PDA

View Full Version : Bury this story!

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-06-2007, 07:19 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/White_nationalists_support_Ron_Paul_for_President

PHenry
07-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Done!

shrugged0106
07-06-2007, 07:22 PM
sheesh!

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Done. thanks.

Jimmy
07-06-2007, 07:25 PM
done

Oddball
07-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Gettin' desperate out there.

This is not necessarily a bad thing.

Shink
07-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Ditto. This crap is getting old, and while they keep beating this drum, it gets discredited every time.

Electrostatic
07-06-2007, 07:27 PM
done ty

angrydragon
07-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Done!

cujothekitten
07-06-2007, 07:32 PM
done

LibertyOfOne
07-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Bury this story also

http://digg.com/politics/How_to_stop_Ron_Paul

LastoftheMohicans
07-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I succumbed to peer pressure and buried it. Normally, I would let things like this go.

buffalokid777
07-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Buried!

Roxi
07-06-2007, 07:53 PM
buried

the forum this is also a part of

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php/ron-paul-one-388512.html

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 21 (0 members and 21 guests)

yongrel
07-06-2007, 07:55 PM
that thread was scary. absolutely bug nutty.

ThePieSwindler
07-06-2007, 07:56 PM
I think the reason fringe groups like the white nationalists at stormfront like Ron Paul so much is because he believes in the constitutional republic, in that the role of government is to protect the rights and liberties of the minority from the majority. Not because Ron Paul is a racist, white nationalist, etc. Its also because he wants to close the borders, etc... which comes from their supremacist background, but mainly because of the former. Thats what i tell people, at least.

richard1984
07-06-2007, 07:57 PM
I succumbed to peer pressure and buried it. Normally, I would let things like this go.

Not when our futures and the futures of our children are at stake, though, huh? I second your statement. And I just want to say that it's refreshing to finally be part of something that really means something--that is worth a damn. We're talking about a sea change here. Americans have been pissing in the same diaper way too long.

Nathan Hale
07-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Done

FSP-Rebel
07-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Oh Yeah! 2 can play at this game. I've been waiting for a chance to get back at those suckers.:mad:

Bryan in Iowa
07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/White_nationalists_support_Ron_Paul_for_President

Ok...here we go again. I just went through this on a meetup list with supressing the fact pot smokers support Ron Paul. It doesn't matter who it is, it's all the same notion, the notion we need to regulate the image of Dr. Paul. This is not the case. Anyone who listens to Ron Paul understands he is not a pot smoker or a white supremist, he's a freedom fighter...and the fringe elements gravitate to his message.

I understand why Ron Paul supporters wish this article to be buried. Not because of it's contents, but due to it's origin, the white supremist movement. The comments are more toxic than the articles content. I agree this could be used as ammo against the campaign, but we need to remember what Ron Paul is saying...he is calling for the freedom of all people, no matter their race, creed, or alternative beliefs.

It will be impossible to hide the fringe elements who agree with Dr. Paul's views, no matter how many people 'bury' it. Pot smokers, neo-nazis, automatic weapons dealers, organic farmers, anti-war fanatics, tax evaders....whomever. In his Iowa speech he outlined the elements very well,

"I would venture to guess this is a diverse crowd. There are probably people coming from all walks of life, and yet some are republicans, some are independents, some are libertarians, some are constitutionalist, some may even be democrats for all we know! But, the whole idea of coming together is brought together by the glue of the constitution"

Dr. Paul also stated,

"Rights can not be determined by a majority vote, once you do that you destroy the rights of the minority."

This statement alone does not square with the ideology of the white supremist movement. It does ring true to all of us tho.

Everyone has the right to speak their minds on issues, every group has a right to freedom of speech. It's when these groups cross the line of constitutionality the laws of the Republic come into play.

I do not agree with the white supremist movement, they step on the rights of others, and advocate violence based on race and creed. However, I do give them the right to freedom of speech. Hopefully a percentage of their members will listen to Dr. Paul and realize what they are practicing is not in line with the constitution. He is not advocating "White Power," he is advocating "Freedom Power." If this can change the minds of those preaching hate and intolerance, then it's a good thing.

I noticed one glaring discrepency in the article, and it was repeated more than once. In fact, the article put words in Dr. Paul's mouth which he has never uttered. He has not stated specifically to close the "Mexican" border to my knowledge, in fact he has promoted securing ALL borders. This does not mean closing the country to immigrants, it means abiding by the laws on the books. If we feel the laws need to change, then have the debate and amend the constitution.

No, we do not desire this movement to be associated with Dr. Paul, and frankly, neither does he, but it's there...and they do. The only thing we can do is reject their unconstitutional view and attempt to help others understand why a group such as this would be interested in Dr. Paul. It's not because he's a white supremist, it's because he believes they should have freedom of speech and the freedom to exist in an alternative ideology...as long as they don't do harm to others. I'm not sure they understand this, and perhaps when they do, they will fade away from Dr. Paul's message...or gravitate towards it and change their way of thinking.

I always ask myself, "What would Ron Paul do?"

Richie
07-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Another one to bury: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Morons_Manipulating_Digg

dmitchell
07-06-2007, 09:02 PM
No reasonable person subscribes to the concept of guilt by association, especially one-sided association. I hope every white supremacist in the country comes out and votes for Ron Paul in the primary, and all the rest of society's outcasts too. A vote is a vote is a vote.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Buried...

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-06-2007, 09:22 PM
I understand why Ron Paul supporters wish this article to be buried. Not because of it's contents, but due to it's origin, the white supremist movement.

For me, not even that, exactly. The person who submitted this article didn't do it to convince other white supremists to support Ron Paul. The white supremists are entitled to their views, their forum, and their support for a candidate. But the Digg submitter was using their forum, designed for that group to communicate amongst themselves, to tear down Ron Paul strictly by association. The burial is justified and righteous. :cool:

ThePieSwindler
07-06-2007, 09:24 PM
see post below.

ThePieSwindler
07-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Another one to bury: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Morons_Manipulating_Digg

How does that have almost 2000 digs? its just a blog link... (to a shitty blog at that)

This little zinger was priceless, though:

Someone said I was supposed to bury all Ron Paul stories.

Just doing my part.

Bryan in Iowa
07-06-2007, 09:30 PM
For me, not even that, exactly. The person who submitted this article didn't do it to convince other white supremists to support Ron Paul. The white supremists are entitled to their views, their forum, and their support for a candidate. But the Digg submitter was using their forum, designed for that group to communicate amongst themselves, to tear down Ron Paul strictly by association. The burial is justified and righteous. :cool:

So you are stating this is an insurgency designed to disuade others from supporting Ron Paul through association with the supremist movement? This would say the submitter to Digg was not a supremist, and not a Ron Paul supporter. Is this what you're saying?

FSP-Rebel
07-06-2007, 09:40 PM
And with one fell swoop: Bur----------ied Biatches:D

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-06-2007, 09:50 PM
So you are stating this is an insurgency designed to disuade others from supporting Ron Paul through association with the supremist movement? This would say the submitter to Digg was not a supremist, and not a Ron Paul supporter. Is this what you're saying?

That is my belief based on the introductory comment by the submitter.

BigSteve
07-12-2007, 09:47 PM
http://www.uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/national.php?year=1988&minper=0&f=0&off=0&elect=0

David Duke placed fifth in the 1988 Presidential Elections. The next year he won an election for State Representative in Louisiana. In 1990 and 1991 he garnered over 55 % of the White vote in elections for US Senate and Governor of LA. White Nationalists seem to have a bit of influence when they get behind a certain candidate. Be glad they are supporting Ron Paul and not Tom Tancredo or Duncan Hunter.
Everyone knows Ron Paul is not a White Nationalist. He is simply the best candidate that resonates with freedom-loving patriots.

torchbearer
07-12-2007, 09:48 PM
done

rpf2008
07-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up.