PDA

View Full Version : It's no house, but....

Original_Intent
07-06-2007, 07:02 PM
My prized possession is a Gil Hibben signature series Dragon Lord Knife.

It is a numbered, and any of you who know knives, know who Gil Hibben is.

This is number 0036/1000.

Nice display case and somewhere around here I think I have the scabbard signed in gold-colored ink by Gil Hibben.

Market value on this is minimum $500 and to me personally it is worth at least a thousand.

If anyone has pledged their limit and wants to give more, I pledge to donate any proceeds from the sale to the campaign. If you live anywhere near Central Utah, you can come get the knife and watch while I make the donation to the campaign.
Or whatever else you can think of to insure that I am not ripping you off.

Post here or PM me if interested. I am married, so I could do up to about $4200.

shrugged0106
07-06-2007, 07:05 PM

Nice display case and somewhere around here I think I have the scabbard signed in gold-colored ink by Gil Hibben.

Market value on this is minimum $500 and to me personally it is worth at least a thousand.

If anyone has pledged their limit and wants to give more, I pledge to donate any proceeds from the sale to the campaign. If you live anywhere near Central Utah, you can come get the knife and watch while I make the donation to the campaign.

Post here or PM me if interested. I am married, so I could do up to about $4200.

nice knife!. I live about 10 miles from him in LaGrange Ky.

angrydragon
07-06-2007, 07:10 PM
I think it's 4600, unless you donated already.

As long as it's worth it to you, got for it.

Original_Intent
btw, if anyone looks on ebay and sees the Dragon Lords selling for $80 this knife is similar to them but this is the Gold Edition Collector,a nd you will not find it for sale anywhere.

Also, I didn't exactly say, but minimum offer is $1,000.

Original_Intent
I think it's 4600, unless you donated already.

As long as it's worth it to you, got for it.

I have already donated.

FreedomLover
07-06-2007, 07:19 PM
very noble man. And its going to a great cause, but I dont have to tell you that.

Original_Intent
07-06-2007, 08:58 PM
/bump - sorry want to keep this front page for a while so people have a chance to see it.

CAKochenash
07-06-2007, 09:05 PM
i wish i digged knives...good idea though...

Bradley in DC
07-06-2007, 09:18 PM
what about just posting it eBay?

FSP-Rebel
07-06-2007, 09:24 PM
what about just posting it eBay?
Because its supreme value will most likely come from someome in the Paul camp with an incentive to donate the max and get a novelty in return. In the Free Market, high prices can be paid when someone attracts a major value to something--over and above its normal worth. If that fails then Ebay would be in order.

ChrisM
07-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Isn't this illegal according to the FEC? You need to give your own money and nobody can pay you to give it away.

ThePieSwindler
07-06-2007, 10:16 PM

Sell it to someone who would not otherwise give to the Ron Paul campaign.. NOT us. We are going to give anyways, so it is just a re-allocation of money.

allyinoh
07-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Isn't this illegal according to the FEC? You need to give your own money and nobody can pay you to give it away.

If I sell my car and use the profit to donate to Ron Paul, how is that illegal? It was my property and I chose to sell it and chose to take MY money and donate it to him?

Dustancostine
07-06-2007, 10:25 PM

I am impressed with your patriotism, you are an example to all of us.

--dustan

ChrisM
07-06-2007, 10:26 PM
If I sell my car and use the profit to donate to Ron Paul, how is that illegal? It was my property and I chose to sell it and chose to take MY money and donate it to him?
It's a tough call: "I am making this contribution (and paying this credit charge) with my own personal funds, and I am not using funds provided by any other person or from any corporation, labor union or national bank to make this contribution."

I think because it is specifically intended to give the money to the campaign, it is illegal. I can't be certain, and I doubt it'll matter anyway.

allyinoh
07-06-2007, 10:32 PM
It's a tough call: "I am making this contribution (and paying this credit charge) with my own personal funds, and I am not using funds provided by any other person or from any corporation, labor union or national bank to make this contribution."

I think because it is specifically intended to give the money to the campaign, it is illegal. I can't be certain, and I doubt it'll matter anyway.

I'm not saying you're wrong...

I don't see how selling things to make money to donate would be illegal. It's not like someone's just giving you money, it's more like an exchange...

Original_Intent
07-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Sell it to someone who would not otherwise give to the Ron Paul campaign.. NOT us. We are going to give anyways, so it is just a re-allocation of money.

The point is to sell it to someone who already maxxed out and would like to help me contribute more than I otherwise can.

ecliptic
07-06-2007, 10:37 PM
By posting this plan you are violating FEC rules, I'm guessing. if you did this without any posting of your plan it would be less clear. However - any "rule bending" of any kind whatsoever is unacceptable. Stop making these types of posts in this forum - you are not helping the cause. Pure and simple we win by the rules.

Original_Intent
07-06-2007, 10:38 PM
No way I can see this is illegal or even sneaky. I am auctioning of an item and pledging to donate the proceeds. No way it is illegal.

Original_Intent
07-06-2007, 10:43 PM
If I was saying I would sell a grain of sand for $1000 dollars and donating the money wink wink then I would see a problem.

The fact that I am offering something of real value and legitimately worth the $1000 asking price, I see no conflict with notifying people that I would donate the proceeds to a cause we both believe in.

At any rate I was just trying to do a good thing if you think this besmirches Ron Paul's name, I respectfully disagree. If someone shows me that this is a violation of election law then yes absolutely the deal is off.

I don't see the problem myself.

ecliptic
07-06-2007, 10:43 PM
I really don't have a clue and I'm sure the FEC rule-book is almost as long as the tax code... ????? Does anyone have the definitive FEC ruling on this idea.... And by the way thanks for the huge potential donation and everything you do for Dr. Paul... every donor counts HUGE!!!! It's not just how much donated but how many donors that also counts HUGE for Dr. Paul's campaign. Every donation helps!!!!!!

buffalokid777
07-06-2007, 10:45 PM
No way I can see this is illegal or even sneaky. I am auctioning of an item and pledging to donate the proceeds. No way it is illegal.

YEAH IT'S NOT ILLEGAL!!!

Anyone who buys that is buying a VERY collectible knife.........

If the seller of said knife want's to donate the money from sale of said knife....

THAT'S HIS CHOICE!

THIS IS AMERICA...IF YOU WANT TO SELL SOMETHING AND DO....YOU CAN SPEND IT ANY WAY YOU WANT!!!!

ChrisM
07-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Even still, I would wait a respectable amount of time before the donation, just to make it "more legal" or less contestable. I'm sure it won't matter to the government, but if they decide to get picky with certain people, it can't hurt to be safe.

And if you've maxed out, check out the PAC thread some ways down on the main board.

Original_Intent
07-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Still no takers, ah well probably no big and i will just have to keep making nickel and dime donations.

allyinoh
07-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Still no takers, ah well probably no big and i will just have to keep making nickel and dime donations.

Eh, just give it time...

I'm sure you will hear something...

I thought about selling some stuff I have including my wedding dress to help with anything even my local meetup group... I was told not to do it because that's sentimental, but I thought it's worth it.. I'm never going to wear it again and I would rather have it help in any way possible to get Ron PAul in the WH...

Original_Intent
07-06-2007, 11:06 PM
That's how I feel about this knife (grin) My wife and I studied martial arts together for 10+ years and we have all kinds of weaponry - rifles, handguns, swords, nunchaku, tonfa, bo staves, shuriken - this knife is my baby and I would LOVE to sacrifice it for the cause. (the knife has never been used btw, it has just been kept in its display case)

allyinoh
07-06-2007, 11:08 PM
I wish I knew someone who was into knives... I would like to help you out if I could.