PDA

View Full Version : Iowa infomercial could be so much better.

hebmskebm
12-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Hey i'm new here (found this place yesterday looking for info). Something seriously needs to be done about that 30 min Iowa video; its not good. Of course i'm talking about the presentation of the vid, not Dr. Paul's message. He needs to hire better ad people, people that can effectively present his ideas so that they are clear to the public. As eloquent as his writings are, i'm sure Dr. Paul would tell you himself he's not a gifted orator. The most effective parts of the ads are when the voice over man is talking about Ron;s congressional record. He needs more air time, along with steady, but not overlong statements from Ron. A more tightly edited video could make the case for voters that may not otherwise see his message. We want them to get the best impression possible, is their anything more that can be done?

dvictr
12-18-2007, 01:28 AM
my idea is to have barry goldwater jr. play a small part as a narrator... the first 10 minutes needs another voice so people dont change the channel...

kushaze
12-18-2007, 01:31 AM
They should have got one of the guys who do the movie trailer voice overs. j/k Personally I think the voters of Iowa are going to like it, especially if boring Huckabee is polling first.

cindy25
12-18-2007, 01:35 AM
what about using Susan Goldwater (Barry's granddaughter who made Goldwater on Goldwater) to make some of the commercials?

RobertJ
I see nothing wrong with the video. The last thing we need is to be in the same group as everyone else.

hebmskebm
The video definately had the feel like they were trying to "stretch" it out over 30 minutes, when it could have been done and been effective in 20.

alleon86
12-18-2007, 01:38 AM
Hey i'm new here (found this place yesterday looking for info). Something seriously needs to be done about that 30 min Iowa video; its not good. Of course i'm talking about the presentation of the vid, not Dr. Paul's message. He needs to hire better ad people, people that can effectively present his ideas so that they are clear to the public. As eloquent as his writings are, i'm sure Dr. Paul would tell you himself he's not a gifted orator. The most effective parts of the ads are when the voice over man is talking about Ron;s congressional record. He needs more air time, along with steady, but not overlong statements from Ron. A more tightly edited video could make the case for voters that may not otherwise see his message. We want them to get the best impression possible, is their anything more that can be done?

i agree, the video is kinda boring. But that also has to do with me listening to his talk already 4 million times.

Yes, this is very important, this could mean life or death for the campaign. I think they need to hire better ad people. I saw his ads, it not very good to be honest with you. Those fan mades videos are like 10000 times better. Someone need to make a phone call to paul and tell him to get better people to make his ads.

koob
12-18-2007, 01:44 AM
yeah i was bored by it. the clips of him speaking are when he's basically yelling. not nice.

The Only Woj
12-18-2007, 01:53 AM
I think they should have paid instead to have that goddamn John Stossel interview (which was fantastic) played on tv

noztnac
12-18-2007, 01:54 AM
Put this in there somewhere:

Ron Paul: The Nature of politics

Fade in: A sunny day, beautiful pasture, cows are grazing beneath a beautiful blue sky. A camera follows Ron Paul as he walks, looking back at the camera speaking:

"Hi I'm Ron Paul. I'm running for president of the United States of America. We need a nation where children are free to dream of a brighter..."

and then he stumbles, almost stepping into an enormous pile of bullshit. He narrowly avoids it and says to someone off camera, "Hey fellas...can someone get a shovel in here?"

People rapidly assemble on camera to remove the pile of shit with shovels. As they fling it off camera Ron Paul turns to face the camera.

"When I'm president there aint gonna be no bullshit!"

noztnac
12-18-2007, 01:56 AM
They should get many people to deliver the message: Michael Badnarik, Barry Goldwater Jr., Penn Jillette, George Carlin, Drew Carrey, David Letterman, etc.

Maybe even have one of the Jackass guys do a crazy stunt right in the middle.

Make it entertaining.

Midnight77
12-18-2007, 01:59 AM
Put this in there somewhere:

Fade in: A sunny day, beautiful pasture, cows are grazing beneath a beautiful blue sky. A camera follows Ron Paul as he walks, looking back at the camera speaking:

"Hi I'm Ron Paul. I'm running for president of the United States of America. We need a nation where children are free to dream of a brighter..."

and then he stumbles, almost stepping into an enormous pile of bullshit. He narrowly avoids it and says to someone off camera, "Hey fellas...can someone get a shovel in here?"

People rapidly assemble on camera to remove the pile of shit with shovels. As they fling it off camera Ron Paul turns to face the camera.

"When I'm president there aint gonna be no bullshit!"

That will attract the Christian vote in Iowa.

:rolleyes:

alleon86
12-18-2007, 02:01 AM
if anything, the campagn will be the one that blew it.

his previous tv ads are horrible. Bad actors talking like straight from scripts and the most horrible thing is the long hair dude student that looks like a complete retard.

any sane pople who watched at the iowa ad will know it's boring, 9 out of 10 jobless guy with absolutely nothing to do at all will change the channel to watch shopping channel instead

abers076
12-18-2007, 02:03 AM
we need the writer's strike to end, i think we could benefit a bunch from the late night talk shows.

p.s. i would love to hear Ron Paul say ' bullshit'

smtwngrl
12-18-2007, 02:29 AM
I think the parts with RP talking would have been so much better with an interview format, in a situation in which he wasn't raising his voice to be heard. The timbre of his voice sounds so much more pleasant to listen to when he is relaxed. And the interview format breaks it up, too, with more than one person talking.

Also, I've heard him address some of the issues better in other videos.

The later part was good, but there needed to be some of that earlier on.

If I were not already a RP supporter, and I happened to turn it on that channel, I doubt I would listen to it for long.

Crickett
12-18-2007, 02:54 AM

People rapidly assemble on camera to remove the pile of shit with shovels. As they fling it off camera ....

it narrowly misses a group of supporters nearby. Paul takes one look and says "They better be careful..when I am President the shit WILL hit the fan....

angrydragon
12-18-2007, 03:03 AM
Someone ask Dr. Paul when they meet him at a rally or something, why doesn't he just use the grassroots videos like aravoth's excellent videos.