PDA

View Full Version : Seriously why are the anti-paul people so brainwashed

ProBlue33
12-18-2007, 02:03 AM
I've been talking to people on other forums and swear people have no clue, they are so brain dead from war propaganda, and think the saniest of men is a crazy old fool. It's a messed up world when people think that Hillary & Rudy would be better leaders than Ron Paul, even after they are presented with all the facts.

In fact I had one guy say he would rather have Bush for 4 more illigal years than Ron Paul as president, how have people gone so far that they actually think like that.

Freakin scary

PimpBlimp
12-18-2007, 02:06 AM
When people are scared they think and do irrational things. These people you describe probably think the big bad Al qaeda boogy man is waiting around every corner for them and will literally sell their soul to the big corrupt government for protection.

SJohnsson
12-18-2007, 02:14 AM
Unfortunately, most people are so used to the glazing over of political issues and lack of principle that they form an instant opinion when the laundry list of positions is pulled out. (Anti-Iraq, gold standard, no education dept., anti-abortion). They then take this list and apply what they know (not much), heard (usually biased), or can relate to. Beyond that, they have no concept of rule of law and limitations of government. I don't think most of them understand the can of worms they open when programs like Universal Healthcare, Dept of Education, and govt subsidies are created.

Dave Pedersen
12-18-2007, 02:18 AM
They watch Bill O'Reilly one hour each night and think themselves politically educated. I know because I used to do just that.

maxmerkel
12-18-2007, 02:21 AM
show em the video in my signature - truly powerful - found it 5 minutes ago :)

ProBlue33
12-18-2007, 02:22 AM
So there is hope then for some?

Silverback
12-18-2007, 02:29 AM
My grandfather lived through WWII in the Netherlands, he watched the rise of Nazism up close and very nearly lost his life to it on several occasions.

He's gone now, but when he told me stories about that era I remember asking him how so many people could participate in something so terrible.

He told me that he didn't think there was a single German who would have signed on for the whole package up front, it all happened a bit at a time, and it all seemed reasonable in light of the circumstances, until it didn't.

The problem was that when people realised what had happened they were already corrupted, they had participated so there was a strong incentive to deny the evil they had helped to create and to attack anyone who questioned it, and that incentive only gets stronger the longer things go on. That is one of the great strengths of tyranny, it's ability to corrupt.

The people who've been cheering on this administration for the last six years, the ones who're still on board after all the scandals and the lies and the failures, the people who lash out at Ron for standing up for the rule of law and an honorable foreign policy, are similarly corrupted.

They simply aren't capable of admitting they were wrong, which is why they so often make such irrational arguements against Dr. Paul, seem completely incapable of acknowledging reason, and so often resort to slander and childish namecalling.

There's no point rolling around in the mud with that particular group, fortunately there aren't that many of them.

The only existential threat terrorism poses to the US is that we allow them to succeeed in terrorizing us. The fearmongers are aiding the terrorists, fear is their real WMD.

AlexAmore
12-18-2007, 02:35 AM
Silverback, nice post. You summed it up beautifully on such a tragic subject.
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Signs/ten-on-ten.gif

mokkan88
12-18-2007, 02:40 AM
Because we are such a diverse group of supporters. A group is often stereotyped by its radicals, which is why we are characterized as paranoid / anarchists / conspiracy theorists.

Paulitical Correctness
12-18-2007, 02:40 AM
They watch Bill O'Reilly one hour each night and think themselves politically educated. I know because I used to do just that.

Yes, we must all remember where we came from.

I think it's safe to assume the majority of us were once "braindead" morons.

Patience is key with these people. You can't force them to wake up, but you can be persistent.

I remember back in the day when the kids wearing anti-GB pins on their jackets would anger me.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-18-2007, 03:16 AM
I recently got into a debate with someone who think all Republicans are terrible and that Bush is the worst president ever but somehow Paul is worse.

When I ask which policy is he so against he cant really say one. He is a liberal but somehow thinks the war is necesary and that threatening to nuke countries is sane. He says Paul is crazy to say the dollar devaluation is like stealing. Its so weird. He uses different sides of the political spectrum to say thaty Paul is bad but doesnt really support any of them. Its like people have been drugged.

AceNZ
12-18-2007, 03:36 AM
The country didn't get to where it is by accident. Propaganda is a powerful tool. Remember that it's not just the MSM -- propaganda exists in our schools, out churches and our workplaces. Years-and-years of bombardment is difficult to undo at best, and often impossible.

This is why our best hope is to focus on the young and other demographics that are still able to tell right from wrong, and who can see that we're on the wrong path, and that there is a better way.