PDA

View Full Version : pledge to boycott the media that boycotts Ron Paul

jaminunit
12-18-2007, 01:15 AM
While Ron Paul (and over 50,000 credit card-wielding Americans) set historic fund raising RECORDS!!! ...the New York Times has chosen to headline (apparently) more relevant and exciting news: "Romney Again Seeks Huckabee Apology". This is Blatantly ignoring a real news worthy story and in my mind is a boycott of Ron Paul by the paper and its website.

I'M SICK OF THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA IGNORING BIG RON PAUL EVENTS!

I'm setting up a website that will collect pledges to Boycott media organisations that boycott Ron Paul.

I'm just wandering what you people think about how I set it up

I have set up a blog
http://boycott-media-pledge.blogspot.com/

but I can set up a normal website if it better suites this project.

How do you people think we should I do this.

Should we have a poll with media organizations names and people vote for the one that ignores Ron Paul stories
or
should we have a poll where people vote when ever they see a great story in a newspaper. This way people vote positively. and the loosing news orginisation at the end of 3 or six months gets a boycott bomb.

Do I put a pledge style thing up where people enter their email and then at a certain date every one that pledged will email the loosing media outlet telling them that they are being boycotted because their lack of Ron Paul cove ridge.

Hmmm What do you people think

Cheers
Josh

newyearsrevolution08
12-18-2007, 04:39 AM
Where is a list of these media outlets that are denying our President? Once we get the list together and an "accurate" one at that then we can of course go right at it from the source. I am more then happy to shut off my cable and go to local in a heart beat as well as many other things.

We however need alternatives as well as show support for those networks that show support for Ron as well.

Anyone have a list so we can then focus on. I will put it on the new money bomb site we are all getting ready for on January 1st as well.

nayjevin
07-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Good idea.

pretty women
07-21-2009, 11:11 PM
The problem is not just the exemption of Ron Paul from one debate, or Fox News' unwillingness to cover certain candidates. The channel has been bending over backwards to present a one-sided view of events. It's insulting that the media, in general, takes such a condescending view toward its own audience. The Fox network has been among the worst abusers of media bias, and this pledge should help the widespread efforts to publicize the network's many problems.

Kotin
07-21-2009, 11:27 PM
I thought this was standard anyways...

acptulsa
07-22-2009, 06:28 AM
Been there, doing that. And, yes, I hereby pledge to continue. I do listen to NPR a little, but not on any medium where I'd improve their ratings, I do not donate, and I tend to avoid any business that supports them.

The only reason I'd watch any of the rest is to find out what sponsors to boycott.

pacelli
07-22-2009, 07:02 AM
My blood pressure is doing much better since I stopped watching mainstream national network news channels. I can't stand to watch them for more than 5 minutes at a time. I figure if there is anything really important going on, I'll find it online faster, and won't have to sit through 20 minutes of bullshit.

acptulsa
07-22-2009, 07:11 AM
Honestly, every time I cross paths with a tv blaring CNN I wonder how anyone--especially anyone with a brain--can stand it. It's so smarmy, self-congratulatory and chocked full of propaganda. Hey Turner--your child sucks with loud slurping noises. Don't come looking for me--I'm liable to bitch slap you for creating that crap. And for threatening to colorize Casablanca. And for generally being an arrogant dumbass.

MsDoodahs
07-22-2009, 07:19 AM
I flip among the business channels and add the other news channels on days when Ron is hot (like right now).

Right now, for example, Dylan Rattigan on MSNBC is TALKING ABOUT RON and bringing in clips of Bernanke and even Greenspan showing how WRONG those guys are/have been. The ONLY reason I know this is, in channel flipping, he said RP would be on with him shortly. I have not left the channel on constantly and may have missed Ron, because that Obamabot dark haired woman (don't know her name, sorry) did a whole Palin bashing story. :rolleyes:

SO - I'm watching now. But typically, I would not be on MSNBC.

nayjevin
07-28-2009, 09:18 AM
My blood pressure is doing much better since I stopped watching mainstream national network news channels. I can't stand to watch them for more than 5 minutes at a time. I figure if there is anything really important going on, I'll find it online faster, and won't have to sit through 20 minutes of bullshit.

+1776

TV news becomes even more of a joke after time away from it. For those who see the television as having any degree of legitimacy, I fart in your general direction. :)