PDA

View Full Version : I hope all the crap the MSM is pulling right now makes you good and angry!

burningfur
12-18-2007, 06:42 AM
They don't know what to do with him, he can't stereotyped into a label nor can he fit into a ten second soundbite. In this day and age of "news" which consists of "experts" speaking an opinion and expecting presidential candidates to have one word answers really is making me sick.

I hope the crap they just pulled makes you good and angry.

1. Saying that Huckabee is a genius with the Christmas ad when Paul did one a week or two before him and he didn't get boo.

2. Asking him to give a one word answer on three different issues.

3. Mocking him in general.

Let's get real angry and do something about all this crap!!!!

Call them out with letters!

Donate!

Campaign in general!!!

IT IS TIME TO FIGHT BACK!!!!!

Whatever you can do, whether it be bump good threads, create websites, make graphics, give money, whatever it is do it!!!

brumans
12-18-2007, 06:46 AM
There definitely wasn't a media blackout on the Tea Party... every major newspaper and cable TV network played it in intervals throughout the day

burningfur
12-18-2007, 06:49 AM
There definitely wasn't a media blackout on the Tea Party... every major newspaper and cable TV network played it in intervals throughout the day

my mistake.

EvilEngineer
12-18-2007, 06:50 AM
If the media decides to black us out... then it's time to start blacking them out.

http://files.meetup.com/531855/blackout.jpg

idiotwind
12-18-2007, 06:54 AM
"It's a conspiracy to keep Ron Paul down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Where do you people come up with this?

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 06:55 AM
We have to stop counting on the MSM to give us coverage and then spending our time cussing them out afterwards. They are NOT going to give us squat, unless we do well in the early primaries. So, IMO, our focus needs to be on that. Ultimately, people are not going to vote for him unless they know the truth on his stances. They are not going to know that, unless WE get the word out to them. If we're going to spend our time on anything, it should be that.

burningfur
12-18-2007, 06:57 AM
"It's a conspiracy to keep Ron Paul down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Where do you people come up with this?

Paul has won the vast majority of straw polls, is the top GOP fundraiser, and his supporters show up at every minor/major rally.

Yet, the media talks about Huckabee.

No fundraising. Hasn't won many straw polls. Few supporters.

Hmmm....

It's not conspiracy.

It's common sense.

u2canbfmj
12-18-2007, 07:03 AM
We dont need the media really. We all support Ron and it wasn't from watching the boob tube. Our problem is the weak minded in the country, who rely on this ganda for forming opinions.

idiotwind
12-18-2007, 07:05 AM
Until Dr. Paul polls higher they aren't going to cover him. From their perspective it's common sense. Hopefully we'll prove them wrong but to argue there is some huge conspiracy against Ron Paul is laughable.

pikerz
12-18-2007, 07:07 AM
We dont need the media.

We have great enough numbers to make the media obsolete.

Its a matter of boots on the ground, and getting RP's message out. Its a matter of using our own social networks to spread the word.

If we do this, we make the media even more obsolete than it already is.

Todd
12-18-2007, 07:11 AM
Paul has won the vast majority of straw polls, is the top GOP fundraiser, and his supporters show up at every minor/major rally.

Yet, the media talks about Huckabee.

No fundraising. Hasn't won many straw polls. Few supporters.

Hmmm....

It's not conspiracy.

It's common sense.

+1 Huck hasn't raised anywhere near the money that the other main stream candidates have...so what with all the attention he gets?

Todd
12-18-2007, 07:14 AM

A conspiracy? Watching stories about Jessica Simpson with her new boyfriends, while Movers and shakers try to make real changes is not a conspiracy. It's force fed down your throat by the media.

burningfur
12-18-2007, 07:18 AM
Until Dr. Paul polls higher they aren't going to cover him. From their perspective it's common sense. Hopefully we'll prove them wrong but to argue there is some huge conspiracy against Ron Paul is laughable.

I agree that this is partially due to the incredibly unscientific polling they do, however...

What about all the independent questions?

What about the lunatic/fringe/kook questions during the debate?

(and these are specifically related to polling, but his positions)

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I look at this and it is obvious that despite having all of the important things covered for a real movement, people, money, dedication, straw polls, etc. They still treat him below Huckabee because of one flawed polling system.

Do you know what's gonna happen when Paul wins NH? One or the other.

1. The Media will embrace him

2. The Media will call it a fluke

My money is on number 2.

Mark
12-18-2007, 08:34 AM
We dont need the media.

We have great enough numbers to make the media obsolete.

Its a matter of boots on the ground, and getting RP's message out. Its a matter of using our own social networks to spread the word.

If we do this, we make the media even more obsolete than it already is.

All, please join us in the effort to create a new media network. We can do this!

I had to sleep a bit, but I'll begin working on consolidating pertinent info from the other threads now.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=650584#post650584