for people, but here I am downloading it at FIVE HUNDRED K/S from a flippin TORRENT. I've I've uploaded ZERO KB. W T F. So much for helping out. Looks like SOMEONE has THAT covered.

:D

poppop_schell
07-31-2007, 04:27 PM
bump