PDA

View Full Version : Made a bet with my Pro NAU dad

No1ButPaul08
12-18-2007, 02:15 AM
Yes, he is pro-NAU, they do exist. He thinks Ron Paul won't get 10% in NH, we bet a $100.

SJohnsson
12-18-2007, 02:18 AM
oooh, did he mention his reasoning? and does it concern him that it is done behind the backs of the people without willful consent, effectively making it illegitmate?

literatim
12-18-2007, 02:21 AM
So is he for the abolition of our Constitution?

pikerz
12-18-2007, 02:22 AM
Is he a banker? lol...

No1ButPaul08
12-18-2007, 02:24 AM
good point, i havent brought that up. I still live at home and he's very set in his democrat ways. So I'm not going hard yet, as we have been clashing. He's clueless as to the CFR and what not. To him RP supporters are, "the Waco Crowd." No joke. I said its much deeper than that but he just blows it off. He's going to end up voting for RP anyway because he hates Hillary and IN is and open primary late in the season.

No1ButPaul08
12-18-2007, 02:31 AM
So is he for the abolition of our Constitution?

Funny you say that. He's big on infrastruture and gov't spending. RP was on the radio today and they were asking him about infrastructure and he said Eisenhower slid by the Constitution with the Interstate Highway Act saying it was for defense. He saids there needs to be an amendment to spend on roads. I told my dad that today and he just blew it off. Like I said I don't like to get too heated as I still am living as his house unfortunately

SJohnsson
12-18-2007, 02:32 AM
good point, i havent brought that up. I still live at home and he's very set in his democrat ways. So I'm not going hard yet, as we have been clashing. He's clueless as to the CFR and what not. To him RP supporters are, "the Waco Crowd." No joke. I said its much deeper than that but he just blows it off. He's going to end up voting for RP anyway because he hates Hillary and IN is and open primary late in the season.

Well thats good to hear. But let him know that no elected leader has the ability to redefine our sovereignty, and the only legitimate way would be if the people granted the government with that ability. Otherwise it is an illegitimate authority with no true legal power (unfortunately, there are many that would not care)

SJohnsson
12-18-2007, 02:38 AM
Funny you say that. He's big on infrastruture and gov't spending. RP was on the radio today and they were asking him about infrastructure and he said Eisenhower slid by the Constitution with the Interstate Highway Act saying it was for defense. He saids there needs to be an amendment to spend on roads. I told my dad that today and he just blew it off. Like I said I don't like to get too heated as I still am living as his house unfortunately

Ask him why using the correct procedures to establish the legal justifications necessary is not important? I'm sure an amendment allowing for federal expenditures on roads would be relatively easy to pass. So why permit a president to overstep his boundaries, knowing that it could set dangerous precedents for the future?

literatim
12-18-2007, 02:39 AM
You should inform him that there is currently a $9.1 trillion dollar debt and almost $50 trillion in 'obligations' in the form of welfare, Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security that we cannot pay.

Ask him if he wants his taxes to go up to 60%, 70% or even 80%. Inform him that analysts are predicting a 50% depreciation in the dollar over the course of the next year followed by a further depreciation down of 98%.

No1ButPaul08
12-18-2007, 02:45 AM
All these suggestions are great. However, my dad is very stubborn and whenever I try to tell him something he either blows it off and/or won't take the time to understand the depth of RP positions. That coud be the biggest problem the whole campaign faces, people misunderstanding what RP stands for. He's very anti-war and does not trust hillary to end it so when she is cruising the nomination he will vote for RP in the IN primary

Dequeant
12-18-2007, 02:46 AM
You should let me beat some sense into him....seriously.....everyone needs a little common sense applied forcefully now and then.

rasheedwallace
12-18-2007, 02:47 AM
haha enjoy your 100 dollars, its as good as yours.

SJohnsson
12-18-2007, 02:49 AM
All these suggestions are great. However, my dad is very stubborn and whenever I try to tell him something he either blows it off and/or won't take the time to understand the depth of RP positions. That coud be the biggest problem the whole campaign faces, people misunderstanding what RP stands for. He's very anti-war and does not trust hillary to end it so when she is cruising the nomination he will vote for RP in the IN primary

that has got to be frustrating. Maybe one day you'll be able to convince him. You're not alone though, i'm still trying to convince my dad, and it's working but slowly. Unfortunately he's a big environment guy so he has trouble believing me when i tell him the protection of property rights against pollution would do much more than any legislation.

No1ButPaul08
12-18-2007, 02:53 AM
He doesn't think there's anyway the border can be controlled so his solution was for Mexico to join in. I asked him how the new border would be controlled and his solution was to got all the way to the Panama Canal. I was stunned, I mentioned Costa Rica was a proud country and wouldn't stand for that. He didn't really have an answer. I also wondered how we would stop the new problem of Venezuelan and Columbian immigrants.

No1ButPaul08
12-18-2007, 02:53 AM
haha enjoy your 100 dollars, its as good as yours.

Going directly to the good Dr.

SJohnsson
12-18-2007, 03:04 AM
He doesn't think there's anyway the border can be controlled so his solution was for Mexico to join in. I asked him how the new border would be controlled and his solution was to got all the way to the Panama Canal. I was stunned, I mentioned Costa Rica was a proud country and wouldn't stand for that. He didn't really have an answer. I also wondered how we would stop the new problem of Venezuelan and Columbian immigrants. He's clueless.

yikes! you got some work ahead of you. But honestly, stay informed and keep prodding him with questions. He sounds like he's the kinda guy that will allow anything as long as it solved the problem. If he really believes in that whole border idea, start asking him things like what would we do if the rest of the latin american countries didnt want to join, but illegal immigrants were still crossing the new border. Or why does the president have that ability?

BarryDonegan
12-18-2007, 06:02 AM
Ask him why using the correct procedures to establish the legal justifications necessary is not important? I'm sure an amendment allowing for federal expenditures on roads would be relatively easy to pass. So why permit a president to overstep his boundaries, knowing that it could set dangerous precedents for the future?

people who support globalism are generally straussian and to them the ends justify the means, the sneakier it is done the better, and the generally idea is that the public is too stupid to think for itself and the financial elites are the sharp minds who should lead the way.

Bear in mind the new deal, the banking modifications done post 1900, and nearly everything since has been done in the face of the rule of law. the new deal was probably the most flagrant dismantling of the constitution we've ever had, and history doesn't reflect it.

if the people don't know they've been violated, then technically the rule of law doesn't have traction.

thats what the ron paul revolution is here for... to get the traction back to the rule of law.

generally though i don't think these people are worried about corruption of power, most of them find it to be an unavoidable thing. they don't believe in the ability of checks and balances to affect that part... that's what you have to convince them.

skeet
12-18-2007, 06:09 AM
You shouldn't try to convince him. Let him convince himself. Just place some great RP lit in strategic locations so he will find it when nobody is around he will read it. If that doesn't do it, at least you tried.

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 06:10 AM
The important thing is that he said his father was going to vote for Paul. That's the important thing.

Austin
12-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Delete

SJohnsson
12-18-2007, 06:27 AM
people who support globalism are generally straussian and to them the ends justify the means, the sneakier it is done the better, and the generally idea is that the public is too stupid to think for itself and the financial elites are the sharp minds who should lead the way.

Bear in mind the new deal, the banking modifications done post 1900, and nearly everything since has been done in the face of the rule of law. the new deal was probably the most flagrant dismantling of the constitution we've ever had, and history doesn't reflect it.

if the people don't know they've been violated, then technically the rule of law doesn't have traction.

thats what the ron paul revolution is here for... to get the traction back to the rule of law.

generally though i don't think these people are worried about corruption of power, most of them find it to be an unavoidable thing. they don't believe in the ability of checks and balances to affect that part... that's what you have to convince them.

Well said, Unfortunately most politicians consider our situation as 'too far down the rabbit hole'. This, of course, gives them free reign in their mind to enact whatever 'do-good' legislation will garner them a few more minutes of attention and the votes to go with it.

The pressing question that might have to be answered at some juncture, is whether or not this government has retained its legitimacy. Imagine that question on primetime news...

It is truly sad how past generations failed to remain vigilant to thwart the monster we face now. I'm fairly optimistic at least. At least the continuation of the Internet will continue to kill the dinosaurs of the old media while empowering the individual.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-18-2007, 06:31 AM
Yes, he is pro-NAU, they do exist. He thinks Ron Paul won't get 10% in NH, we bet a $100. What a fool

Report him to Alex Jones :p

me3
12-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Make him donate it to Dr. Paul. But after Iowa, make him go double or nothing on 15% in New Hampshire.

Cal Mabus
12-18-2007, 07:25 AM
I and my Father have went head to head a few times also, he being mid 70's and I late 40's. Of course his position for a long time was that he can't win and as stubborn is stubborn does, end of discussion. But sometimes you just have to piss a person off before they can think. Because of mans prideful nature and self imposed wisdom, no one likes to be wrong and no one can tell them any different, especially when it comes from their children.

Prov: 28:23, He who rebukes a man will find more favor afterward, Than he who flatters with the tongue.

Prov: 27:5 & 6, Open rebuke is better than love carefully concealed. Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Just do a bible search on the word rebuke, you'll find many wisdom verses.

Anyway, I made the point to my Father that we were policing the world now in 130 countries and the very thing we are accusing other countries of being...terrorists... we were perpetrating against them, making the US the terrorists, and that means you dad and I are terrorists without our permission by our government representing us. Of course that didn't settle well with him, yes it was heated...oh the anger! Then I said, It is insane to stand for that which is flat out wrong! His response... are you saying I'm crazy?!!... don't you think I know the difference between right and wrong?!!!!

I said I don't know if you know the difference dad, you support us being terrorists in other countries! Ooohhh how pissed.

I then asked him, Dad I proceed to feel like you are just simply not going to bow to my way of thinking or my demands and I think you are going to cause some harm upon your wife and your neighbors, so I'm just gong to have watch your every move and I'm going to have all your neighbors report to me all of your activities, and every time I think you are out of line I'm just going to come over and thump you upside your head. Not only that but if I don't like your neighbors reports or think they are defending you, I'm going to go thump them upside the head too! How about that! He replied....OOHHHH! Know you won't! I said why not! He said...It's not right! End of discussion.

Last week he told me he was going to probably vote for RON PAUL! But he really needs to start spending some of that money. Dad has been asleep longer than I, so just don't quite get the early primaries yet. LOL. Gotta love your parents.

By the way I use this same argument on every one who agrees with Bush foreign policy. Who ever is right wins, and in this case it was my dad. I loved it... It's not right!