PDA

View Full Version : 2 ideas for Grassroots

Suhail Syed
12-18-2007, 12:52 PM
First idea:
Harness the muslim vote... Ron Paul's foreign policy is very applying to us Muslim American Citizens... 3 points have made it very easy for me to sway muslim citizens from voting democrat and instead voting for Ron Paul:
1) Voted against the Iraq war in 2003
2) Wants to pull all the troops back home, including those in Iraq
3) His stance on Iran * KEY POINT *

Second idea:
A little bit of a publicity stunt perhaps, but something that'll look good during the Christmas season, if we can get Ron Paul to support Orphanages in Iowa or we the grassroots to support them on Christmas. We could donate gifts, clothes, and even sponser a catering service for all the orphanages throughout Iowa to help boost local awareness of Ron Paul... imagine a statewide effort to bring Christmas to all the orphans in Iowa... the publicity of it should be very positive and beneificial... something like this would need the aid of the actual campaign but ulitmatly the well doing of the grassroots

rpfreedom08
12-18-2007, 12:59 PM
not alot of muslims in my town but I have been using this tact for a while now with all the muslims I run into. They all seem to like him.

Suhail Syed
12-18-2007, 01:09 PM
i forgot to mention if you run into Hindus (indians) you could bring up how Ron Paul stated he wouldn't support dictators such as in Pakistan... his foregin policy is very appealing however to garner last minute curiosity, these points are important to make :)

I'm Pakistani and I've convinced hindus to vote for Ron Paul by showing them a few youtube segments where he cited the contradictory foregin policy we now have where we support Pakistan - dictator ran country... they ask me why I support Ron Paul if he's not for Pakistan... I reply how he would cut aid to all countries and pull back all our troops... also mentioned how he voted against the Iraq war...

european
12-18-2007, 01:23 PM
to make it a little more practical:
go into a mosk and ask to meet the imam, then talk with him about Ron Paul. He can reach a big audience + he got great status amongst his listeners.
any imam will grant a talk with an outsider :D so this should be VERY EASY to do :D

Suhail Syed
12-18-2007, 01:29 PM
good point... have a group of your local grassroots contact whoever runs the local Mosque/Musjid and see if you can arrange for a meeting and present to them the ideas of Ron Paul and propose to them to endorse Ron Paul's candidancy to their followers

HazardPerry
12-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Another key talking point is his opposition to the Patriot Act and domestic surveillance in general, as well as a National ID card. I am a muslim and in the broader muslim community down here in Florida, there are many concerned that with the current erosion of civil liberties, with the possible exception of illegal immigrants, muslim- and arab-americans will be the first targets of any sort of action derived from these measures.

Most of us are proud to be American citizens, and although Paul's stance on the war and involvement in the middle east is a key issue, civil liberties are possibly even more important, at least in my local community, but I would assume in the broader population as well.

european
12-18-2007, 03:47 PM
blimp

Suhail Syed
12-18-2007, 05:46 PM
i forgot to mention how he voted against the Patriot Act... please if you can don't forget to mention to muslims that he voted against the Patriot Act

thanks Hazardperry!