PDA

View Full Version : National Day Off for Ron...

videogeek
12-18-2007, 11:04 AM
This is an idea that's been bouncing around out there and I'd like to propose it here to find out what others think: a nationwide shut-down day on Jan. 7th. I think the idea of RP supporters across the country taking the same day off of school or work and going door to door or standing on a prominent street corner with a sign would send a powerful message the day before the NH primary. The campaign is in good financial shape, what we need is a LARGE scale social action like this to wake up the voters. If there were even just a few hundred people out in every city in the country, it could make an impact if they all did it on the same day. You and I know, though that if everyone who's donated so far put their feet on the street that day, there would be massive publicity generated. Besides, we're all working until April 30th to pay our tax burden, why not stop work for a day in symbolic protest? I may go ahead this evening and build a simple web page with the details and reasons why, etc. that people can post links to in other forums and blogs.

Any thoughts on why this might or might not be effective?

Cheers,
VideoGeek

Ron2Win
12-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Yeah, I need to take some days off of work to canvas.

Instead I just lurk here.