PDA

View Full Version : Send Huckabee your $0.02 worth... literally

BMyers
12-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Just picked up the domain www.2centsformike.com

I think we should organize a protest donation in which people of all opposing campaigns can send Mike Huckabee their 2 cents worth... by literally sending a donation of 2 pennies.

If 10k people did so he would only raise $200... but, imagine the impact such a statement would make.

Pick a date people... I'll set up a site.

-Bill

pikerz
12-18-2007, 12:36 PM
he'll just boast about how many individual donors he got.

burningfur
12-18-2007, 12:37 PM
parodies are funny.

The money spritzer!

mesler
12-18-2007, 12:38 PM
How about you do something productive instead of doing what the other major candidate supporters do to us?

Every time I see a Thompson or Giuliani supporter say something derogatory about Paul or his supporters, it simply further alienates me. Leave the Huckabee folks alone, let them find their own way, and with a little luck, they'll see what we see in Dr. Paul and won't be too alienated by rude supporters to support the good man.

KewlRonduderules
12-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Just picked up the domain www.2centsformike.com

I think we should organize a protest donation in which people of all opposing campaigns can send Mike Huckabee their 2 cents worth... by literally sending a donation of 2 pennies.

If 10k people did so he would only raise $200... but, imagine the impact such a statement would make.

Pick a date people... I'll set up a site.

-Bill

Bad idea! It will only give him money and negative publicity for us. Let the PACs and campaign handle the criticisms, they know how to do it professionally.

kylejack
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Don't do this. He'd lose a significant amount of money in transaction fees, more than he made in donations. You would essentially be stealing money from him. This is a form of attack on his campaign, and one based on fraud in my opinion.

Drknows
12-18-2007, 12:42 PM
How about you do something productive instead of doing what the other major candidate supporters do to us?

Every time I see a Thompson or Giuliani supporter say something derogatory about Paul or his supporters, it simply further alienates me. Leave the Huckabee folks alone, let them find their own way, and with a little luck, they'll see what we see in Dr. Paul and won't be too alienated by rude supporters to support the good man.

QFT

Yeah STFU about huck. That guys has more skeletons in his closet than any other candidate let the media lambast his ass

klamath
12-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Don't do this. He'd lose a significant amount of money in transaction fees, more than he made in donations. You would essentially be stealing money from him. This is a form of attack on his campaign, and one based on fraud in my opinion.

+1

BMyers
12-18-2007, 12:49 PM

I am not being rude to Huck supporters...

It would simply a protest against Mike and moreover a statement to the MSM and how they have falsely elevated him up in their polls. If you can have a coordinated effort between all supporters of the other candidates (Romney, Gulianni, Thompson, etc) it would reflect the actual number of supporters vs opponents... besides, would you be proud to announce that with 100k people you raised only $1000??

mconder
12-18-2007, 12:52 PM
His campaign would spend more time and money than the .02 donations are worth. Too funny. Imagine if 60,000 of us did it. He would spend like tens of thousands processing under $1000 of donations.

paulaholic
12-18-2007, 12:52 PM
I think it's an alright idea...

kylejack
12-18-2007, 01:00 PM
His campaign would spend more time and money than the .02 donations are worth. Too funny. Imagine if 60,000 of us did it. He would spend like tens of thousands processing under $1000 of donations.
Yes, which is why it is unethical.

I think it's an alright idea...
Its a terrible idea and would earn us negative press.

klamath
12-18-2007, 01:04 PM
You would get a million dollars worth of press on how unethical the Paul supporters are and it would be true.
How would we like it if they did something like this on the 16th and crashed our servers with money losing donations?
If you want to get to Huck just speak the truth about the issues.

HOLLYWOOD
12-18-2007, 01:09 PM
HUCK would just take all those $.02, buy a GOLD ROLEX and then he'll really Preach a Campaign!

Don't give the SILVER TONGUE DEVIL a penny or any press