PDA

View Full Version : Ok!! We have a lot of work to do!!

DjLoTi
07-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Let this message sink to the bottom.. let this be a reminder that we still have a lot of work to do!!! Just because we raised 2.4 mil, doesn't mean we can stop donating !! it's not like 2.4 mil will last forever with expensive advertisement!

In fact, we should all be upset about the numbers and it should motivate us MORE to donate!!

I'm going to my meetup tomorrow :)

Cheers everyone

llamabread
07-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Remember, 2.4 million only buys you two super bowl ads. We can do better than that.

EDIT: I just checked, last year the average Super Bowl commercial was 2.4 million, so we've only got one!

DjLoTi
07-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Wouldn't it be great to have the most all American presidential candidate to have a commercial on the most all American sports event? :)

Jimmy
07-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Wouldn't it be great to have the most all American presidential candidate to have a commercial on the most all American sports event? :)

Would be great. The man would sell himself if he could only get the message out.....its up to us the people, Ron Paul is doing his part.

llamabread

I just looked, and it said average viewership was 88-130 million. Do you realize what an effect that could have? :eek:

DjLoTi
I Love America
(and it won't let me write in all caps! :P )

88-130 Million is 30%-45% of the country...
We can do this. It's up to the American people to propel the true representative of said American people into the forefront, the limelight.

Like I said... we still have much work to do!!!! :D :D :D

llamabread
07-06-2007, 08:12 PM
The Super bowl is February 3, two days before Super Tuesday. Only Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, Wyoming, Florida, South Carolina, and Maine have theirs before that.

BLS
07-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Remember, 2.4 million only buys you two super bowl ads. We can do better than that.

EDIT: I just checked, last year the average Super Bowl commercial was 2.4 million, so we've only got one!

Not since about 2000...I think it's 3 mill a 30 second clip.

FSP-Rebel
07-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Let this message sink to the bottom.. let this be a reminder that we still have a lot of work to do!!! Just because we raised 2.4 mil, doesn't mean we can stop donating !! it's not like 2.4 mil will last forever with expensive advertisement!

In fact, we should all be upset about the numbers and it should motivate us MORE to donate!!

I'm going to my meetup tomorrow :)

Cheers everyone
Let's keep in mind that we have 2.4 mill with 2-4%(on average) of the polls. By the end of the 3rd quarter, we'll have tripled to 10% and have close to ten mill in the chest. You see where I'm going with this--the 4th quarter we'll have similarly tripled(or more) and be 25-30% with God knows how much bred. And starting the new year, our momentum (an entire bastion of countless millions of Patriots) will push us thru the primaries and roll over Hillary in the general election.:D I'm looking for Ron Paul to sweep the entire US and take no prisoners. If just half of what I'm projecting comes true, we'll still have our rEVOLution in an undeniable way. Everyone keep up the good work and I don't see how my plan could fail. To hell with the Ministry of Truth!:cool:

Nathan Hale
07-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Good thread.

$2.4 million reminds us that Dr. Paul is officially in the game. Now it's time for him to win the game. In the Third Quarter of the year Ron Paul has two major goals:

1. Winning Ames.
2. Raising twice as much as he did in Q2.

If he can win, or at least place among the first tier at Ames, and raise $5 million in Q3, he will officially be above the level where the mainstream media could possibly ignore him.

So let's get to work. Gotta mobilize IA supporters and start raising money!

FSP-Rebel
07-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Full Steam Ahead

Badger Paul
07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Actually I think he's raised $2.9 mil, he's only spent $500,000.

And you know why? Because he doesn't have to spend a lot on advertising or on polling or staffers unlike the other campaigns because he has us, we've doen a lot of that work for him, more than any other campaign.

But, hopefully he start spending some of that cash, like cheap radio ads in Iowa before the straw poll. Don't be like a lot of LP camapaigns that raise money only to sit on it. That's not why we are contributing. You got to spend to win.

Just spend wisely.

Nathan Hale
07-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Good point Badger. I've always said that $1 in the hands of a grassroots or independent candidate is worth the same as $10 in the hands of a big money celebrity candidate. The big campaigns don't spend efficiently. $1,000 on makeup and hair cuts, $10,000 to transport 30 staffers to rallies. Big campaigns waste money. That's the best part of Paul - his $2.5 million will go as far as Rudy's $25 million.

Still, now is when the hard part starts. Paul has shown that he can generate grassroots support. Now it's time to expand that support, win Ames, and raise twice as much for Q3.