PDA

View Full Version : Rum-paul?

Slist
12-18-2007, 03:57 AM
Hi..Are there no bar mixers out there?
How about creating a drink called rum-paul... this could be something that could be used on many levels... from asking random bartenders "make me a rum-paul" to buying a "rum-paul" for our friends... :-)

Think about this.. it is cheap and could become as one of the many symbols of the revolution.

wolv275
12-18-2007, 03:58 AM
great idea...

saahmed
12-18-2007, 04:04 AM
haha. wow, I love the variety of ideas these forums come up with. I think it's a good idea.

patriotcalendar
12-18-2007, 04:12 AM
Hmm.. a Rum-Paul...

rum --

with a conservative splash of coke (legalized, LOL)

and definitely a lime wedge

(Why the hell shouldn't Cuba be Libre, right?!)

pikerz
12-18-2007, 04:13 AM
Fantastic idea.

Come up with the recipe, and we can all order it anytime we get a drink. It'll be a phenomenon.

BuddyRey
12-18-2007, 04:14 AM
Hi..Are there no bar mixers out there?
How about creating a drink called rum-paul... this could be something that could be used on many levels... from asking random bartenders "make me a rum-paul" to buying a "rum-paul" for our friends... :-)

Think about this.. it is cheap and could become as one of the many symbols of the revolution.

Malibu & Fresca. BAM!!! Rum Paul!

Bloody Holly
12-18-2007, 04:16 AM
We should all be pirates

Paulitical Correctness
12-18-2007, 04:17 AM
Red (Cranberry Juice)

White (Vodka?)

Blue (Help me out here..I don't drink)

+ Rum?

Bartenders..get to brainstormin' :)

pikerz
12-18-2007, 04:18 AM
we could get a bunch of original recipes together and vote on a final to determine the best one.

patriotcalendar
12-18-2007, 04:19 AM
I can feel the SPIN coming already...

"Ron Paul -- inspiring a nation to drink it's cares away."

Regarius
12-18-2007, 04:20 AM
Hahah... this actually seems like as wonderful an idea as it did at first glance. Do it.

Something simple and good that'd be easy to order might actually have a chance of getting decently known... it'd be pretty amusing if it took off.

Paulitical Correctness
12-18-2007, 04:22 AM
I can feel the SPIN coming already...

"Ron Paul -- inspiring a nation to drink it's cares away."

Well, we're already terroristic conspiracy theorists that advocate promiscuity.

Why not add drunkards to our repertoire? :)

BuddyRey
12-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Malibu & Fresca. BAM!!! Rum Paul!

Ooh, wait! I have another one! Malibu Rum & CHERRY Coke. It's usually called a "coppertone", because it smells vaguely like suntan lotion, but the drink is enchantingly delicious; very distinct, with an unforgettable impact... just like Ron Paul!

patriotcalendar
12-18-2007, 04:25 AM

Haha, good point.

pikerz
12-18-2007, 04:31 AM
they might as well just call us "commonfolk".

JDeVriese
12-18-2007, 04:33 AM
Ooh, wait! I have another one! Malibu Rum & CHERRY Coke. It's usually called a "coppertone", because it smells vaguely like suntan lotion, but the drink is enchantingly delicious; very distinct, with an unforgettable impact... just like Ron Paul!

You need the BAM!!! in it and then ya got a winner.:D

bull
12-18-2007, 04:44 AM
what about if you lit it on fire.. like this revolution starting to blaze

Regarius
12-18-2007, 04:48 AM
what about if you lit it on fire.. like this revolution starting to blaze

Hey now.. we want a drink that'll taste good.. not one that'll ultimately reduce the number of supporters. :p

Corydoras
12-18-2007, 04:53 AM
Red (Cranberry Juice)

White (Vodka?)

+ Rum?

Blue Curacao: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curaçao_liqueur

I can't imagine that cranberry juice and blue curacao would look good mixed together, but, w/e!

JDeVriese
12-18-2007, 05:09 AM
You could always order up Rum-pauls for the Rudy McRomneyflopabee supporters until they finally give in! :D:D

Aballistar
12-18-2007, 05:18 AM
For some reason I am imagining this to be a warm drink. Maybe mulled apple cider (very old-time American), with rum and nutmeg or something? Float some 151 and light?

Slist
12-18-2007, 05:38 AM
Requisites:

-Ingredients every bar has (nothing fancy)
-A taste like ron paul's character: gentle and humble :)

I find the idea of a warm drink interesting.. but then.. wouldn't it get something only for winter?

10thAmendmentMan
12-18-2007, 06:46 AM
Whatever you do, don't tell Tancredo about it. "Ron" is rum in Spanish.

Slist
12-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Whatever you do, don't tell Tancredo about it. "Ron" is rum in Spanish.

Hehe, unintended consequences.. blowback? :p

Slist
12-21-2007, 06:58 AM
I could ask a friend who is relatively good in mixing but not very creative. I would rather prefer to have someone on this forum to create something.. as simple as this might be...

TheEvilDetector
12-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Here is an idea I came up with:

Rum

Umbrella

Mint

Pineapple Juice

Apricot Brandy

USA Flag

Lime Juice

There are other Rum based cocktails with similar ingredients, so it should taste alright
since essentially this type of combination has been tried and tested.

It's up to the experienced bartenders to work out the proportions I think.

Umbrella for the tropical touch and a mini USA flag on a little stick adds a message that this is a drink of freedom.

TheEvilDetector
12-21-2007, 08:09 AM
bump

torchbearer
12-21-2007, 08:31 AM
Red (Cranberry Juice)

White (Vodka?)

+ Rum?

Blue=hypnotic.

Thomas Paine
12-21-2007, 08:32 AM
I like the idea!

John P Slevin
12-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Everyone walks into a bar on the same day and orders a Rum Paul.

The person who thought up Rum Paul probably should be working for some guerilla marketing company.

Anyway, anyone up for a Drink Bomb?

tyler477
12-21-2007, 08:51 AM
i think it should have some goldschlager in it, you know that stuff with the actual gold bits in it???? for obvious reasons....

PimpBlimp
12-21-2007, 08:51 AM
We need to get a brewery to sponsor a Ron Paul beer.

gb13
12-21-2007, 09:05 AM
For some reason I am imagining this to be a warm drink. Maybe mulled apple cider (very old-time American), with rum and nutmeg or something? Float some 151 and light?

That actually sounds damn good.

I don't know of too many bars that have mulled apple cider, though :D

Mithridates
12-21-2007, 09:06 AM
That's a great way to be able to buy people a round of drinks at a bar. I remember a thread here a few weeks ago suggesting that people buy a round of beers for people at a bar along with a very short speech on why they should look into Ron Paul.

Any bartenders that want to support him could also make a Rum Paul the cheapest drink in the house, perhaps selling it at a 'tax removed' price (just enough to make a profit).

I like the red white and blue idea personally.

John P Slevin
12-21-2007, 09:12 AM
On February 20, 1933, the Repeal of Prohibition was introduced in Congress.

On February 20, 2008, everyone should walk into a bar and order a Rum Paul.

The fact of 20,000 or so Paul people ordering the same new drink on the same day is staggering to the imagination.

It costs very little, the price of a drink.

Everyone gets to instruct the bartender on how to make it, and WHY.

This is the Booze Bomb.

All we need is a good recipe.

Someone already has suggested a Red, White and Blue drink, and someone else has suggested using Goldschlager, a cinnamon flavored liqueur which has bits of gold flake in it.

Who knows a Blue liqueur? Red, White, Blue with gold in it...

Booze Bomb!

Cocktail napkins with a picture of Ron Paul and the recipe for a Rum Paul can cheaply and easily be printed and distributed. On the reverse side, could be a copy of the Bill of Rights, or maybe all amendments, with the 21st (Repeal Prohibition) Amendment highlighted.

There is power in numbers, if everyone orders a Rum Paul on the same day, people start talking.

John P Slevin
12-21-2007, 09:26 AM
From Wikipedia:

Goldschläger is a Swiss cinnamon schnapps (45% alcohol by volume, originally it was 53.5% alcohol or 107 proof), a clear liqueur with very thin, yet visible flakes of gold floating in it. The actual amount of gold is extremely small and serves as a sort of novelty: there is currently less than a tenth of a gram (0.1 g) of gold flakes in a 750 ml bottle of Goldschläger, which, as of December 12, 2007, amounts to about 2.61 USD on the international gold market.[1]

Despite having Swiss origins, Goldschläger is a product of Italy. A similar alcoholic beverage that contains gold is Gold Strike and another liqueur with floating bits of gold leaf is Danziger Goldwasser, a German root and herbal liqueur which has been produced since at least 1598. The German word Goldschläger actually means "gold leaf maker".

A few years after its introduction, Goldschläger was reformulated to contain less gold due to some alleged accounts of individuals suffering allergic reactions. [1] The human body is not able to digest precious metals.

In North America, Goldschlager is frequently mixed in equal proportions with Jägermeister, 151 proof rum (75.5%), and occasionally peppermint schnapps to make a cocktail called Liquid Cocaine, Golden Elk or JägerSchläger.[citation needed]

Conza88
12-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Thought of this ages ago. Haven't done it though, so no credit due.

Constitution Cocktail...
Liberty Lemonade...
Bill of Rights body shots..... ;) ahah.

I cld continue.. etc. A red, white, & blue shot or drink, was sdiscussed too :D

John P Slevin
12-21-2007, 09:38 AM
This seems to be a good source for how to get a recipe: http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc240.html

We need a Booze Bomb. The guerilla marketing possibility is entertaining as hell. There are thousands of us, hundreds per state...easily we become a marketing phenomenon on one day, and if we make that day February 20, the anniversary of the introduction of the Repeal Prohibition Act, it could work.

Pauliana
12-21-2007, 09:40 AM
St Pauli Girl beer
Shot of bacardi
Rum Paul
Sounds disgusting tho

John P Slevin
12-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Yeah, that Paulie Girl drink does sound nasty.

At this link (http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc240.html) there is a drink called 4th of July which might be enhanced to create the desired Rum Paul. There are many rum-based drinks at this link, and there is a blue liqueur called Curacao which seems to be common to many special concoctions.

ChooseLiberty
12-21-2007, 09:59 AM
It should definitely exclude tea. :D

How about an Americano Libre?

rollingpig
12-21-2007, 10:08 AM
hahaha , that's awesome

torchbearer
12-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Rum Paul Please...

there is potential for a new product. Even if it was just a rum and coke cooler.

fuzzybekool
12-21-2007, 10:23 AM
As a weekly attender of my neighborhood pub, I am ready to begin doing Rum-Pauls or RonPaul shots lol.

We need ideas. Any bartenders out there?
RonPaul shot has to have redbull in it.

ChrisV
12-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Red (Cranberry Juice)

White (Vodka?)

+ Rum?

Rum + Vodka = not taste very good

ChrisV
12-21-2007, 10:30 AM
As a weekly attender of my neighborhood pub, I am ready to begin doing Rum-Pauls or RonPaul shots lol.

We need ideas. Any bartenders out there?
RonPaul shot has to have redbull in it.

This Ron Paul shot is a good idea.
If we could find three liquors red white and blue, that allow them to be layered this would be cool. It would like like a flag in a shot glass!

exformation
12-21-2007, 10:31 AM
If someone knows how to brew rum...

John P Slevin
12-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Look over these recipes (http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc240.html)and explore the site...there seem to be many rum, vodka and liqueur combinations...

Let's not forget the dash of goldslager (sp?). It can be done, all it takes is the will to do it.

This is how major corporations do marketing (sometimes). It is called guerilla marketing. The Ron Paul Revolution is precisely situated to do this kind of thing.

Everyone walks into a bar on the same day, and orders a drink (hopefully a delicious concoction) and we all get our guy's name into the mainstream.

ChrisV
12-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Maybe we could get one of the Rum companies on board with this and release a special bottle of "Rum Paul". lol

ChrisV
12-21-2007, 10:39 AM
This actually sounds like it would taste pretty good.

The Ron Paul
Red, White & Blue Shot

1/2 oz. Framboise
1/2 oz. Half-Half
1/2 oz. Blue Curacao

Build in a pony tall shot glass. Beginning with the Framboise, layer each successive ingredient on top using the back of a spoon

philipsantamaria
12-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Ron is the Spanish word for Rum.

nice.

John P Slevin
12-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Thank you philipsantamaria,

I had to look it up, but you are correct.

The possibilities here are endless!

JAlli41
12-21-2007, 10:57 AM
how about a Ron Paul Russian, 1 part Absolute vodka, 1 part kalua, 1 part unpasteurized milk

or some Ron Paulsinthe, heres to hoping he makes that stuff legal in the country

BrettCates
12-21-2007, 11:08 AM
REPLACE THE FLAMING DR PEPPER
with

DR RUM PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OR drop flaming 151 into a bottle of Sam Adams....... CHEAP AND PATRIOTIC.

Ron Paul is like an exceptional micro brew, he's the exception to the rulers.......

John P Slevin
12-21-2007, 11:09 AM
ChrisV is on the right track I think.

Any drinkers out there, we need some input.

Santana28
12-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Absinthe! Throw some Absinthe in there :) Nothing says "freedom" like a prohibited-for-95-years-for-no-good-reason and recently legalized alcohol!

Santana28
12-21-2007, 11:31 AM
This actually sounds like it would taste pretty good.

The Ron Paul
Red, White & Blue Shot

1/2 oz. Framboise
1/2 oz. Half-Half
1/2 oz. Blue Curacao

Build in a pony tall shot glass. Beginning with the Framboise, layer each successive ingredient on top using the back of a spoon

mmmmmmm.....Lindeman's Framboise is my absolute FAVE. This sounds damn good.

John P Slevin
12-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Is it common to mix beer with one or more liqueur? Innocent question here.

chipvogel
12-21-2007, 01:22 PM
rename existing drinks for the other candidates

Thompson - Zombie
Rudy - 911
Huckabee - Dew Screw
McCain - Fuzzy Navel

cicatrice
12-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Oh, this is a great idea. Although I couldn't really suggest what ingredients to use since I'm not too familiar with all the alchy-goodies out there. I usually just stick to g&t.

davidkachel
12-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Don't forget a shot of liberty and a jigger of constitution.

Aballistar
12-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Is it common to mix beer with one or more liqueur? Innocent question here.

Yes. See Irish Car Bombs (my favorite) and Flaming Dr. Peppers.

haaaylee
12-21-2007, 01:53 PM
this is an awesome layered red white and blue drink:

Layer 1 shot of grenadine
1 shot of peach schnapps
1 shot of blue curacao

It helps if you pour each shot over the back of a spoon to keep the colors from blending.

and this one gets the gold in there:

Layer 1 oz of Aftershock
1 oz of Goldschlager
1 oz of peppermint schnapps

OR::

Pour rum, pina colada mix and ice into blender, then blend. Pour grenadine into a 16-ounce hurricane glass. Add the blended pina colada mix on top. Then pour the curacao over top. Garnish with cherry.

YUM

partypooper
12-21-2007, 01:56 PM
great idea. i have never had a drink in my life but i would consider rum paul :D

torchbearer
12-21-2007, 03:11 PM
^^^

Anti Federalist
12-21-2007, 03:16 PM

Drunken surrender monkeys. ROFL

Ketel One - grapefruit juice - EverClear and a splash of cranberry juice, that'll light you up.

But how in the world could you have a Ron Paul drink without GOLDSchlager???

Sarge
12-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Does this one fit the bill? Would need to re name it Rum Paul

Bailey's Comet

2 ounces Bailey's Irish cream

ounce Goldschlager

2 ounces butterscotch schnapps

1 dash cinnamon

1 tablespoon 151 Bacardi Rum

Shake the Bailey's, Goldschlager and schnapps, then strain into a cocktail glass. Add the 151 and light. Sprinkle cinnamon on top, extinguish and drink.

Santana28
12-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Does this one fit the bill? Would need to re name it Rum Paul

Bailey's Comet

2 ounces Bailey's Irish cream

ounce Goldschlager

2 ounces butterscotch schnapps

1 dash cinnamon

1 tablespoon 151 Bacardi Rum

Shake the Bailey's, Goldschlager and schnapps, then strain into a cocktail glass. Add the 151 and light. Sprinkle cinnamon on top, extinguish and drink.

thats kind of similar to a Buttery nipple if i'm not mistaken... mmmmmm. buttery nipples.

torchbearer
12-21-2007, 03:29 PM
how in the world could you have a Ron Paul drink without GOLDSchlager???

+1

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2265/2126157274_0902689cf9_o.jpg

Mandrik
12-21-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm a big fan of jager bombs, but I usually make them a big stronger. I do half a can of red bull, a shot of jager, and a shot of raspberry vodka. I never named it, but after doing a bunch on the 5th of Nov, I dubbed it the money bomb. Do a couple of these, and enjoy your night! :D

VIDEODROME
12-21-2007, 03:37 PM
That funny I often think there should be a Ron Paul beer like there is a Sam Adam's beer.

Mckarnin
12-21-2007, 03:41 PM
godiva chocolate liquor, peppermint schnapps and cream....

fluoridatedbrainsoup
12-21-2007, 04:14 PM
One of the finest ideas yet -- creative splash on my brain palette. I imagine eggnog, rum and nutmeg. But there's no color scheme to that, that is just the taste of a Rum Paul in my mind.

Regarius
12-21-2007, 04:22 PM
I was hoping this topic would come back.

jenninlouisiana
12-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Did anyone mention bringing "Rum Pauls" to a christmas party instead of rum balls? :)

Paulitical Correctness
12-31-2007, 07:27 PM
Rum Paul. <3

Slist
01-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Bump for something forgot for some years. Maybe there is a creative bartender around this time :-)