PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Fighter sells his house to support President Ron Paul

angrydragon
07-06-2007, 05:02 PM
How committed is this guy to the cause of liberty for his kids and grandkids.

http://blog.lewrockwell.com/lewrw/archives/013965.html

July 06, 2007
The House He Lives in Really Is America to Him
Posted by Mike Tennant at July 6, 2007 03:21 PM

A member of the Pittsburgh Ron Paul Meetup Group, who wishes to be known here merely as "Freedom Fighter," wrote the following to the members of our group today:

I am 60 years old. I have always voted for smaller government and to uphold the Constitution. I have never gotten what I voted for. Today I put my home up for sale. I am taking the proceeds and going to spend it promoting Ron Paul. That is the best way to spend my grandchildren's inheritance. They will benefit more by having President Ron Paul than having $100,000 of fiat money. Our lives, our fortunes, our sacred honor. The Revolution has begun.

Now that's putting your money where your mouth is!

Original_Intent
07-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Once again I am humbled and shamed at how much some people are willing to do, and how relatively little I am doing :(

GoRonPaul
07-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Awesome! This is the kind of stuff we need! Supporters doing over-the-top, but positive things, for the Paul campaign. Stories like this in MSM can make Dr. Paul a household name...

MusoSpuso
07-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Wow...just...wow

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Did anyone tell him he can't contribute $100,000? He's going to have to find 43 friends to give the money to so they may contribute, and that's technically illegal, thanks to the Constitution-burning McCain, enemy of free speech. Oh, did you all realize Fred Thompson was essential to getting McCain-Feingold passed and is another Constitution trampler? But I've digressed . . .

angrydragon
07-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I think he knows.

american.swan
07-06-2007, 05:16 PM
He can use the money in many many ways. Pay for his own advertising.

Or he could give the money to the libratarian party and they give it to paul in some way.

There are a lot of things he can do with it

JoshLowry
07-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Did anyone tell him he can't contribute $100,000? He's going to have to find 43 friends to give the money to so they may contribute, and that's technically illegal

I am taking the proceeds and going to spend it promoting Ron Paul.He isn't donating it. :)

Lord Xar
07-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Someone should post this on his Myspace and other public sites of Ron Pauls.

walt
07-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Did anyone tell him he can't contribute $100,000? He's going to have to find 43 friends to give the money to so they may contribute, and that's technically illegal, thanks to the Constitution-burning McCain, enemy of free speech. Oh, did you all realize Fred Thompson was essential to getting McCain-Feingold passed and is another Constitution trampler? But I've digressed . . .

Might want to read that again :D

BLS
07-06-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm posting this on EVERY message board I'm on.

shrugged0106
07-06-2007, 05:47 PM
while I'm hopeful that I'm wrong, I'm getting a vibe that says potential BS here. I hope I actually can see it come out publicaly in a huge way if legit though.

angrydragon
07-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Anyone from the Pittsburgh Ron Paul Meetup Group?
I think they could confirm it.

RonPaulCult
07-06-2007, 06:15 PM
I am from the Pittsburgh meetup group and I did see this in my e-mail today but here is how I took it........

The person who sent the e-mail had copied and pasted the ABC story complete with all of the comments. I saw that comment earlier on the ABC page so I thought the person sending the e-mail was highlighting that comment (it was at the top of the e-mail before he pasted the abc story and comments though).

Could it be that this person selling his home is from Pittsburgh and I met him last week at our meetup? If so that is awesome!