PDA

View Full Version : Get Ron Paul on Olbermann?!!

Highstreet
12-18-2007, 11:45 AM
letters@msnbc.com

Could we contact Keith Olbermann, and encourage him to have Ron Paul on the show?

Just an idea, but a good one to get Dems and Independents who are upset with the war, to get some coverage on the other "side" of the aisle.

fortilite
12-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Olbermann is an intellectually dishonest douche, but it would be nice.

Falseflagop
12-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Will never happen do not waste your time with this gatekeeper!

Joe3113
12-18-2007, 11:49 AM

He is definetly a partisan hack but I think its worth a try.......just to annoy them

Paulitician
12-18-2007, 11:52 AM
I don't see what's so special about Olbermann. He's like the rest of the corporate talking heads, except on the "left." Hack. Gatekeeper. He's no better than the rest of them. Either way, any coverage is better than none at all.

fletcher
12-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Olbermann is a partisan tool. He won't mention Ron Paul, let alone have him on his show.

kylejack
12-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Olbermann is quite clearly actively avoiding the topic of Ron Paul. Clearly he disagrees with Ron Paul on policy and doesn't want to risk his viewers being enticed by Ron Paul's war views.

Matthew Zak
12-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Olbermann will always be a sports pundit in my eyes. Always.

wfd40
12-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Olbermann is a shill... he talks a big game about getting out of the war, protecting are liberties and restoring the constitution..

But when has he ever mentioned the name of the one person running for President that will actually make sure all of those things happen???

NEVER.. SO IMO, OLBERMANN CAN PISS OFF

ValidusCustodiae
12-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Olbermann is a shill... he talks a big game about getting out of the war, protecting are liberties and restoring the constitution..

But when has he ever mentioned the name of the one person running for President that will actually make sure all of those things happen???

This sort of expresses my sentiment.

Satyricon
12-18-2007, 12:05 PM
It doesn't matter if he agrees with Ron on everything, they are in clear agreement (at least I think) on the war issue.

Even if they weren't, it is COVERAGE, which is good regardless.

kylejack
12-18-2007, 12:06 PM
It doesn't matter if he agrees with Ron on everything, they are in clear agreement (at least I think) on the war issue.

Even if they weren't, it is COVERAGE, which is good regardless.
Its not your decision to make, it is Olbermann's, and he has made quite clear that he is not interested in talking about Ron Paul unless it gives him an opportunity to get digs in on McCain.

Highstreet
12-18-2007, 12:26 PM

That's the beauty. .....he is strong against the war and pro civil liberties.

I think we could get him on the common enemy factor of Neocons.

all J's in IL for RP
12-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Although I occasionally find his pompous Edward R. Murrow imitation somewhat interesting, his show is a circus act. Send a message if you will, but I doubt that shill would mention Paul until he's the nominee. I don't think I've ever seen him actually interview someone with which he disagrees.

In fact, I'm rather glad he's not mentioning Ron as he's more likely to poke fun at his supporters.

painter4Ron Paul
12-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Olbermann hates the anti-illegal immigration people and is a self-important KNOW-IT-ALL. But I guess if Paul can handle the weasels at FOX, Olbermann should be a piece of c:pake.

daikonv
12-18-2007, 01:14 PM
sometimes what olbermann says needs to be said, but overall, i really can't stand listening to him. he's just so angry all the time.

jarofclay
12-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Most of the time Olbermann calls it like it is which is FAR BETTER than most talking heads who wouldn't know the truth if it detonated in their face.

Oliver
12-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Done. Now you! :)

Dear Sir's and Madam's at MSNBC,

living in Germany, I love watching Keith Olbermann's realistic stance
about what's going on in Washington DC - even if the mud-slinging
towards Mr. Nut'o'reilly isn't really necessary.

However - what I miss at his show is an appereance of Dr. Ron Paul
who draws a lot of attention in the Internet, especially since his two
online fundraiser what earned him over $10M so far and broke all
existing online records in the past.

Is there a chance that Mr. Paul will be a guest on the show - I really
would appreciate that as a sign that MSNBC isn't about Pro-Dems
only since many Democrats are inspired by Dr. Paul as well, including
my stance as a non-American "Sozial-Demokrat".

Thank you in advance,
Oliver Mayer

Oliver
12-18-2007, 01:31 PM

What's a Gatekeeper?

Anyway - he has a lot of fans for his open criticism.
So even if you don't like him personally, there are a
lot of Ron Paul fans out there who watch his show -
including many who don't know Ron Paul.

That's the main point here.

Oliver
12-18-2007, 01:38 PM
*Bump* for a great Idea.

Oliver
12-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Any negative thoughts about the Idea? (Besides the Dem's vs Rep's argument?)

itsnobody
12-18-2007, 03:14 PM
come on people...20,000 emails should do it

Anti Federalist
12-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Oliver asked:

What's a Gatekeeper?

A gatekeeper is one of those, both on the left and right, who serve to "filter" what is "newsworthy".

They also serve a more important role as a "steam valve", as the country continues to slide into disaster, more and more people become angry and fed up at the ruling classes and their handmaidens in the media and and their pals serving corporatism. To keep the people in line, to stave off revolution of any type, they hoot and holler and "raise hell" in an attempt to release this energy that threatens their interests.

But they accomplish nothing, and never support real change.

They embody the words of Shakespeare, "All sound and fury, signifying nothing".

Olberman and Michael Moore are two examples on the left, Limbaugh and Hannity are two examples on the right.

FireofLiberty
12-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Olbermann has only mentioned Ron Paul once on his show that I can remember, and it was to bash John McCain.