PDA

View Full Version : Predictions on the order candidates will OFFICIALLY drop out

Original_Intent
07-06-2007, 08:57 PM
My guesses:

1. Tommy Thompson
2. Duncan Hunter
3. Jim Gilmore
4. Tom Tancredo - and endorses RP
5. Sam Brownback
6. John McCain
7. Mike Huckabee

I believe the primaries will be between

Fred Thompson
Ron Paul
Mitt Romney
Rudy Giuliani

You read it here first!

FSP-Rebel
07-06-2007, 09:01 PM
My guesses:

1. Tommy Thompson
2. Duncan Hunter
3. Jim Gilmore
5. Sam Brownback
6. John McCain
7. Mike Huckabee

Fred Thompson
Ron Paul
Mitt Romney
Rudy Giuliani

You read it here first!
I'm goin with:

1. Gilmore
2. Hunter
3. Tancredo
4. T. Thompson
5. McCain
6. Brownback
7. Huckabee

Then like you said
+
Ron Cleaning house in the primaries

MozoVote
07-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Fred Thompson will not run.

1. Hunter (might not even make it to Ames)
2. Gilmore*
3. Huckabee*
4. Brownback*
5. T. Thompson*
6. Tancredo (will probably hang on to Super Tuesday)
7. McCain (will drop out if under 2nd place in New Hampshire)

* (will drop out if under 3rd place in Iowa straw poll)

Bradley in DC
07-06-2007, 09:09 PM
My guesses:

1. Tommy Thompson
2. Duncan Hunter
3. Jim Gilmore
5. Sam Brownback
6. John McCain
7. Mike Huckabee

Fred Thompson
Ron Paul
Mitt Romney
Rudy Giuliani

You read it here first!

Hmm, I'd have to do some checking on dates:
Tommy Thompson is out after Ames (assuming he doesn't actually win it).
Tancredo will file to run for re-election for Congress, but I'm not sure when the state filing requirements are.
Gilmore may run for the Senate or governor again (similarly, not familiar with state deadlines).
Brownback is out after the Iowa caucus.
Duncan Hunter thinks he's in through NH (not sure why).
McCain is in through South Carolina (not that it would matter by then).
Huckabee is going the distance for Veep (although he'll be under a lot of pressure to run against Pryor for the Senate; again, I'm not sure of state filing deadlines).

quickmike
07-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Fred Thompson will not run.

1. Hunter (might not even make it to Ames)
2. Gilmore*
3. Huckabee*
4. Brownback*
5. T. Thompson*
6. Tancredo (will probably hang on to Super Tuesday)
7. McCain (will drop out if under 2nd place in New Hampshire)

* (will drop out if under 3rd place in Iowa straw poll)

You really think fred thompson wont run? If so, what makes you think that.

Interesting comment definitely.

MozoVote
07-06-2007, 09:48 PM
You really think fred thompson wont run? If so, what makes you think that.
Interesting comment definitely.

I have always gotten the impression that the idea was being sold to him. He does not have a vision or a message why he must be president.

Also, usually the press gives a potential candidate some honeymoon space before they announce. Then they dig up the dirt. The news on Thompson just keeps getting stinkier and he's not even in.

If I'm wrong, he will be out after the Iowa caucuses. I just don't perceive him being serious.

quickmike
07-06-2007, 09:52 PM
I have always gotten the impression that the idea was being sold to him. He does not have a vision or a message why he must be president.

Also, usually the press gives a potential candidate some honeymoon space before they announce. Then they dig up the dirt. The news on Thompson just keeps getting stinkier and he's not even in.

If I'm wrong, he will be out after the Iowa caucuses. I just don't perceive him being serious.

Very true, after all, he was never very serious as a senator. Many have said that he was very lazy when it came to duties.

The blind support of his followers scares me though, even though they dont even know what he stands for.

d991
07-06-2007, 10:01 PM
I thought I read somewhere Gilmore had emergency eye surgery the other day and would be "taking a break" from the campaign for the next few weeks under doctors' orders. (It could be one of the other candidates but I'm pretty sure it was Gilmore)
Anyway I'm not sure how his Q2 numbers ended up, but depending on how long it's going to take him to recover maybe the eye thing will force him to shut down early.

MozoVote
07-06-2007, 10:04 PM
It's a detached retina. My uncle had that and it's very painful.

quickmike
07-06-2007, 10:05 PM
I thought I read somewhere Gilmore had emergency eye surgery the other day and would be "taking a break" from the campaign for the next few weeks under doctors' orders. (It could be one of the other candidates but I'm pretty sure it was Gilmore)
Anyway I'm not sure how his Q2 numbers ended up, but depending on how long it's going to take him to recover maybe the eye thing will force him to shut down early.

Yeah it was Gilmore.

He might as well just get out now. His support is not even measureable really, and he really has nothing to say that stands out. Plus 2 or 3 weeks out of service wont help either.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-06-2007, 10:05 PM

I heard that too about Gilmore.

I don't see Tancredo endorsing RP. Tancredo's the type to want a job in the cabinet, and he's going to start sucking up to Rudy. That is MY prediction.

Roxi
07-06-2007, 10:07 PM
which one has cancer again i forget?

quickmike
07-06-2007, 10:08 PM
I was just thinking.........

Most of the people that support the "second tier" candidates are they types of people who dont just support someone because they are "popular" or have lots of money..... you know......... people that arent sheep. As they drop out, its a good opportunity for RP to get alot of support from those people.

walt
07-06-2007, 10:10 PM
This is not the type of thread first time visitors should be seeing Sunday...

allyinoh
07-06-2007, 10:18 PM
which one has cancer again i forget?

Fred Thompson...

Joe Knows
07-07-2007, 12:10 AM
My guesses:

1. Tommy Thompson
2. Duncan Hunter
3. Jim Gilmore
5. Sam Brownback
6. John McCain
7. Mike Huckabee

Fred Thompson
Ron Paul
Mitt Romney
Rudy Giuliani

You read it here first!

I think you are right, but the order will be dependent upon money. Even though a good portion of these candidates know they will not win, its a money thing. Any money they do not spend can be rolled over into another election account and will give them a head start on their next election.

scbissler
07-07-2007, 12:34 AM
1. Gilmore
2. Tancredo
3. McCain
4. T.Thompson
5. Hunter
6. Brownback
7. Huckabee

jmo.

Cunningham
07-07-2007, 01:06 AM
I hope they all stay in the race and divide up the neocon vote. As more republican congressmen turn against bush on the war, the rest of the guys can fight it out for a dwindling share of those votes.

kylebrotherton
07-07-2007, 02:38 AM
1. F. Thompson (not gonna run)
2. Gilmore (personal reasons)
3. Brownback
4. Huckabee
5. T Thompson
6. McCain

Primaries between:
Romney (2nd)
Paul (Wins)
Tancredo (5th)
Giuliani (3rd)
Hunter (4th)

buffalokid777
07-07-2007, 02:44 AM
Fred Thompson.

You got that right..he won't run until 2012

Bradley in DC
07-07-2007, 03:10 AM

It's either Fred or Newt.

Original_Intent
08-13-2007, 08:02 PM
My guesses:

1. Tommy Thompson
2. Duncan Hunter
3. Jim Gilmore
5. Sam Brownback
6. John McCain
7. Mike Huckabee

Fred Thompson
Ron Paul
Mitt Romney
Rudy Giuliani

You read it here first!

After Ames I would say my guesses are looking pretty good.

I had Gilmore 3rd, who could have guessed the eye surgery would end the campaign.
Then T Thompson yesterday.
Duncan has got to be considering withdrawing at this point.
Tancredo, Brownback and Huckabee all did well enough that they will be around for a while.
McCain doesn't know that he is finished yet. All things considered he will probably jump up a couple spots. Last couple of times I have seen him on TV he looks like hell.
We KNOW our man is in this for the long haul.
I am starting to agree with others that FT will not announce.