PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck going to try and sell America on Ron Paul?

ReallyNow
12-18-2007, 01:16 AM
There's a small rumor on the internets, specifically prison planet, that Glenn Beck intimated that he would try to sell America on Ron Paul being as he is the best chance to stop globalization from coming to fruition. Has anyone heard this?

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=18690.0

john_anderson_ii
12-18-2007, 01:17 AM
That's pretty far out there, but I'll take it if it's true.

Virginia Libertarian
12-18-2007, 01:17 AM
That's just some guys opinion on a prison planet forum.

A full hour with Ron, there is no way he could look bad. How big is Becks show?

RPFTW!
12-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Call me crazy but I'm feeling very optimistic about GB and this interview!

kushaze
12-18-2007, 01:20 AM
I wouldn't mind getting a Glenn Beck endorsement.

InRonWeTrust
12-18-2007, 01:22 AM
I think Beck is really pissed off at Huckabitch right now, so he might throw some support to Ron to try to get back at Huck!

JDeVriese
12-18-2007, 01:23 AM
From the little I've seen of him, Beck is generally very respectful when conducting interviews.

N13
12-18-2007, 01:23 AM
No matter what happens, Ron Paul will not lose any of his support. Its all gravey and it has the makings of an avalanche if things go just right.

hard@work
12-18-2007, 01:24 AM
I wonder what Glenn's real rational for supporting the Iraqi and Afghan .. and all the other occupations is. Is this something that he's maybe open for tactical discussion on?

billv
12-18-2007, 01:24 AM
Tomorrow will be a positive. We will win supporters tomorrow I am absolutely sure.

reaver
12-18-2007, 01:25 AM
He'll be good to Ron. I suspect he'll be really really good to Ron and even us. If Glenn Beck says that there is a battle of ideology between people like Ron Paul and globalists they might believe him. But if I said it... fat chance.

Duckman
12-18-2007, 01:25 AM
Glenn cannot harm Ron Paul or his supporters. His loyal listeners probably have already formed a pretty solid opinion of Paul, positive or negative.

This can only be a benefit to the campaign. N13 is exactly right!

Ron Paul needs to convert Glenn Beck on Iraq. That would be what I would call a "woah-a-fecta."

maxmerkel
12-18-2007, 01:27 AM
i'v heard so much bullshit from glen, i believe it when i see it. before that, i'll just pray that our dr. has a good day :D

conner_condor
12-18-2007, 01:31 AM
I hope it is not a degrading interview. I do hope he throws some fast balls and curve balls at RP so everyone can see how smart he is. No softball Beck. Throw everything you can at RP.
Hell I might buy his book if he doesn't pull any BS. But lets face it. We don't want little league pitches.

dirka
12-18-2007, 01:36 AM
I wish Ron would make a Pledge to Glenn Beck, that if we are attacked just once more after we pull all of our troops out of muslim countries, that we will wipe every radical muslim off the face of the earth...Plain and Simple.

How can our contry be protected when the entire military is across the globe??

conner_condor
12-18-2007, 01:36 AM
I wish Ron would make a Pledge to Glenn Beck, that if we are attacked just once more after we pull all of our troops out of muslim countries, that we will wipe every radical muslim off the face of the earth...Plain and Simple.

How can our contry be protected when the entire military is across the globe??
huh????

kushaze
12-18-2007, 01:37 AM
I hope it is not a degrading interview. I do hope he throws some fast balls and curve balls at RP so everyone can see how smart he is. No softball Beck. Throw everything you can at RP.
Hell I might buy his book if he doesn't pull any BS. But lets face it. We don't want little league pitches.

If Glenn Beck endorses Ron Paul I will not only buy his stupid book, I will also read his stupid book.

conner_condor
12-18-2007, 01:39 AM
If Glenn Beck endorses Ron Paul I will not only buy his stupid book, I will also read his stupid book.
+1 We don't know it is stupid though? We just boycotted it because of his remarks. Maybe we misinterpid Beck as was mentioned a while back. We are only humans and don't see things how they are when most media personal is on the RP attack.

ksuguy
12-18-2007, 01:40 AM
I doubt it. I don't exactly view prison planet or Alex Jones as a credible source. For every good piece of information they have, there is an awful lot of crap to sort through.

zbus12
12-18-2007, 01:56 AM
quote from the AJ forum
glen beck finially understands Ron pauls real message. After he made the video on the plane he had an interview where he kinda said in a roundabout way that he is going to sell ron paul to the rest of the American public. He knows that Ron Paul is the only one who has a chance of saving this country from globilazition. Glen beck is going to glorify Ron Paul during his interview... trust me on this

Yeah I don't know how credible this guy is for saying this.(edit, because I am dumb.) However it would be nice to hear that Glenn beck sold Ron Paul to his audience, even though when the people get to hear Ron speak about the issues, he will sell himself. Ron better know that he is stepping on neo-shill grounds, and come out prepared to give some stern, confident, mildly pissed off about what the hells goin on in this country, talkin. I personally hope that he doesn't answer the questions like he did when interviewed by Stossil. I know Ron's a meek and mild mannered guy, but he needs to give some answers with some REAL AUTHORITY to show America that he AIN'T PLAYIN AROUND!!!

jacmicwag
12-18-2007, 01:57 AM
Well with our candidate and Beck, who knows where this thing will go. I'm hoping for some more entertainment value on top of the issues. This could be one of our secret weapons.

koob
12-18-2007, 01:58 AM
ron paul speaks the truth. that's why there's never a 'bad' ron paul interview!

ReallyNow
12-18-2007, 02:08 AM
quote from the AJ forum

Yeah I don't know how credible this guy is for saying this, considering the fact that it wasn't even on a plane, he was on a bus! However it would be nice to hear that Glenn beck sold Ron Paul to his audience, even though when the people get to hear Ron speak about the issues, he will sell himself. Ron better know that he is stepping on neo-shill grounds, and come out prepared to give some stern, confident, mildly pissed off about what the hells goin on in this country, talkin. I personally hope that he doesn't answer the questions like he did when interviewed by Stossil. I know Ron's a meek and mild mannered guy, but he needs to give some answers with some REAL AUTHORITY to show America that he AIN'T PLAYIN AROUND!!!

Are you sure? I could've swore he was on a plane when he made that video.

conner_condor
12-18-2007, 02:10 AM
I doubt it. I don't exactly view prison planet or Alex Jones as a credible source. For every good piece of information they have, there is an awful lot of crap to sort through.

What do you consider credible source? The same people who lies about RP and makes shit up? You think the media wouldn't post stories about what is really going on in our country? Hey the nafta super highway? One person on the media speaks of it. Lou Dobb. All the other stations calls it a conspiracy. Hho do you want your cource of news to come from?

conner_condor
12-18-2007, 02:12 AM
Are you sure? I could've swore he was on a plane when he made that video.

+1

Henry
12-18-2007, 02:14 AM
Quite a few are apprehensive about this, and for those doubter's I really believe that you maybe are not seeing this clearly. Grant you, GB will try to challenge RP on a couple of issues but if you ever really watched GB you will reach the same conclusion as I have.

I believe that GB is on the same side were at. He used controversy in the past just to stir up publicity for his show. The more he provokes the rank and file the bigger the ratings for his show. I have witnessed the proof of that the last few day’s. On CNN and Headline News they have been promoting tomorrow’s night interview as if it was a “PAY PER VIEW” heavyweight fight.

Actually GB was brilliant in calling us “Terrorist”, while at the same time he was begging for an interview with RP on YouTube. This is nothing more than showmanship on his part to increase audience. Have you ever seen the pre-fight melodrama that takes place before a “PAY PER VIEW” event? Well this is nothing more than that.

We have a full hour with him, and I promise you that you will have a different view of GB. If I’m wrong, you have the right to bash me all you want. We ought to be thanking GB right now for the pre-fight promotion this interview has been given.

conner_condor
12-18-2007, 02:16 AM
He is on a plane, listen to his first few seconds he says he is over somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hPKChWbbZY&eurl=http://www.glennbeck.com/home/index.shtml

Ron LOL
12-18-2007, 02:23 AM
Beck has been ripping on the Huckster on account of some comments RE: Mormonism, I think. And if you'll recall the Buchanan interview, Beck seemed concerned about globalization. I guess I could buy this idea. I'll believe it when I see it, though.

Dave Pedersen
12-18-2007, 02:30 AM
How quickly we give GB a pass on calling us terrorists.. Americans are too forgiving. And too easily forget. Ron should let Glen know straight up that was not something he should repeat.

Ever again.

zbus12
12-18-2007, 02:34 AM
uhhh duh I missed that yeah, he was on a plane, I thought for sure he was on a bus.:confused: I guess I should get the facts straight next time.

zbus12
12-18-2007, 02:37 AM
How quickly we give GB a pass on calling us terrorists.. Americans are too forgiving. And too easily forget. Ron should let Glen know straight up that was not something he should repeat.

Ever again.

agreed!

ionlyknowy
12-18-2007, 02:42 AM
I wonder what Glenn's real rational for supporting the Iraqi and Afghan .. and all the other occupations is. Is this something that he's maybe open for tactical discussion on?

yes, he believes that the islamofacists are trying to take over the world and usher in a new Caliphate and force every nation to implement Sharia law. He believes that Islam is the anti Christian.

I used to watch Glen ALL the time.. I loved him... I even bought a book that he endorsed about the subject. The guy that wrote it was Walid Shoebat. He interviewed this guy who is a former Islamic terrorist converted to Christianity.

The book explains that Islam believes that the Imam Almahdi will return in the end times and save the world when all of the other types of government fail such as communism, liberal democracy etc..

Then once this Imam Almahdi returns, they believe that Jesus will actually return again and endorse the Imam, telling everyone (including Christians) that he never wanted to be worshiped.

Christians on the other had believe that in the end times there will be an anti-Christ rise to power and a false prophet. These two are believed by Christians to misled many. It says in the bible that if someone says here is Jesus he has returned to not believe them... we are warned of false prophets in the end times.

Do you see the connection? The Christian anti-Christ is the Muslim Imam Almahdi, and the Christian false prophet is the Muslim Jesus.

This is why I suspect Glen has such a hard time accepting RP's view on the war. Glen believes we must fight, and for Glen it is for survival of the Christian/Mormon religions.

When people have a religious belief, they are very devout in their dedication to the cause. They will even die for it... this is why it is sooo hard to change their views on the subject.

What did it for me, was realizing that our economic conditions are such that if we continue down our path currently, we may fail as a nation Economically. Therefore, in the end we will be withdrawing our troops anyway, but in a far worse condition.

zbus12
12-18-2007, 02:43 AM
Glenn Beck felt the heat and got tons of grief for calling us "terrorists" and realized that there are hundreds of thousands of viewers of his show that are Ron Paul supporters. TRUE AMERICANS that boycotted his show! He had no other choice but to give Ron the hour. I pray it does some good!

Ron LOL
12-18-2007, 02:44 AM

Ever again.

Oh please, grow a thicker skin. You really need some perspective if you honestly took offense at what Glenn Beck said.

It's one thing to react strongly when something like that is first said. But if you're still upset about it now, you really ought to lighten up.

ionlyknowy
12-18-2007, 02:45 AM
I suspect that Glen has RP views on limited govt. and libertarianism but the fight against terrorism is what Glen disagrees with... RP must make Glen realize the economics, then and only then will be see Glen endorse Paul.

Richandler
12-18-2007, 02:47 AM
People here just hate Beck really bad. They are no different from the rest of the sheep public who has to wage war on something to get their hooahs. Beck just denounced Huckabee as a horrible choice not too shortly after he was fawning over the guy. He got Paul on the program right after that episode took place. I have no doubt, seeing that Beck agrees mostly with Paul and sees no one candidate to gravitate too, I see him saying that Paul is his guy. I really don't care if in doing so he takes full credit for launching Paul too the top because it doesn't matter. As long as We come out on top that is all that matters. Paul will talk sense into Beck. Having 3 Journalists on our side is a win for me. Stossel, Tucker, and maybe soon Beck.

You guys have to remember that you gave him hate mail for the last couple months. So you need to chill out when he attacked back.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-18-2007, 02:48 AM
No matter what happens, Ron Paul will not lose any of his support. Its all gravey and it has the makings of an avalanche if things go just right.

This is true...

Signzit
12-18-2007, 02:51 AM
I have been in Glenn Beck's Radio market for almost 6 years. He and Dr. Paul are really not that far apart in thinking. He can be snippy at times but he's just scared, like many standard GOP folks. Hell, Beck just learned of the NAU and the NAFTA Super Highway a few weeks ago and was shocked out of his tree.

Beck is a quick study, I think everyone here that truly supports Dr. Paul will be really pleased with Beck in this hour. But screw Beck anyway, he's really a small fry! you can get more people to show up to a local hootenanny then watches CNN HN. I watch but I'm a freak!

Rush is the SOB! Where is Rush? That's the one we need to win!

TheIndependent
12-18-2007, 03:00 AM
I'm neutral like Switzerland until I see this go down tonight.

zbus12
12-18-2007, 03:02 AM
Glen beck is NOT a christian. And those that believe all that end times mumbo jumbo are a bunch of mislead, non-enduring sound doctrine, heretics.

Do you wanna know about the end times?......

Mathew 24:36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

I don't even know why "so called" christians even speculate about these matters, it is a WASTE of time. Only the Father knows the day, so why continue to try and "figure it out."??? Repent and believe NOW, your end time could be tomorrow! Any "explanation" of these so called end times is pure heresy and trying to make the Bible say what they want it to mean.

If you think about it, if a thousand years is a mere speck compared to an eternity, we've been in the end times since Christ died.

They believe this way because.....

2Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

Duckman
12-18-2007, 03:08 AM
Beck is becoming bigger than Rush, I think.

As for Beck's end times vision speculations, you could definitely be right. He devoted a whole show of his to the "end times" once.

Dave Pedersen
12-18-2007, 03:08 AM
Glen beck is NOT a christian. And those that believe all that end times mumbo jumbo are a bunch of mislead, non-enduring sound doctrine, heretics.

Mathew 24:36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

I don't even know why "so called" christians even speculate about these matters, it is a WASTE of time. Only the Father knows the day, so why continue to try and "figure it out."??? Repent and believe NOW, your end time could be tomorrow! Any "explanation" of these so called end times is pure heresy and trying to make the Bible say what they want it to mean.

If you think about it, if a thousand years is a mere speck compared to an eternity, we've been in the end times since Christ died.

2Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

We are expected to recognize the season.

Mark 13: 28-37

www.shepherdschapel.com

Richandler
12-18-2007, 03:19 AM
Hell, Beck just learned of the NAU and the NAFTA Super Highway a few weeks ago and was shocked out of his tree.

This is why I don't doubt him.

Nanerbeet
12-18-2007, 03:47 AM
Glen beck is NOT a christian.

How is belief in Christ as the savior and son of God not Christianity? Its a different flavor; but it [Mormonism] is still Christianity.

I don't even know why "so called" christians even speculate about these matters, it is a WASTE of time.

Most Mormons are doing what they are taught and that is to prepare for end times; food storage, strong family and community bonds, temple worship, etc...

They are, however, worried that the end times are upon us, and that is why you have the speculation. Its sort of like seeing the "bombs" flying through the air, so to speak...

As I understand it (please someone correct me if I'm wrong), the Mormons think in the end times Israel will be up against enemies it could not possily defend against and its destruction will be imminent; at the same time, the constitution will be "hanging by a thread." Then, when all seems lost and "evil" is about to win, Christ will come and save the day, or rather, destroy pretty much everything except those who are pure and righteous. After that, goodness will last for a thousand years.

So... if we're not allied with Israel, then according to the scriptures we are wicked and our destruction is ensured.

Joe3113
12-18-2007, 03:50 AM
I think you are all crazy if you think Beck will try and sell RP. Im betting he'll mention the newsletter. Ron will counter saying he didnt write it but the damage with potential new voters might already be done. All indications from past experience are that Beck is just another corporate shill. Why suddenly give him the benefit of the doubt? He'll also mention donations from white suprem, neo nazi blah blah blah and all the rest of the bullshit. I hope I'm wrong but I'm betting I'm not.

ionlyknowy
12-18-2007, 04:10 AM

Did you even read what I typed earlier? Nowhere does it say that Christians or Muslims are trying to predict when the end times are or will be..

Here is what I said.

yes, he believes that the islamofacists are trying to take over the world and usher in a new Caliphate and force every nation to implement Sharia law. He believes that Islam is the anti Christian.

I used to watch Glen ALL the time.. I loved him... I even bought a book that he endorsed about the subject. The guy that wrote it was Walid Shoebat. He interviewed this guy who is a former Islamic terrorist converted to Christianity.

The book explains that Islam believes that the Imam Almahdi will return in the end times and save the world when all of the other types of government fail such as communism, liberal democracy etc..

Then once this Imam Almahdi returns, they believe that Jesus will actually return again and endorse the Imam, telling everyone (including Christians) that he never wanted to be worshiped.

Christians on the other had believe that in the end times there will be an anti-Christ rise to power and a false prophet. These two are believed by Christians to misled many. It says in the bible that if someone says here is Jesus he has returned to not believe them... we are warned of false prophets in the end times.

Do you see the connection? The Christian anti-Christ is the Muslim Imam Almahdi, and the Christian false prophet is the Muslim Jesus.

This is why I suspect Glen has such a hard time accepting RP's view on the war. Glen believes we must fight, and for Glen it is for survival of the Christian/Mormon religions.

When people have a religious belief, they are very devout in their dedication to the cause. They will even die for it... this is why it is sooo hard to change their views on the subject.

What did it for me, was realizing that our economic conditions are such that if we continue down our path currently, we may fail as a nation Economically. Therefore, in the end we will be withdrawing our troops anyway, but in a far worse condition.

The above does not lead one to assume that anyone is "predicting" when these events will happen. Yes scripture does say that the second coming will happen "like a thief in the night" and that "only God know the time that it will happen"

I do agree with you that God always was and always will be. Eternal. Infinity. And human thought is set up such that there is a start and an end so our contemplation of God is very narrow and probably way off of what is actually is. A 1,000 years is shorter than a millisecond to God. Actually 1,000 years isnt even measured to God, God has no concept of time, that is a man made measurement.

The above merely explains that views of how the two religions interact and play off of each other. I am not saying that the above is fact, it is opinion of many but probably not most.

Glen has endorsed this view on his program in the past. I know that Glen is a Mormon. But Mormons are not that different from Christians. We both believe in the bible and Jesus, and the book of revelations. Revelations is the book that tells Christians about the end times. So both Mormons and Christians believe in the same end times scenario. Mormons just have added books to the bible, which were discovered by John Smith. The main difference between Mormons and Christians is that Mormons believe that believers will one day be Gods of other planets. They also have differing beliefs on the beginning of life and the story behind it (spiritual war, white and dark skin etc.)

BUT the core belief of Jesus God and revelations are essentially the same.

If you would like to learn more about Mormonism see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy0d1HbItOo
It tells the whole story

oh and do you not think that the "they will turn to fables" might be the Christian surge for Bush and Huckabee and ProWar stances that have taken place in the last 8 years?

NewEnd
12-18-2007, 04:13 AM
I think you are all crazy if you think Beck will try and sell RP. Im betting he'll mention the newsletter. Ron will counter saying he didnt write it but the damage with potential new voters might already be done. All indications from past experience are that Beck is just another corporate shill. Why suddenly give him the benefit of the doubt? He'll also mention donations from white suprem, neo nazi blah blah blah and all the rest of the bullshit. I hope I'm wrong but I'm betting I'm not.

Me too. Beck will try to hammer him hard. Trusting Beck is stupid.
Paul can, and will handle himself, he is a great debater... liek when FOX asked him why he wnet on Alex Jones;
he replied he was on FOX, and he disagrees with them on a lot of issues too.

parke
12-18-2007, 04:18 AM
If he's smart.. he plays the middle of the road sarcastically. That way if RP keeps gaining he is the hero.. if he loses, he gets to say he gave him a shot.. but oh well.

xao
12-18-2007, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signzit
>Hell, Beck just learned of the NAU and the NAFTA Super Highway a few weeks ago and was shocked out of his tree.

Only a few weeks ago? Lou Dobbs has been talking about it for almost 2 years.

Glen will try to make Ron look bad. Count on it.

xao
12-18-2007, 04:22 AM
Me too. Beck will try to hammer him hard. Trusting Beck is stupid.
Paul can, and will handle himself, he is a great debater... liek when FOX asked him why he wnet on Alex Jones;
he replied he was on FOX, and he disagrees with them on a lot of issues too.

It's good to see that some people still have brains.

Signzit
12-18-2007, 04:40 AM
Beck will ask tough questions no doubt but nothing Dr. Paul can't handle.

He will play devil's advocate for sure but instead of a 15sec reply, Dr. Paul will be allowed to speak and we all know what happens when Dr Paul speaks...!

The only real problem I could foresee; Beck likes to run his mouth and show how informed he is on a given subject.

I wish this time, he would just bite his lip and let the expert speak!

Tell everyone you know to tune-in, no worries!

The whole CNN network tries to ignore Lou Dobbs; why should Beck have been any different.

Coola
12-18-2007, 04:50 AM
Unless Glenn has found some old skeleton bones Ron's closet that he'll attempt to to expose to hurt him. :(

sergeant_x
12-18-2007, 05:00 AM
It's not the tough questions. I don't think Beck is smart enough to manage any. Or even repeat other people's questions effectively. What bothers me is the retarded demagoguery, which he is "skilled" at. He makes a living nourishing the core of what's wrong with our nation, namely that it's populated by a bunch of tv-watching mouth-breathers that gave up thinking for themselves decades ago.

RonPaulFever
12-18-2007, 06:20 AM
It's good that many of you have high expectations for the show, but we all know what kind of man Glen Beck is (or isn't). There's no way that a one-hour show will be a total lovefest or even-handed for that matter....you can bet Glen has done his research ahead of time and is looking for any little inconsistency he can find, valid or not, to try to publicly humiliate and discredit Dr. Paul in order to make a name for himself.

brianbb98
12-18-2007, 06:26 AM
i want an hour of tough questions and i want a fair amount of time to explain the answers. i do not want what i just saw on faux news.

voytechs
12-18-2007, 06:26 AM
Just can't wait to find out who his surprise guests are going to be. I agree that this could be a good thing anyway.

manny
12-18-2007, 09:05 AM
What time and channel is this on?

I've never watched Glann Beck before... don't even know the name of his show.

westmich4paul
12-18-2007, 09:23 AM
He is on a plane, listen to his first few seconds he says he is over somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hPKChWbbZY&eurl=http://www.glennbeck.com/home/index.shtml

He's definately on a plane no buses have plane windows. and there is a no smoking sign right behind him. I would bet my ron donation it is a plane.

familydog
12-18-2007, 09:29 AM
It's good that many of you have high expectations for the show, but we all know what kind of man Glen Beck is (or isn't). There's no way that a one-hour show will be a total lovefest or even-handed for that matter....you can bet Glen has done his research ahead of time and is looking for any little inconsistency he can find, valid or not, to try to publicly humiliate and discredit Dr. Paul in order to make a name for himself.

Actually, many people here are not familiar with Glenn Beck otherwise they would not be saying this will be a total hit piece.

j0ew00ds
12-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Wouldn't it be sweet if he started going easy on Ron and Ron said something like "C'mon, give me some harder questions. Ask me about the economy" etc?

WilliamC
12-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Greetings All,

Like many American's I think Glenn Beck just plain wants our troops to win. Like many Americans I don't think Glenn Beck has really thought through what winning in Iraq means. To hear the other Republican candidates talk winning means staying in Iraq essentially forever like we have done in Korea, Europe, and Japan.

I hope Ron Paul is clear that, so long as American troops are involved in any battle or are in harms way, he wants them to win. I also hope Ron Paul can make Glenn Beck understand that there is no victory possible in an undeclared war where the objectives chance at the whim of the politicians running it. George Bush said it very well in his first campaign, "the purpose of using our military is to win wars".

I think this interview will be very important, and I trust that Ron Paul will do well. I hope he does exceptionally well.

William C Colley

sirachman
12-18-2007, 09:40 AM
If this happens I think we should start a pitch-in to send glenn beck about 1000 roses in appreciation!!!!!!!!!!!

thePhilosopher
12-18-2007, 09:41 AM
What time and channel is this on?

I've never watched Glenn Beck before... don't even know the name of his show.

Its just "Glenn Beck" and it airs at 7, 9, and midnight, so really its 3 hours of Ron on cable, rather than just one! :D

I've been telling everyone that Glenn is not the boogeyman that everyone is making him out to be. He calls these kinds of segments "honest questions." He's an honest guy who doesn't pretend to be objective (like Hannity, ORLY), but injects his own views into news events. I tend to agree with him on 90% of his views, and really the only disconnect may be the Iraq War. I don't think that Repubs are as attatched to their support of the war as they were in 2004, so I don't think that leaving Iraq will be the issue, but just how/when, etc. kinds of questions.

I think the foreign policy will be the sticking point. H I just heard a caller talk about Israel and foreign policy, saying "we've got to defend Israel." THIS is the kind of person we will reach tonight! I'm so amped for it!!!!!!

quickmike
12-18-2007, 09:49 AM

Wont that just make you............................................... .........stoopider? LOL

shrapnel88
12-18-2007, 09:54 AM
hopefully beck sees this as an opportunity to scoop up a lot of new viewers by giving ron a good interview.

Korey Kaczynski
12-18-2007, 09:55 AM
I think it will be positive. Beck's enemy is now Huck, and Ron Paul has been favorable to Mormonism. I doubt he'll be too unfair since Huck is the real enemy now anyways.

allyinoh
12-18-2007, 09:58 AM
I have heard Beck talk about the NAU type issues before and is opposed to that, so it could be true.

I think it will be a good interview. Beck does annoy me, but overall I think he will be fair.

I do'n think he wants to feel the wrath of the Paulites. ;)

ValidusCustodiae
12-18-2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hPKChWbbZY

Sorry if that was already posted, it's Glenn's preview of the interview. Just a monologue, he talks about how he was asked to have Ron Paul on even after he had invited Dr. Paul directly multiple times. Talks about the video invitation he then sent. Then he goes on to say that it since Dr. Paul's views are pretty complex and they're not the type that fit into short sound bytes that he is going to give the doctor plenty of time to answer real honest questions about his platform. Talks about Dr. Paul being very libertarian like himself.

If the interview is anything like Mr. Beck claims it will be, we're in business. :)

zbus12
12-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Did you even read what I typed earlier? Nowhere does it say that Christians or Muslims are trying to predict when the end times are or will be..

I was just referring to those fanciful story's that MOST ALL religions have about the end of times.

oh and do you not think that the "they will turn to fables" might be the Christian surge for Bush and Huckabee and ProWar stances that have taken place in the last 8 years?

Partially yes, but mostly due to the fanciful stories and misinterpretation the word of God of the "endtimes" argument and other man made ritualistic approaches to the worship of the true God that are CLEARLY NOT prescribed for man to do by the scriptures. Because this piece of scripture is referring to the turning of people's ears from hearing the truth that is laid out for them in the word of God. They are turning to these modern day explanations of what is going to happen when the end of time comes while playing the sorcerer trying to use the bible to "predict" the future.... and for that matter, the mind of God. It's His plan, not their mislead teachings of what He might do with HIS creation.

zbus12
12-22-2007, 11:06 PM
We are expected to recognize the season.

Mark 13: 28-37

www.shepherdschapel.com

Perfect example of a biblical misunderstading.....

28 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So you also, when you see these things happening, know that it is near—at the doors! 30 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.

It is not referring to US in this era. He was speaking to the people THAT GENERATION (past) and indeed, the people who he was speaking to saw ALL the things he was warning of with the fall of the Temple of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.

So i guess, that generation hasn't passed away yet??????

zaffa
12-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Glen Beck has already been recorded on radio saying that he only had the interview to try to trap Ron Paul into saying that he is a 9/11 conspirator. He specifically said that he was fussed at by his superiors for not building his case better before forcing him into the topic. Unfortunately for Beck, he failed miserably in his attempt, especially since Ron PAul is not a 9/11 truther. As for the rcording of him saying this, it was posted on the forums a few days ago.

zbus12
12-22-2007, 11:25 PM
How is belief in Christ as the savior and son of God not Christianity? Its a different flavor; but it [Mormonism] is still Christianity.

Who said anything about mormons??? I didn't. I simply said Glenn Beck is not a Christian. Why do I say such a thing...

Mattew 7:17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

As I understand it (please someone correct me if I'm wrong), the Mormons think in the end times Israel will be up against enemies it could not possily defend against and its destruction will be imminent; at the same time, the constitution will be "hanging by a thread." Then, when all seems lost and "evil" is about to win, Christ will come and save the day, or rather, destroy pretty much everything except those who are pure and righteous. After that, goodness will last for a thousand years.

This is exactly what I am saying, looks like, if you are correct about the mormon position, they have the plan of God ALL mapped out. How do they know the plan of God in such a nice sequential picture? The bible clearly tells us that ONLY THE FATHER KNOWS the time of the end, not even the son nor angels in heaven know. So the point is, why worry and why speculate? Do they not trust in the Lord that he will bring his people through ALL things nor forsake us? As a shepherd cares for it's sheep?

So... if we're not allied with Israel, then according to the scriptures we are wicked and our destruction is ensured.

The bible does NOT teach this. PM me if you wish to learn more. I could have a LONG debate on this issue so I guess we'll save this for Christianforums. com

ionlyknowy
12-23-2007, 12:42 AM
I was just referring to those fanciful story's that MOST ALL religions have about the end of times.

Partially yes, but mostly due to the fanciful stories and misinterpretation the word of God of the "endtimes" argument and other man made ritualistic approaches to the worship of the true God that are CLEARLY NOT prescribed for man to do by the scriptures. Because this piece of scripture is referring to the turning of people's ears from hearing the truth that is laid out for them in the word of God. They are turning to these modern day explanations of what is going to happen when the end of time comes while playing the sorcerer trying to use the bible to "predict" the future.... and for that matter, the mind of God. It's His plan, not their mislead teachings of what He might do with HIS creation.

What I have written is not a fanciful story it is what the beliefs of the two religions are.

Christians: there will be an anti christ, and a false prophet.
Islam: there will be the Imam Almahdi and the return of Jesus who will claim to only be a prophet.

The above are the beliefs of these two religions. Now to make the connection between Anti-Christ --> Imam Almahdi, and False Prophet ----> Muslim Jesus, this is where the speculation is...

Pondering this does not go against God's wishes. He said that only He knows when. Yes this is true but God also said that he who is smart will know the person who is 666.

Continued diligence in identifying this entity or person is not only justified, but is encouraged by scripture.

evandi
12-23-2007, 01:01 AM
Mormons generally claim to be Christian, but non-Mormons churches do not consider them Christian.

Pat Robertson probably endorsed Giuliani because he thought he had to choose between a Mormon and a Catholic.

I have nothing against Mormons.

dircha
12-23-2007, 01:05 AM
Glenn Beck supports Romney.

aksmith
12-23-2007, 01:14 AM
Glenn Beck is a psycho. Just listen to him long enough and you'll see clearly that he's not stable.

And he is an asshat. Trying to "trap" Ron Paul? That interview was completely lame and RP was great. IF that's Beck trying to "trap" him, how inept is he?

Beck supporting Romney is actually quite funny. When Beck calls himself a libertarian, clowns should jump out of a little car on his set and caliope music should play. He thinks he's a libertarian and he supports that tinpot fascist wannabe? Really? Romney is a Ken doll without the charisma. He and Beck should be very happy together when Romney loses the election and Beck loses his lousy show. Beck couldn't trap air in a balloon.

Omphfullas Zamboni
12-23-2007, 01:33 AM
Mormons generally claim to be Christian, but non-Mormons churches do not consider them Christian.

Ron Paul claims to be a Republican, but neoconservatives generally do not consider him Republican.

No wonder I like Ron Paul! :)

The Constitution--A Heavenly Banner (http://speeches.byu.edu/reader/reader.php?id=6985) <-- Show to all your LDS peeps.

Signed amiably,
Omphfullas Zamboni

saahmed
12-23-2007, 01:34 AM
The show is being rerun on Sunday.

evandi
12-23-2007, 01:50 AM
Ron Paul claims to be a Republican, but neoconservatives generally do not consider him Republican.

No wonder I like Ron Paul! :)

The Constitution--A Heavenly Banner (http://speeches.byu.edu/reader/reader.php?id=6985) <-- Show to all your LDS peeps.

Signed amiably,
Omphfullas Zamboni

Well, thats not a good comparison because Christianity is old and Mormons aren't going back to ancient Christianity. Mormonism sprouted from a protestant environment, added stuff, changing stuff, then calling themselves Christians. If anything Mormonism would be analogous to Neo-conservatism, in that certain people are taking the label conservative and then changing the definition of what being conservative is.

In any case, ancient Christianity was supposedly nothing like what we have today (nope it wasn't like Mormonism either).

LibertyEagle
12-23-2007, 01:54 AM
Just FYI...

Beck was the guest on a Texas radio show the morning after. The Texas host hates Ron Paul. Beck definitely wasn't speaking highly of Paul. Said he was trying to get him "on the record", or something like that. He is no friend of Dr. Paul.

zbus12
12-23-2007, 02:14 AM
What I have written is not a fanciful story it is what the beliefs of the two religions are.

Christians: there will be an anti christ, and a false prophet.

UH... No. Not this Christian anyway. Anyone who doesn't believe in Christ is "antichrist" and do we not have false prophets all around us? ie. Joel olsteen, The Farting preacher, holy water tossin heretics, Pat Robertson... need I say more.

I am not saying that these were your words from your mouth. And I understand the one view of the "endtimes" that you have pointed out. I am simply saying that, this explanation is heresy and a waste of time.

Islam: there will be the Imam Almahdi and the return of Jesus who will claim to only be a prophet.

Once again.... fables.

The above are the beliefs of these two religions. Now to make the connection between Anti-Christ --> Imam Almahdi, and False Prophet ----> Muslim Jesus, this is where the speculation is...

Maybe the mainstream neo-"christians" buy into this end times nonsense and worry themselves about it, but true biblical scholars who know the word of God know better than the "mainstream" self-anointed preachers explanation of the end times.

You should do a study in eschatology to get a more rounded view of what Christians believe. Not all Christians believe how you have put it.

http://www.fivesolas.com/esc_chrt.htm

Pondering this does not go against God's wishes. He said that only He knows when. Yes this is true but God also said that he who is smart will know the person who is 666.

So what is your interpretation of what 666 is? This ought to be good. :) The original Greek says "666 the number of MAN" now in modern translations it mostly always says "666 the number of A MAN" do you see how adding one little letter can make it sound totally different? Anyway, you should really study some eschatology to see what the differences are of the "end times"

"He who is smart"

1 Cor. 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”;

1 Cor. 2:5 That your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Continued diligence in identifying this entity or person is not only justified, but is encouraged by scripture.

I would spend MUCH more time studying the TRUE nature of God and trust that He has your life, if you are His, in His hands. This is the message we should be spreading to all who he has given understanding hear and accept. We must also continue to pray that He has mercy on this disobedient generation, myself included, that He would grant us a leader like Ron Paul and call this nation to repentance and faith so that we may continue to live in a country that respects the free practice of worshiping the one true God without persecution.

What good is worrying about how the end is coming if your end could be tomorrow?

What good does it do to live in a free country, if you spend an eternity in suffering?

Omphfullas Zamboni
12-23-2007, 02:18 AM
Well, thats not a good comparison...

Actually, it is--from an LDS perspective. (Of course, not everyone is LDS). At any rate, whenever RP defends his right to call himself a Republican, it reminds me of the times I've fought for the Christian label. (I guess that's one of the little reasons why I identify with Dr. Paul). Still, I recognize that a whole horde of people will disagree with me--and that's okay. Symantec religious squabbles will not help Ron to the White House.

It's great to see, however, so many people of different backgrounds come together to support the ideals of liberty and limited government.

Looking forward to Election Day,
Omphfullas Zamboni

Carole
12-23-2007, 02:26 AM
I would neither believe nor trust anything that awful man says after hearing him on the radio day after the big interview. :(

zbus12
12-23-2007, 02:31 AM
That radio interview was quite telling wasn't it?:mad:

zbus12
12-23-2007, 02:36 AM
Actually, it is--from an LDS perspective. (Of course, not everyone is LDS). At any rate, whenever RP defends his right to call himself a Republican, it reminds me of the times I've fought for the Christian label. (I guess that's one of the little reasons why I identify with Dr. Paul). Still, I recognize that a whole horde of people will disagree with me--and that's okay. Symantec religious squabbles will not help Ron to the White House.

It's great to see, however, so many people of different backgrounds come together to support the ideals of liberty and limited government.

Looking forward to Election Day,
Omphfullas Zamboni

yeah, I don't think it is so much as a religious squabble, as much as it is trying to clarify that not all Christians believe the way as the "mainstream" christians do. There are MAJOR differences. But yes, "the freedom message brings us together, it doesn't divide us." -Ron Paul.

Carole
12-23-2007, 02:39 AM
Is there any chance Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton dynasty is the anti-Christ? Then you would have to include all their cohorts.

Is it possible the United States (not the people of US, but the state) is the anti-Christ? The Global government? the UN? The CFR? Bilderburgs?

All I really know is I do not believe God would want us to be trying to rule the world through these wars we keep initiating.

Omphfullas Zamboni
12-23-2007, 02:41 AM
You know, before this Ron Paul thing, I wanted to start listening to AM radio talk shows to listen to what these guys have to say. I thought it would make me a better informed person...I didn't realize that media heads routinely mock the uanointed few.

It's just that, Mr. Paul doesn't seem all that 'fringe' to me. He's just a Republican who's not a jerk. Is that fringe?

RoamZero
12-23-2007, 02:43 AM
You know, before this Ron Paul thing, I wanted to start listening to AM radio talk shows to listen to what these guys have to say. I thought it would make me a better informed person...I didn't realize that media heads routinely mock the uanointed few.

It's just that, Mr. Paul doesn't seem all that 'fringe' to me. He's just a Republican who's not a jerk. Is that fringe?

It's funny because you don't see Mormon's supporting Romney called fringe Christians..

Joe3113
12-23-2007, 02:46 AM

The correct thing to say would be that he's just a Republican who's not a corporate shill.

When the MSM calls someone 'fringe', you can bet that, that person is telling the truth. You see criminals don't like people to know the truth. It's a real downer when you're trying to setup more tyranny.

zbus12
12-23-2007, 02:47 AM
Is there any chance Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton dynasty is the anti-Christ? Then you would have to include all their cohorts.

Is it possible the United States (not the people of US, but the state) is the anti-Christ? The Global government? the UN? The CFR? Bilderburgs?

All I really know is I do not believe God would want us to be trying to rule the world through these wars we keep initiating.

I agree. God warns us about when the people refuse to follow the standards of His law in electing a leader and ignorantly choose leaders who are tyrants....

I Samuel 8:11-18

This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots. And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots. And he will take your daughters to be confectioneries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers. And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants. And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants. And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work. He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants. And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day.

Omphfullas Zamboni
12-23-2007, 02:53 AM
The correct thing to say would be that he's just a Republican who's not a corporate shill.

Speaking of corporate shills, I would've never thought $20 million in one quarter would have been possible without the usual corporate fundraising tactics. And that really is amazing, when a person stops to think about it.

Carole
12-23-2007, 02:57 AM
Win what for goodness sake?

It is not possible to win a war on terror because it is not an enemy, it is s symptom, or rather a tactic. (per Ron Paul) It is a vague, intangible enemy just like the war on drugs, the war on poverty, the war on any damn intangible thing you want to name. No clear enemy, no defined goal, no victory. Simply more and more attrition and occupation. It is endless by design and serves well the purposes of those who traitorously wage it.

Saddam is gone. He was evil, but he managed through his despicable rule to keep things in check. Now it will be endless civil war there. We can never resolve the problem militarily. It is time to bring the troups home from a place we should never have been.

Fourteen air bases, Vatican sized embassy, an oil pipe line in/through Afghanistan all this for a civil war at this point!

The globalists believe the present earth/civilization is unsustainable. They do not mind that millions die. They want to reduce the population greatly. A tsunami here, hurricanes there, volcanoes and earthquakes, famines, that helps their cause a lot.

Then there are the manufactured ones: Wars, sanctions, welfare state and collapsing economy--all the while as the chosen ones collect their booty, eliminate the middle class, and reduce them to poverty to be their serfs.

All I can say is if Glenn Beck has real concerns about the thing you suggest, then he needs to have an epiphany and get on board. He does not need a ticket, just tell him to climb on board.
Better yet, he needs to understand that our economy is soon to go bust and the war will be a moot point! He will likely find that he is to become just another one of the serfs!!

the3AMgenius
12-23-2007, 03:02 AM
Ill tell you what Flood Glen Becks CNN show inbox with demands for Ron Paul to get equal opportunity publicity without the "yellow journalism" or adjustment of volume controls and bias opinions that manipulate the outcome of interviews...we don't want personalities we want "objective journalism" it seems to me that Mr. beck is concerned with his ratings therefore he will be paying more attention to his mail box
Ive got ten people to do it so far
thats 10-working towards 10,000

the3AMgenius
12-23-2007, 03:10 AM
hey! that 3AMgenius guy is like some kind-a-Einstein
I say we flood Glen Becks in-box ..................here here

Carole
12-23-2007, 03:16 AM
It was as though a totally differnt person were talking. Is he schizo? Multiple personality?