View Full Version : Huckabee and the Floating Cross

aknappjr
12-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Someone's got to do a parody of this. It was on Drudge labeled "Floating Cross"

Not too subtle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xn7uSHtkuA

aknappjr
12-18-2007, 07:12 AM
Now Paul was asked about it on Fox and Friends. A tasteful Parody is in order.

Magsec
12-18-2007, 07:15 AM
He's gaining some weight on the campaign trail, just as subtle as his cross-pane.

Keith
12-18-2007, 07:18 AM
How did Ron Paul respond?

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 07:19 AM
How did Ron Paul respond?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrkltetQ0x4

:)

burningfur
pander.

Joey Wahoo
Its the muntins on a window pane, for crying out loud.

there's plenty to hit Huck on, but this "floating cross" thing seems ridiculous to me.

Ibtz
12-18-2007, 07:20 AM
I mean, It IS Christmas, after all.

ThomasJ
12-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Dr. Paul said it reminded him of a quote "when Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and holding a cross"

pwned

Joey Wahoo
12-18-2007, 07:22 AM
Dr. Paul said it reminded him of a quote "when Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and holding a cross"

pwned

He also said he hadn't looked into carefully.

Huck is a borrow and spend liberal, who wears his religion on his sleeve to pander for votes. He is not a fascist.

pikerz
12-18-2007, 07:23 AM
you're just giving huckabee free attention.

counter-productive, imho.

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 07:24 AM

there's plenty to hit Huck on, but this "floating cross" thing seems ridiculous to me.

You must be kidding! No way this was an accident. That's ok, his choice. But, it was no accident.

pikerz
12-18-2007, 07:24 AM
something about his core supporters-- they unite when they have a common enemy, but on issues of substance they crumble and easily divide.

by offering them a common enemy, you strengthen them.

by sticking to issues of substance, you destroy them.

Joey Wahoo
12-18-2007, 07:28 AM
something about his core supporters-- they unite when they have a common enemy, but on issues of substance they crumble and easily divide.

by offering them a common enemy, you strengthen them.

by sticking to issues of substance, you destroy them.

exactly. we'll win no votes in Iowa or anywhere else by calling Huck a fascist and getting in a lather about "floating crosses"

Lets hit him on tax policy, and his vision of an expanded nanny state and perpetual war.

Keith
12-18-2007, 07:29 AM
Wow. Ron Paul totally owned him with that Sinclair Lewis quote.

"When fascism comes to this country, it will be wrapped in the flag carrying a cross"

This is the perfect response to the Huckster's shell game.

Dave Wood
12-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Can anyone answer this? What do you think the reason was for RP to say he was in Des Moines Ia at the beginning? It made him look out of touch.

I think they set him up by asking him in his earpiece, "where are you today" and then proceeded with "thats good, thats good" like they were talking to a child.

These people are real monsters. If anyone has any doubt left that Faux news is "The Fascist Broadcasting Network" then they are hopeless.

murrayrothbard
12-18-2007, 07:39 AM
exactly. we'll win no votes in Iowa or anywhere else by calling Huck a fascist...his vision of an expanded nanny state and perpetual war.

Which is exactly what makes him a fascist. That and his "one nation" bound in "honor" position, and support for massive government control of the economy. Huckabee is a fascist. So are most of the others. Fascism has nothing to do with putting people in gas chambers.

Keith
12-18-2007, 07:39 AM
I think they set him up by asking him in his earpiece, "where are you today" and then proceeded with "thats good, thats good" like they were talking to a child.

I was thinking the same thing.

Adamsa
12-18-2007, 07:40 AM
He's flaunting Christianity more than Pat Robertson did.

micahnelson
12-18-2007, 07:44 AM
http://www.micahnelson.com/?p=140

I wrote this article that connects Huckabee to Richard Haas. It doesn't get into conspiracy theories (even though Haas is the President of the CFR). It just shows, with sources, that Huckabee is getting advice from Haas and shows Haas' view of globalization. I would really like to get this dugg if possible. I think conservative christians, many of whom are against globalism (antichrist... so on so forth) would really like to see where huckabee is getting his information.

As an aside, huckabee starts getting subliminal ads, an unexplained media bump, the President of the CFR as his adviser, and Reagan's former campaign chair all in two weeks? impressive for someone who has raised about 25 dollars.

Hook
12-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Yeah, ron looked disoriented. I wonder if he is feeling sick.

wgadget
12-18-2007, 07:45 AM

Yeah, what a big, fat, hairy coincidence, too.

Joey Wahoo
12-18-2007, 07:46 AM
Which is exactly what makes him a fascist. That and his "one nation" bound in "honor" position, and support for massive government control of the economy. Huckabee is a fascist. So are most of the others. Fascism has nothing to do with putting people in gas chambers.

For the last 30 years or so, "fascist" has become a liberal buzzword to attack anything proposed by a conservative.

You are correct that a massive controlling gov't engaged in perpetual war is indicative of fascism, throwing around charges of fascism won't win any votes.

Adamsa
12-18-2007, 07:48 AM
Huckabee is a control freak, a fascist he is not. Ron wasn't calling Huck a fascist, but he was saying how you can wrap just about anything up with a cross on it and the Christian Right will fawn over it.

murrayrothbard
12-18-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm sorry but National Greatness Conservatism = Fascism. Why not just tell it like it is?

Joey Wahoo
12-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Huckabee is a control freak, a fascist he is not. Ron wasn't calling Huck a fascist, but he was saying how you can wrap just about anything up with a cross on it and the Christian Right will fawn over it.

Exactly.

But I think we have to get the big picture in mind. The big picture requires us to have a strong showing in Iowa. We're working hard to promote RP's message to evangelical Christians. This is not the time to suggest that having a cross-shaped window frame in the background of a Christmas-card commercial is the same as "bringing fascism to this country."

Stealth4
12-18-2007, 07:58 AM
For the last 30 years or so, "fascist" has become a liberal buzzword to attack anything proposed by a conservative.

You are correct that a massive controlling gov't engaged in perpetual war is indicative of fascism, throwing around charges of fascism won't win any votes.

I agree. I think if RP was feeling better he wouldn't have said that.

Dave Wood
12-18-2007, 07:59 AM
JUst thought of something...RP did not say Huck "was selling fascism" or anything near it....he simply pointed out that it is dangerous to use such things in political commercials, thus RP wouldnt do it. RP said Huck implies he is the only Christian "holier than thou" by advertising that way. The faux people completely lost it...you could see it in their responses.....and watch Brian Kilmeade wipe the sweat off of his palms "body language wise" when they go to break.

literatim
12-18-2007, 08:00 AM
People need to know what fascism is.

Fascism, as Mussolini put it, is the perfect blend of corporations and the state.

Dave Wood
12-18-2007, 08:02 AM
People need to know what fascism is.

Fascism, as Mussolini put it, is the perfect blend of corporations and the state.

You are right. He also said it really should be known as "corporatism"

allyinoh
12-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Can anyone answer this? What do you think the reason was for RP to say he was in Des Moines Ia at the beginning? It made him look out of touch.

I noticed this as well. And Steve Douche-y was like, "Oh okay thanks.."

This blatant stuff is really annoying me.. angering more like it.