PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul needs to start picking fights with Huckabee and Giulliani

Pete Kay
12-18-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm sick of Ron Paul gettting asked if he will run third party. He need's to come out and say, "Why don't you ask Huckabee that? He is a tax and spend liberal. I don't see where he fits in the Republican party." And "Rudy used to be a Democrat. I've always been a Republican. Even when I ran for President on the Libertarian ticket, I stayed a Republican. Rudy has a long list of liberal positions that make him a RINO at best, not a true Republican."

Ron needs to stop deflecting this question and instead redirect it at the other candidates. This will force the other candidates to respond to these accusations and get a real national debate going about what it means to be a Republican and a conservative.

Ron2Win
12-18-2007, 11:47 AM
No fights. He is not running against anyone.

He is running for America.

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-18-2007, 11:49 AM
I agree... he gets the most press coverage when he challenges the others.... he should continue to do this because he is always right, never wrong...

Pete Kay
12-18-2007, 11:49 AM
No fights. He is not running against anyone.

He is running for America.

This is a competition. He needs to win. I'm sick of liberal Republicans getting a pass. Ron has already attacked them indirectly. He needs to be specific and call them out. If he does this he will get more face time on tv and in the papers.

Joe3113
12-18-2007, 11:55 AM
He needs to start attacking (politely of course) them for their CFR membership and challenging them to also commit to abolishing the federal reserve. He should quote Carol Quigley about the CFR and stuff like this. Of course....if he starts doing this I think he'll need protection immediately.

We know we will nopt lose any support so I think it can only be a good thing.

jacmicwag
12-18-2007, 11:55 AM
I think Ron has been in a few bar fights before and knows how to win a fight without getting hit upside the head. Evidence - this morning's Sinclair Lewis quote.

Ron2Win
12-18-2007, 11:58 AM
This is a competition. He needs to win. I'm sick of liberal Republicans getting a pass. Ron has already attacked them indirectly. He needs to be specific and call them out. If he does this he will get more face time on tv and in the papers.

I understand. He as been calling all of the other candidates non-republicans.

His statements shouldn't be directed at anyone in particular.

Just the overall. I just think he should keep doing what he is doing.

It is working.

fortilite
12-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Let them fight amongst themselves. I'd rather see him spread his message than waste air time attacking others.

N13
12-18-2007, 12:00 PM
All of the other Republican candidates can be attacked as Big Spender, Big Deficit, Big Government Conservative fakers.

Pete Kay
12-18-2007, 12:01 PM
I think Ron has been in a few bar fights before and knows how to win a fight without getting hit upside the head. Evidence - this morning's Sinclair Lewis quote.

I'm not so sure about that one. Most people will not understand what he was talking about. He shouldn't have said it. He should have just said, "Using religion to get ahead in politcs is in poor taste." He should have kept it simple. That quote will enrage Huckabee supporters because they just won't get it.

Paulitician
12-18-2007, 12:02 PM
He needs to start attacking (politely of course) them for their CFR membership and challenging them to also commit to abolishing the federal reserve. He should quote Carol Quigley about the CFR and stuff like this. Of course....if he starts doing this I think he'll need protection immediately.

We know we will nopt lose any support so I think it can only be a good thing.
No.

stefans
I'm sick of Ron Paul gettting asked if he will run third party. He need's to come out and say, "Why don't you ask Huckabee that? He is a tax and spend liberal. I don't see where he fits in the Republican party." And "Rudy used to be a Democrat. I've always been a Republican. Even when I ran for President on the Libertarian ticket, I stayed a Republican. Rudy has a long list of liberal positions that make him a RINO at best, not a true Republican."

Ron needs to stop deflecting this question and instead redirect it at the other candidates. This will force the other candidates to respond to these accusations and get a real national debate going about what it means to be a Republican and a conservative.

I agree. this would've been even better than the recent huckabee attacks.

beobeli
Yeah... this will give us some coverage and at the same time show that Ron can deliver a punch when deserved.

This morning FOX interview was a perfect example. Ron can punch without actually attacking.

+1

terryp
12-18-2007, 12:30 PM
All along I've thought that Dr. Paul should have a weekly press conference and
cover all of the hot topics of the week. He should highlight his long stance on items
like the Dollar, Housing bubble, Iran not being a serious threat etc...
Call out his opponents on these issues.

Whenever someone says "My voting record is as good as anyones on this stage" he should challenge them.