PDA

View Full Version : Drudge puts Ron's lewis quote up

webaform
12-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Cool, Drudge Report has a quote from Ron at the top now.

burningfur
12-18-2007, 08:07 AM
THE AMAZING, AMAZING BUMP STRIKES AGAIN!

Wolf Blitzer: *Awe-struck* Amazing, Amazing.

evadmurd
12-18-2007, 08:07 AM
The MSM will pick up that. No publicity is bad publicity.

allyinoh
12-18-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm sure people will try to spin it as Paul saying he is a Facist, but people will half a brain would understand the meaning behind it.

pikerz
12-18-2007, 08:08 AM
I was checking drudge seconds after I learned about the quote. I figured that was just his type of thing, lol.

May work to our advantage.

brumans
12-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Woah, right up top. This coulbe be big.

Tenbatsu
12-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Interesting.

Nihilist23
12-18-2007, 08:10 AM
This is going to be huge.

I think Ron is starting to get his hands a little dirty.

I love this guy.

Rex
12-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Yah BOOYIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!

pikerz
I think controversy at this point works to our advantage.

It gives the media a reason not to ignore him, and at the same time it will bring us a new group of people that will actually take the time to look into RP's stances.

idiotwind

Is that all you say? 500 wolf blitzer posts?

saahmed
12-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Will this be perceived well? The guy on Fox kind of blew it off and said "Well I don't think Huckabee is trying to bring about Fascism."

hellah10
12-18-2007, 08:14 AM
its time to take the gloves off... tired of this nice guy shit

*gets up to go shadow boxing*

nevildev
12-18-2007, 08:14 AM
This is awesome! People will at first misinterpret his meaning and demand that Ron Paul "retract his statement"...sound familiar? He will stand firm on his statement, explain what he meant, and shock Americans with his simple yet solid common sense!

pikerz
12-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Its going to be perceived every which way possible.

It will certainly be a source of controversy. But controversy helps us overcome this name recognition problem, believe it or not.

Theres an old media axiom-- no press is bad press. It holds true, depending on your ability to game the situation.

Duckman
12-18-2007, 08:16 AM
This will be big. In fact, I expect the fact he said this to dominate the news cycle today.

I think it could go well for Ron, especially since it seems alot of MSM don't really like Huckabee all that much. IMO.

literatim
Nothing like a little controversy to get Ron Paul's name in the news! :D

Nihilist23
This is awesome! People will at first misinterpret his meaning and demand that Ron Paul "retract his statement"...sound familiar? He will stand firm on his statement, explain what he meant, and shock Americans with his simple yet solid common sense!

It's been a long time, hasn't it? He should do this more often.

Rex
Ron even says he's not sure if that is a fair assumption or not but it makes sense.. :)

burningfur
Is that all you say? 500 wolf blitzer posts?

He is the reason I bump.

hellah10
12-18-2007, 08:17 AM
i wanna see a huckleberry vs ron paul debate... talk about ownage...ron paul would put him under the table

webaform
12-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Will this be perceived well? The guy on Fox kind of blew it off and said "Well I don't think Huckabee is trying to bring about Fascism."

Well, it does require some thought. Hopefully, some people will think about the quote and what it could possibly mean.

A possible interpretation is the danger of following someone blindly because of a perception that has no underlying reality.

rooteroa
12-18-2007, 08:21 AM
i think this is bad for paul

Duckman
12-18-2007, 08:22 AM

I'm still kind of worried about that too. I think this could be spun into "Ron makes an anti-Christian remark." Again, I don't think he would have said this if he had gotten more sleep. But, the cat is out of the bag, the fact he said this energized alot of forumers it seems, and it will get attention today, I am sure of it.

Ron needs to:

1) Get some sleep before Glenn Beck.
2) Have a response ready for the (sure to come) question: "You suggested Mike Huckabee is a fascist. On what grounds can you possibly make such a baseless attack?" People associate fascism with Hitler, Mussolini, and other tyrannical dictators. I think Ron needs to explain what fascism really means and how it begins. If he does that, this could all go amazing well for us.

Joey Wahoo
12-18-2007, 08:23 AM
Y'all are seriously underrating how very badly this will hurt our cause.

nevildev
12-18-2007, 08:24 AM
i think this is bad for paul

Disagree. Remember the Rudy Vs. Paul debate. That was the first time I opened my eyes and started believing in Ron Paul. Some people will be offended, but more will open their minds and hear his message.

burningfur
12-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Disagree. Remember the Rudy Vs. Paul debate. That was the first time I opened my eyes and started believing in Ron Paul. Some people will be offended, but more will open their minds and hear his message.

This is awesome. +1

Meet the man who called Huckabee a fascist.

Remember, there is no bad publicity.

nevildev
12-18-2007, 08:25 AM
It is interesting how fast Drudge put this comment as a headline and it took an entire day before he put the Tea Party headline up.

literatim
12-18-2007, 08:27 AM
I personally think God might have guided the good doctor to say it. :)

pikerz
12-18-2007, 08:27 AM

Agreed.

Majority of christians do not seek a theocracy. They like that a familiar religion provides a moral underpinning, but the vast majority dont appreciate candidates making it the basis of their platform.

Duckman
12-18-2007, 08:28 AM
It is interesting how fast Drudge put this comment as a headline and it took an entire day before he put the Tea Party headline up.

Agreed. Either Drudge really dislikes the Huckabee ad and likes Paul's comment about it, or Drudge thinks this comment is a gaffe by Paul and is pointing it out thinking it will hurt him. I'm not sure which it is.

pikerz
12-18-2007, 08:30 AM
What drudge likes is sensationalism.

Its not a matter of hurting Paul. Its a matter of driving traffic to his site.

literatim
12-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Drudge was the first to report on the floating cross.

wgadget
12-18-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm sure people will try to spin it as Paul saying he is a Facist, but people will half a brain would understand the meaning behind it.

Well, if they did, that would REALLY be spinning it, since Ron was saying that the OTHERS were acting like fascists. People would have to be pretty ignorant to take that away from it.

nevildev
12-18-2007, 08:31 AM
What drudge likes is sensationalism.

Its not a matter of hurting Paul. Its a matter of driving traffic to his site.

He walks a fine line between sensationalism and having an agenda.

voytechs
12-18-2007, 08:32 AM
They still won't put up Ron Paul's picture. They never have. But awesome, that will get some attention.

wgadget
Agreed. Either Drudge really dislikes the Huckabee ad and likes Paul's comment about it, or Drudge thinks this comment is a gaffe by Paul and is pointing it out thinking it will hurt him. I'm not sure which it is.

It won't hurt him, IMO. The quote looks AWESOME right underneath Huck's "floating cross."

AdamT

That's because he thinks it will hurt us.

Rebel Resource
As long as Ron Paul deals with the inevitable questions in the right way, it's no negative.

He needs to find a short answer that can't be followed up on, so he gets more time for other questions.

Such as

"I think one should be cautious of leaning on religion, especially subliminally, when politics is primarily about positions and issues"

Coola
This might help to bring back some of those atheists that were disappointed in Ron Paul's support of creationism. The guy is a christian, and he's basically telling Huckabee that you shouldn't involve your own personal belief in religion with politics.

How is this a bad thing?

JohnCrabtree
12-18-2007, 08:33 AM
I think that the guy on Fox and Friends set him up for this, remember its the same guy who siad that it is clear that some online communities are "messin' with the polls" to get RP on top of the debate polls.

I think that Paul's response although in CONTEXT is not bad, when he says that Huck is trying to act as if he is the only christian it is OK, but to isolate the statement as drudge is doing makes it look like a name calling episode.

Hopefully Teflon Ron will shine through, can't wait for tonight!

alsis8xmy
12-18-2007, 08:34 AM
Wow, I guess I'll now have to go and get the book "It Can't Happen Here" by Nobel Prize winning author Sinclair Lewis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Can%27t_Happen_Here

Sounds like it might be a good foretelling of the current Huckabee situation.

wgadget
12-18-2007, 08:34 AM
That's because he thinks it will hurt us.

Maybe he's just now getting on the RP bandwagon, as are many other people. Wants to keep the readers happy and informed...

Hook
12-18-2007, 08:35 AM
This might help to bring back some of those atheists that were disappointed in Ron Paul's support of creationism. The guy is a christian, and he's basically telling Huckabee that you shouldn't involve your own personal belief in religion with politics.

How is this a bad thing?

Dr. Paul belives in evolution. Didn't you see the second debate?
At the same time, he belives those things are personal belief systems, and should not be regulated by the Feds.

Ozwest
12-18-2007, 08:36 AM

How is this a bad thing?
Not to get side-tracked, but I do not believe Ron Paul believes in Creationism, in the strict Biblical interpretation.

literatim
At the same time, he belives those things are personal belief systems, and should not be regulated by the Feds.

So do I, I just don't believe in macroevolution.

idiotwind

No, Ron paul does not believe in evolution

nevildev
12-18-2007, 08:37 AM
I think that the guy on Fox and Friends set him up for this, remember its the same guy who siad that it is clear that some online communities are "messin' with the polls" to get RP on top of the debate polls.

I think that Paul's response although in CONTEXT is not bad, when he says that Huck is trying to act as if he is the only christian it is OK, but to isolate the statement as drudge is doing makes it look like a name calling episode.

How can you setup a response like that? Impossible. They wanted his opinion on another candidate rather than his own opinions. That has been the trend of many Ron Paul TV interviews.

Heather in WI
12-18-2007, 08:37 AM
Drudge is a Libertarian. I believe that he believes Ron Paul is making his point for him. Otherwise he wouldn't have pointed out the floating cross.

Duckman
12-18-2007, 08:38 AM

How is this a bad thing?

I'm one of those atheists... personally, I LOVE the fact Ron Paul believes this and said this. It's because of his level-headedness that I have aboslutely no problem supporting him even though he may be (privately) a pretty devout Christian. However, the same things an atheist wants to see out of a religious comment tend to the same things a Christian will find very toxic, and vice versa. I guess that's the main reason I'm concerned here. I think not only did Ron say something that could be interpreted as anti-Christian (by suggesting blindly following a Christian message can lead to fascism) but it also seems like a baseless attack. I think Ron may have to do damage control for this comment.

Again, hopefully I am wrong. Maybe it will wake people up. Maybe it will cast an even more negative light on Huckabee's shameless pandering. But with certain elements of the MSM out to crucify (sorry for the pun) Ron, I just don't think it was a wise thing for him to say and he probably would have filtered that comment if he had more sleep.

literatim
No, Ron paul does not believe in evolution

I think people are confused because creationism does not exclude microevolution while it does exclude macroevolution.

davidhperry
This is going to be huge.

I think Ron is starting to get his hands a little dirty.

I love this guy.

That's what I thought after seeing that as well. I don't think this is Ron being dirty but I do think he's making an effort to get the real word out about Huckabee. I'd glad that Drudge and others picked up on it because I do think it's going to play out in the media.

mosquitobite
12-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Drudge is a Libertarian. I believe that he believes Ron Paul is making his point for him. Otherwise he wouldn't have pointed out the floating cross.

Exactly!!! The floating cross thing was on drudge yesterday. I think he's pointing out to Christians "DO NOT BE FOOLED!"

I had some guy at work today ask me "so what about this Huckabee guy" I got to point him to www.taxhikemike.com :D

Duckman
12-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Not to get side-tracked, but I do not believe Ron Paul believes in Creationism, in the strict Biblical interpretation.

Go to the "Ron Paul on the Issues" forum, there is a recent thread there with a video in which Ron Paul is point blank asked if he believes in evolution and says he "does not agree with the theories" or something like that. Please WATCH the video before becoming alarmed at the comment though. I am an atheist, and after watching the video I was much less concerned.

nevildev
12-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Youtube video is now linked on Drudge!

Dorfsmith
12-18-2007, 08:43 AM
I'm not sure if this will help or hurt Ron but I just fell in love with him a little more (and I didn't think it was possible to love him more) :D :cool::cool::cool::cool:

N13
12-18-2007, 08:44 AM
The best part is that the Huckaboo camp will not be able to resist the temptation to respond, and when they do it will open the door for Ron.

Coola
12-18-2007, 08:47 AM
The best part is that the Huckaboo camp will not be able to resist the temptation to respond, and when they do it will open the door for Ron.

Get ready for Huckabee to pull the same thing he did with Mitt. "His poll numbers are low, so all he can do is attack me. He's desperate, period." or something to that effect.

nevildev
12-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Get ready for Huckabee to pull the same thing he did with Mitt. "His poll numbers are low, so all he can do is attack me. He's desperate, period." or something to that effect.

Yup, most likely and he will deny that the window pane was a subliminal cross.

JohnCrabtree
How can you setup a response like that? Impossible. They wanted his opinion on another candidate rather than his own opinions. That has been the trend of many Ron Paul TV interviews.

He sets the question up talking about the ad being inappropriate, he asks paul what he thinks,

then he replies to Paul's statement saying that it is just a good ad saying Merry Christmas.

He did not set him up to say Fascism, but he did try to ellicit a negative response on the ad, then turn around and say the ad is a positive harmless message.

Mortikhi
Just think about this:
Tonight he will be on Glen Beck for an hour. I KNOW this quote will come up and Dr. Paul will be able to spell it out in simple terms for the zombies.

RPatTheBeach
12-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Media THRIVES on controversy. It's what gets viewers. This will only mean more face time for Dr.P, and like everything else he has ever said publicly, he can defend extremely well. I have faith in him.

voytechs
12-18-2007, 08:55 AM
They replaced the quote with an actual link to the YouTube!!!

The quote is perfect, but Dr. Paul looks really really tired, I see major bags under his eyes. He looked a lot better on Joe and America later on after that particular interview.

pikerz
12-18-2007, 08:57 AM
Media THRIVES on controversy. It's what gets viewers. This will only mean more face time for Dr.P, and like everything else he has ever said publicly, he can defend extremely well. I have faith in him.

Yup.

Personally I find it highly inappropriate to campaign on your religion, and I am a Catholic.

I can pick another church to attend if mine goes awry-- I cant exactly go pick another government whenever I want.

literatim
12-18-2007, 08:59 AM
They replaced the quote with an actual link to the YouTube!!!

The quote is perfect, but Dr. Paul looks really really tired, I see major bags under his eyes. He looked a lot better on Joe and America later on after that particular interview.

He probably just woke up.

xd9fan
12-18-2007, 08:59 AM

Everybody go back to the video and look at the two guys on Fox....Brian can be seen after the video with a big dumb ass grin on his face. And the dipshit that interviewed him saying "thank you thankyou for teling us your in Iowa"

Condescending:mad:

allyinoh
12-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Well, if they did, that would REALLY be spinning it, since Ron was saying that the OTHERS were acting like fascists. People would have to be pretty ignorant to take that away from it.

I completely agree! But you know there are the haters that will try and say that he's calling Huckabee a facist.

When I watched it, I never thought, "Oh my God why did he say that.." I was like, "Wow, awesome.."

But there are people like Steve Douche-y who have barely a brain and can't comprehend what he was trying to say.

voytechs
12-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Everybody go back to the video and look at the two guys on Fox....Brian can be seen after the video with a big dumb ass grin on his face. And the dipshit that interviewed him saying "thank you thankyou for teling us your in Iowa"

Condescending:mad:

Yeah it was obvious and blatant.

akalucas
12-18-2007, 09:03 AM
doesnt look like a window pane to me it looks like some kind of shelves because there's some ornaments in them. Well whatever the case i hope paul uses this opportunity to point out that we shouldnt legislate morality. We are already an empire if we start legislating morality we are basically one step away from becoming like the holy roman empire. Hopefully we'll never become an image of that beast the holy roman empire was.

Fyretrohl
12-18-2007, 09:06 AM
As I said in the other thread...Remember that he has a full hour with Glen tonight and Glen is NOT a Huckabee fan. :)

theodorelogan
12-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Ummm, am I the only one that is afraid that the media is going to turn this into Ron's "Dean Scream"?

Ron Paul has been doing so well. I feel sick now.

Falseflagop
12-18-2007, 09:09 AM
This youtube will get alot of views!

wgadget
12-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Ron Paul can finally get in on the religion in politics question on a national scale. It DOES seem to be the issue that concerns the Republican side this go round.

Of course, he will explain it in a way no others, not even Mitt Romney, can. Dr. Paul is the best at educating the sheeple.

Go, Ron!

wgadget
12-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Ummm, am I the only one that is afraid that the media is going to turn this into Ron's "Dean Scream"?

Not gonna happen.

frasu
12-18-2007, 09:14 AM
ooo snap...:eek:

that came kinda from nowhere, but all I am thuinking now is Naomi Wolf's book, The End of America and her 10 steps... I also could see how a statement like this will have him invited to all kind of shows to explain this quote...

Now, we just have to trust him on this one I guess and do whatever we do until we see this in context.

Nancy A
12-18-2007, 09:14 AM

I'm worried also.
I suppose it depends on how the media spins it, and so far it seems that they are not on our side.

curtisag
12-18-2007, 09:19 AM
AMAZING QUOTE, AMAZING, AMAZING!

Dr. Paul never ceases to amaze me with his knowledge and wittiness. He's as sharp as a tack. This is GREAT news, don't be fooled into believing otherwise.

Liberty Star
12-18-2007, 09:23 AM
This quote should generate good publicity, just edgy enough and perfectly relevant saying.

Go Ron Paul.

AcidReign
12-18-2007, 09:25 AM

Dean supporters were weak. Paul supporters are resolute.

Let them talk about the line. Then they would have to actually report on him.

iddo
12-18-2007, 09:25 AM

If this quote gonna generate as much publicity as the "Dean Scream" it'll be so beautiful.
Haha the FOX interviewer tried to get a comment on Huckabee/Christianity and got way more than he bargained for!
Name recognition is the key, and quotes like this can win the race.
If attacked, RP should expand on this quote with the publicity he gets, and stay unapologetic otherwise the MSM will spin it as a negative incident. I'm quite sure that RP will handle the attacks really well.
Go Drudge!

orion846
12-18-2007, 09:26 AM

after i read this i had a hunch so i checked all your posts. sure enough you're pretty much just a bumping bot.

disciple
12-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Telling the truth can never bring harm in the end.

walt
12-18-2007, 09:28 AM
notice how all these low post people are trying to blend in saying this is a negative?

hi trolls.

Ron just hit a grand slam...

pikerz
12-18-2007, 09:28 AM
As a Catholic, I value my religious freedom.

I am extremely wary of putting somebody in office that campaigns on their religion or religiosity.

american.swan
12-18-2007, 09:35 AM
As long as Ron Paul deals with the inevitable questions in the right way, it's no negative.

He needs to find a short answer that can't be followed up on, so he gets more time for other questions.

Such as

"I think one should be cautious of leaning on religion, especially subliminally, when politics is primarily about positions and issues"

I totally AGREE with this. Ron gives a good answer it...it will go away. I also think the Media might want to leave this alone. They don't want Ron on the air explaining why all the ESTABLISHMENT types are FASCIST.

DJ RP
12-18-2007, 09:36 AM
This is GOOD. We want a nice media controversy. Because Paul is unwavering and honest these things not only bounce off him they make him look better in the end. Do we remember Paul vs Gulianni?

Now if the Media want to just blatantly smear him without giving context they can do that, but then again we can never stop them smearing if they want to LIE. Just look at what they did to Dean for making a slightly high pictched 'yeah'...

They basically do what they want, but they have to accept the consequences when an army of Ron Paul supporters call them out on it. We are ready, we are watching and will not accept lies, slander and smear.

The quote Paul gave is an intelligent and apt line and anybody with a brain cell (unlikely if they are weatching fox) will recognise that!

Brennon
12-18-2007, 09:39 AM
I see this being good. Loved it, personally. Way to go Ron.

adwads
12-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Was Ron Paul tired or having some problems? I like what he said, but he seemed messed up or something...

Like there was that funny part where he said he was in des moines and then like a minute into the interview the interviewer cut away quickly.

dshields
12-18-2007, 09:40 AM
As a Catholic, I value my religious freedom.

I am extremely wary of putting somebody in office that campaigns on their religion or religiosity.

Agreed! Also being a Catholic, his Mormon remarks definitely brought back some childhood memories of being accused of certain beliefs that simply were not true. He is obviously of the same "fundamental Christian elk".

This is why Ron Paul's remark about fascism has truth to it.

Dave

evadmurd
12-18-2007, 09:41 AM

Drudge just wants hits on his site. Nothing more. Nothing less. He's a businessman.

traitorist
12-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Catholic League president slams Huckabee for 'subliminal' cross ad (http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Fox_rips_Huckabee_for_using_subliminal_1218.html)

in case you are wondering if Ron is alone in commenting on Huckster's ad.

Cinci4RP
12-18-2007, 09:43 AM
The problem is they attribute the Quote to Ron Paul!

Good Lord does no one read? Sinclair Lewis? It Can't Happen Here (http://reactor-core.org/cant-happen.html)

I for one am glad he said it. I hope that it will help.

Ethek
12-18-2007, 09:49 AM
I believe this was a strategic move on the part of the campaign. Dr. Paul was tired but I bet he had been waiting for a Huck question ever since Hucks ad came out. You'll recall yesterday in the HUGE NEWS thread they recruited the 7 Christian talking points flyer.

This is the best thing that could have happened. It being on Fox news is even better.

ursamajor
12-18-2007, 10:11 AM
that was perfect.

burningfur
12-18-2007, 10:15 AM
He knows that the bee is polling high in Iowa, he wanted to knock him down a notch and he did it quite handily. Awesome.

fuzzybekool
12-18-2007, 10:19 AM
WOW, this is so awesome. Finally, some ol' skool' Paulitics. That's what I'm talking about.

Huckabee is a fake !

Gimpster
12-18-2007, 10:21 AM
I don't think RP was set/matched at all.

It's obvious to me that he's been waiting to drop that gem. Hurt us, help us.. I don't know... but I have a feeling this was a calculated move by Dr. Paul. When else has he ever done anything like this?

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Ron Paul's statement was AWESOME!

This is the EXACT kind of thing he needed to say!

rollingpig
12-18-2007, 10:27 AM
it's gonna be HUGE! We need to be prepared for the evil pastor's attack!!

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Ron Paul can now use this opportunity to talk about illegal wiretapping, perpetual war, fear mongering, massive military spending, the violation of our constitutional rights, etc!

Dary
12-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Though Ron Paul didn’t call Hucky a fascist directly, what would you call him?

The guy is a big believer in a centralized authority, ie. He has no respect for states rights and therefore no respect for the constitution. Its already out there that Hucky is fine with raising any type of tax imaginable. Preemptive war? Not a problem for an aggressive nationalist like the Huckster.

Facisim…ooooww. Scary word, but it is just a word and it describes Huckabee to a tee.

Mike Huckabee is a fascist.

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 10:33 AM
I would boldly tell anyone that all the other Republican candidates are FASCISTS!

1) They all are willing to sacrifice freedom for liberty.

2) They all support the War in Iraq.

3) They all support huge military spending.

4) They all support huge taxation.

DrNoZone
12-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Second link down, check it out!

h ttp://www.drudgereport.com/

Todd
12-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Does anyone thing we should post this at Huckabee's Army forum? He He!!! :D

slantedview
12-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Hahahaha. I am telling, this is good. Don't be so scared guys.

FrankRep
12-18-2007, 10:37 AM
http://www.drudgereport.com/

Just break links to other forum and polls.

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 10:38 AM
It's absolutely fantastic!

Huckabee is a fascist and the entire world needs to know!

Ben Elliott
12-18-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm really beginning to believe Drudge Report really likes Ron Paul.

He's been on the front page for many days now this month.

JDeVriese
...only if you want to experience a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick! LOL:D:D

walt
don't start duplicate threads, it's annoying

Ethek
12-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Does anyone thing we should post this at Huckabee's Army forum? He He!!! :D

They have indirectly, in a thread about Hucks Christian Video. Its in a screen caputer of the front page of Drudge... along with Rons comment.

No one has uttered a thing about it.

mconder
12-18-2007, 10:40 AM

This is truly the most interesting part in all this. Very curious indeed...

Falseflagop
12-18-2007, 10:44 AM
We are here because we love TRUTH. This will rattle the MSM. The thing I know is a ton of coverage will come at the right time.

ppc1040
12-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Drudge is a Paul fan but doesn't think he'll win. Here is the quote:

Drudge calls himself an anti-government libertarian. Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul’s positions are "true to my heart … But I look at him and say, ‘The guy can’t lead.’ ”"

Link (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/014917.html)

nevildev
12-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Drudge is a Paul fan but doesn't think he'll win. That was reported in late summer. Does anyone remember that article?

I vaguely remember something like that. But at the time I thought it was only speculation.

nevildev
12-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Drudge is a Paul fan but doesn't think he'll win. Here is the quote:

Link (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/014917.html)

August 28, 2007
Ron Paul Can't Lead? Matt Drudge Can't Write?
Posted by Daniel McCarthy at August 28, 2007 01:15 AM

The New Yorker's long-on-innuendo, short-on-facts piece on Matt Drudge includes this tidbit:

Drudge calls himself an anti-government libertarian. Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul’s positions are "true to my heart … But I look at him and say, ‘The guy can’t lead.’ ”"

Well, ok, by conventional measures Ron Paul does not seem "presidential." But by the same sort of conventional measures, Matt Drudge doesn't seem like a journalist. Yet Drudge has consistently beaten the establishment media at its own game, albeit by playing with new rules. Ron Paul is doing something similar in his fight with the political establishment. So if Drudge does hold positions like Paul's true to his heart -- and I believe he does -- why shouldn't he support the candidate who leads in a new and better way, Ron Paul?

Very interesting indeed.

InRonWeTrust
12-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Huck = owned.

krott5333
12-18-2007, 10:54 AM

I hope it IS spinned as Ron Paul calling Huckabee a fascist.

I think RP has had some dirtyness up his sleeve for some time, and he's ready to bring it out.

At least I hope so.

Shellshock1918
12-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Cool, Drudge Report has a quote from Ron at the top now.

Its on.

krott5333
12-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Y'all are seriously underrating how very badly this will hurt our cause.

no way. This is great! Theres enough of the ANTI-evangelicals to outweigh the evangelicals.. AND, the religious crowd will think twice about Huckabee's pandering.

Ron Paul Fan
12-18-2007, 10:57 AM
That quote was so AWESOME! Mike Huckabee is a MONSTER and deserves to be shot down by Ron Paul! GO RON PAUL! GO GO GO GO!

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 10:58 AM
This is the BEST thing that has happened in a long time except for the Tea Party!

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 11:00 AM
That quote was so AWESOME! Mike Huckabee is a MONSTER and deserves to be shot down by Ron Paul! GO RON PAUL! GO GO GO GO!

I totally agree!

krott5333
12-18-2007, 11:01 AM
you guys have to realize.. Ron Paul's platform and record is flawless. They have no dirt on him. Any publicity is good publicity.

Tedhunter
12-18-2007, 11:03 AM
This is awesome! The MSM thrives on controversy - the Tea Party was obviously way too positive and one-sided. But this fascism comment - the pundits can speculate and pick that little quote apart to no end.

We need more of this. It's essentially using the system against itself - hijacking the MSM, if you will. The best part is, Ron is speaking the truth!

V4Vendetta
12-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Jack Cafferty: Wolf Blitzer Back to you.......

Wolf Blitzer: Holy SH**, I am reading the prompter and I can't believe what I'm reading!
AMAZING.... AMAZING.... NUMBERS..... RON PAUL!? AMAZING.....

(Wolf faints... Loud sound from body hitting the floor)

Jack Cafferty: Umm we're going to pause now for a word from our sponsors.

MikeStanart
12-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Jack Cafferty: Wolf Blitzer Back to you.......

Wolf Blitzer: Holy SH**, I am reading the prompter and I can't believe what I'm reading!
AMAZING.... AMAZING.... NUMBERS..... RON PAUL!? AMAZING.....

(Wolf faints... Loud sound from body hitting the floor)

Jack Cafferty: Umm we're going to pause now for a word from our sponsors.

haha beautiful.

LFOD
12-18-2007, 11:32 AM
It's going to be a story.

h ttp://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzhhN2EwZmZiNjE5MTQzYTg5MGZjZjI5ODhiOTY5NTY=

MsDoodahs
12-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Saying it AGAIN:

We need a talented person to do a video or at least a photoshopped picture using the Sinclair Lewis quote...

"Wrapped in the flag" = Rudy

"Carrying the cross" = Mike

Purty please some techie person do this?

:)

eta: because the GOP is going to try to do a Rudy/Mike ticket.

Joe3113
12-18-2007, 11:39 AM

Completely agree.....this is really good for us. Ron needs to start getting a little angrier. He is more confident now because he knows he has hundreds of thousands of stalwart supporters who are sold for life on freedom and liberty.

People know Ron always brings up the constitution and people associate the constitution with good so instead of hating Ron they will be inquisitive and mook more into him.

This can ONLY work in our favour. Shaking up the shit a little.

Swmorgan77
12-18-2007, 11:42 AM

Yes, and yet Huckabee IS a fascist by any standard.

Thomas Paine
12-18-2007, 11:59 AM
I listened to the video and I didn't perceive Dr. Paul as calling Huckabee a fascist but only quoted Sinclair Lewis who said, "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross." Now, if Huckabee and/or his supporters are going to get defensive over Sinclair Lewis' quote, then maybe it is their collective conscience that is making them feel uncomfortable and not Dr. Paul's remarks.

Aballistar
12-21-2007, 01:33 PM
We need a talented person to do a video or at least a photoshopped picture using the Sinclair Lewis quote...

"Wrapped in the flag" = Rudy

"Carrying the cross" = Mike

Purty please some techie person do this?

I am far from talented and I couldn't really find good pics, but here is an attempt:

http://home.woh.rr.com/hosting/flag-cross.jpg

BiPolarBear
12-21-2007, 01:41 PM
I am far from talented and I couldn't really find good pics, but here is an attempt:

http://home.woh.rr.com/hosting/flag-cross.jpg

Looks good to me!