PDA

View Full Version : You know... While the money is cheap...

foofighter20x
07-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Dr Paul would tell us it's probably not the best way to go about it, but for those that can't make the full $2300 donation, have you ever considered just borrowing it (i.e. personally secured bank loan, charging it to the credit card)?

I know, I know... :( This idea goes completely against the principles of the campaign... But don't you think this is one debt that's actually worth it, even with the interest?

Really though... Getting him elected will hopefully be the death of the banking operations as we know them, and interest rates are only poised to go up...

I'd rather be free and have potentially bad credit than a slave with good credit... You know?

Or am I overthinking this? :confused:

angrydragon
07-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Don't do it unless you know you can pay the money back.

DjLoTi
07-06-2007, 06:02 PM
idk.. maybe if you really want it.. if you can afford it, have a secure job, and know you'll be able to pay on time and early, I don't see why not, give it that extra boost...

It's up to the individual to be financially responsible :)

foofighter20x
07-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Oh, I already donated the full amount for the year. I have over $30k in a Roth IRA and another $30K saved for law school...

I'm just wondering about the ethics behind maybe suggesting other people do this...

BLS
07-06-2007, 06:11 PM
I'll tell you what...

If we can get 10,000 people who will sign up and agree to do the same, you can count me in to put it on a credit card.

That alone would give him $23,000,000 and make him a MAJOR player.

briatx
07-06-2007, 06:11 PM
People should give what they can handle, no more, no less.

I borrowed a bit on the card to get more in before end Q2, but I know I have funds coming that will pay for it.

Instead of borrowing, its better suggest spending cuts. Bring your lunch instead of buying. That could be 5x20= 100$ a month right there. I don't think I need to mention anything about starbucks coffee... :P

foofighter20x
07-06-2007, 06:13 PM
I'll tell you what...

If we can get 10,000 people who will sign up and agree to do the same, you can count me in to put it on a credit card.

Not to mention it would be a complete irony.

The banks loaning the funds to the man that would shut them down. :D :cool:

quickmike
07-06-2007, 06:15 PM
"Freedom Fighter sells his house to support President Ron Paul "

need I say more?

paulitics
07-06-2007, 06:17 PM
I'll tell you what...

why don't we do that? can this be organized? We are talking about our freedoms here. I would donate this amount as well even though I have nothing. 23,000,000 will buy a revolution at the very least, and this money can wake enough people up to stop this ensuing fascist state.

Quantumystic
07-06-2007, 06:20 PM
I tried to get an answer on a different thread.

My wife and I own a small new business. I believe EACH of us can, as individuals, contribute $2,300 equaling $4,600.

What about the business? Limits on a business making contributions?

And what if we incorporated additional businesses? Would those be able to contribute as well?

BLS
07-06-2007, 06:22 PM
why don't we do that? can this be organized? We are talking about our freedoms here. I would donate this amount as well even though I have nothing. 23,000,000 will buy a revolution at the very least, and this money can wake enough people up to stop this ensuing fascist state.

I was dead serious. Look....I'm 36, single and have no kids.
I own a home that pinches my pocket book in a big way...BUT...$2300 ain't gonna kill me. It's like the guy above said. Brown bag a lunch, eliminate your movie channels (it'll give you more time to spread the word)...whatever.

$23,000,000 would be equal to about $100,000,000 for any other candidate because he has to spend very little.

He could run NUMEROUS Super Bowl ads. Think about THAT. Everybody watches the Super Bowl. That's hitting about 200 Million Americans at a time.

foofighter20x
07-06-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm under the distinct impression that corporations are specifically prohibited from donating directly to candidates.

BLS
07-06-2007, 06:23 PM

My wife and I own a small new business. I believe EACH of us can, as individuals, contribute $2,300 equaling $4,600.

And what if we incorporated additional businesses? Would those be able to contribute as well?

I really don't know that. I know you and your spouse can each give $2300, but I'm not really sure about the corporation. I would ask your tax accountant...he'll know for sure.

Ann Kobialka
07-06-2007, 06:29 PM
If you have employees, give them a $2,500 bonus and suggest they send $2,300 in to the campaign Ann

quickmike
07-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Corporations are not allowed to contribute to the presidential campaign......... period. But like the last post said, if you own a corp. you can give a bonus to your employees with the understanding that they will give part of it to the campaign.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-06-2007, 07:23 PM

Quantum, at least two of us answered you on the other thread. No to the business, yes to kids, each of you 2,300 for pre-nomination and each $2,300 for general election. Go the the last page, or the next to last page of the other thread.

Here's the page: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5806&page=26
And go back one page where another guy answered.

Original_Intent
07-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Quantum, at least two of us answered you on the other thread. No to the business, yes to kids, each of you 2,300 for pre-nomination and each $2,300 for general election. Go the the last page, or the next to last page of the other thread.

Scribbler, the campaign donation site says no to the kids unless they are over 16 years old and the money is not a gift, or under the control of any other person.