PDA

View Full Version : How I convinced five people to take a look at Ron Paul today

ecliptic
07-06-2007, 08:40 PM
but seriously, folks . . .

I just gave $100, then used that fact to convince several people to look at Ron Paul in the course of the last few hours alone. Here's how I did it:

"I just gave $100 to a presidential candidate... you know... that's the first time I've done that in my life." { I'm 41 }

{ now at this point they are physically unable to resist asking you... }

"WHO did you give $100 to?"

{ a nice pause for effect is good here - not to over-dramatize but rather to make it seem like not too big a deal }

"Ron Paul"

"He came out of nowhere as a long-shot candidate and now has more campaign cash-on-hand than John McCain.

He raised less than McCain but has more cash on hand because he's frugal! He's like a nice grandpa - actually he IS a nice grandpa - I think he has 18 grandchildren."

"Now THAT'S who would make a good president!"

"Wow - he does sound like a good choice for president"

Stop there. You sold them at frugal. And let the little seed grow all by itself. Your work is done here and off you go without obsessing or excessive info. Just a little seed will do "ya! There you go.

DjLoTi
07-06-2007, 08:48 PM
I lol'ed @ frugal.

"You sold me at frugal" :)

angrydragon
07-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Cool, I like it.

I think it's a first time for a lot of us, giving donations to a campaign, or at least a presidential one.

I know it's the first time for me to give to any kind of campaign.

I gave a little to the LP years ago. I stopped after the fact that third parties will never win the presidency.

I wasn't even going to vote either until I heard Ron would be running.

foofighter20x
07-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Ron Paul had me at "hello." :p

RonPaulCult
07-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Ron Paul had me at "hello." :p

I'm in love with a 71 year old man.

I'm sitting at home on Friday night alone obsessing about him. Watching videos of him.

ecliptic
07-06-2007, 09:41 PM

I'm sitting at home on Friday night alone obsessing about him. Watching videos of him.

ok that's creepy... and funny!

Roxi
07-06-2007, 10:54 PM

great im a 27 y.o AND my child is out of town and it just dawned on me that i too was doing the same :) thanks a lot for reminding me

sandersondavis
07-07-2007, 02:23 AM
Great! You did good, you didn't commit the sin of overselling.
You also used great imagery, words that compelled the other person to create an ideal picture in his/hers own mind. In campaigning, less is always more.

sunny
07-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Great! You did good, you didn't commit the sin of overselling.
You also used great imagery, words that compelled the other person to create an ideal picture in his/hers own mind. In campaigning, less is always more.

good going ecliptic! you put your money where your mouth is and then passed that on + info about dr. paul that was short and sweet!

the words "frugal" and "government" together don't even register together with most people - what a concept!

ps i can totally relate to the other posts - i am indeed in love with a 71 year old man! hang on tight carol! lol

Kuldebar
07-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Good story, ecliptic and it does help maximize effect after donating money.

WannaBfree
07-07-2007, 09:51 AM

Man, talk about putting a negative slant on something...
You don't have to feel bad about following RP. He's great. He's smart. The people out partying on Friday night have no clue to what's going on in this country.

WannaBfree
07-07-2007, 09:52 AM
That's a great idea to spread the word on the day you donate.

cowbot
07-08-2007, 02:10 PM
WE INTERRUPT THIS THREAD FOR AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE

We need 1,000-10,000 RP supporters with cheap/free long distance to help place calls to Iowa republicans right away!

The Iowa Straw Polls are Aug 11, and only 6% of Iowans surveyed have heard of Dr. Paul!

We *have* to get the word out to those who aren't on-line!

Please See this link and email them for your calling kit.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=57300