PDA

View Full Version : CNN.com ignoring Ron Paul's numbers.

jd603
07-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Again, two new articles. One "Where does mccain go from here?" and "Giuliani atop GOP fundraising pile" , neither even so much as MENTION Ron Paul.

CNN still has their scumbag spin wagon going.

:mad:

Nathan Hale
07-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Again, two new articles. One "Where does mccain go from here?" and "Giuliani atop GOP fundraising pile" , neither even so much as MENTION Ron Paul.

Only one way to counter that - mention it to CNN...a lot.

Kuldebar
07-06-2007, 08:37 PM
/mushroomslap CNN

Ya, it's fairly blatant as in the pink elephant in the living room kind of way.

Oddball
07-06-2007, 08:41 PM

Gotta knock it off with them negative waves of victimhood.

CNN already had a banner of "Paul beats McCain" (or something like that), during their discussion of the funding report on their silly politics program today.

If you wan an "All Paul All Day" channel, go buy it. In the meantime, don't be a sniveler aboot every perceived slight.

Nathan Hale
07-08-2007, 08:58 AM
If you wan an "All Paul All Day" channel, go buy it. In the meantime, don't be a sniveler aboot every perceived slight.

I'm not known to be a rabid supporter of "All Paul All Day" logic, so I consider myself a good person to contest what you say above. This isn't just a "perceived slight". CNN has a journalistic responsibility to accuracy. Put the story in another candidate's shoes. How would the mainstream media have covered this if it was Huckabee suddenly ahead of McCain, or if it was Richardson or Biden beating Edwards? You can bet it would be an hour long discussion on Hardball, or whatever CNN show is most like Hardball. There would be a wave of nationwide media about the "candidate rising into the top tier", regardless of what the polls say. CNN and it's ilk are designed to create buzz and milk as much as they can from it.

The best thing for Paul fans to do is take CNN's snub at face value and wait for them to show their hypocrisy in the event that something similar happens to a more media-friendly candidate. At that point, of course, it's open season.

walt
07-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Don't waste your time.

Do what you can control.

Influence real voters yourself.

beermotor
07-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Don't waste your time.

Do what you can control.

Wise words!

I've converted my family and am working on my in-laws and friends. You gotta just keep spreading the message.

It sells itself.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Don't waste your time.

Do what you can control.

The Serenity Prayer

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

This is good advice, even if you don't believe in God.

quickmike
07-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Don't waste your time.

Do what you can control.

EXACTLY !!!!!

All the time people waste on here crying in their beer about how MSM is blowing off RP could be spent talking to people and spreading the message. Im seriously starting to wonder if many of you even have what it takes to get out there and help effect change and grassroots effort.:mad:

quickmike
07-08-2007, 10:06 AM
We all need to start acting like this is the last month of campaigning, and we also need to act like the mainstream media will never give him the time he deserves, and take action on our own. Dont be a wuss, get out there and talk to your neighbors, hand them a flyer, knock on some doors.

1k9
07-08-2007, 10:12 AM
I don't know if it's the rebel in me that I feel I have to make the distinction here, but there seems to be a trend that I was falling into. By the looks of it, I may not be the only one.

Ron Paul is still in 4th place in money received through donations, in fact he brought in less than one-third of what McCain did. McCain showed his true colors by spending nearly every dollar he's recieved, but he is still part of the "top-tier." For CNN to not mention Paul doesn't necessarily mean that he is being ignored purposfully but it could mean that they still don't see him as a realistic candidate.

I still look at it as we are still the underdogs and can't expect to be treated differently until we prove that Dr. Paul is going to win the nomination. If you decided to send a protest letter to CNN then I humbly suggest that you do it as a spoksman for all the Republican candidates that were ignored, not just Dr. Paul.

DjLoTi
07-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Today's television news is simply bad broadcasting.

MozoVote
07-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Money, message, and persona must merge to be successful. How many millions did Forbes spend.... twice... on his flat tax message and presidential campaign? It did not resonate, because people thought he was self-serving and weathly enough that the tax code did not matter.

I am not excessively concerned with how much money the other candidates have. Ron has the message, he has good fund raising, and he exemplifies integrity.