PDA

View Full Version : No more money bombs - instead, $20M by December 31st.

mokkan88
12-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Most of us are drained in our capacity to give money to the campaign after yesterday.

Still there are a lot of people who are trying to set up more money bombs, but it is unlikely we'll be able organize enough people who haven't maxxed out to pull off a newsworthy money bomb before the primaries. Meanwhile, there are a lot of people who also want to break $20 million for the quarter. The latter, in my opinion, seems more doable.

But rather than setting it up as a money bomb, we should just make it a leisurely goal. We have thirteen days to raise ~$1.6 million.

Thoughts?

Buzz
12-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I think this is a given.

eluminated
12-17-2007, 11:11 PM
you are right, I think a nice conservative goal is better for now. It really is too early for planning the next one, especially with the holidays. But we should do something simpler besides the $20 mil just to rub it in "their" faces. Like maybe send holiday cards, one a person, but thousands of us, to Bill O'reilly or something! what does a stamp cost? that should be easy!

Alex Libman
12-17-2007, 11:13 PM
I think the goal should be to beat Romney's Q1 record of $21,084,634. We just passed $18.3 mil for Q4, so would need to top off $2,784,634 by Dec 31st. This will mean we've raised more money than any other Republican in any quarter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_for_the_2008_presidential_election), and unlike our opponents we didn't have to get loans and/or sell our souls to the devil to do it!

CableNewsJunkie
12-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Get a lot of people to do small weekly donations like at www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com

$25/week x 40,000 donors = $1 Million / week

mokkan88
12-18-2007, 02:32 AM
The moneybombers donate $100/week, yes?

xexkxex
12-18-2007, 02:35 AM
It's all in my signature ;)

vendetta
12-18-2007, 03:11 AM
The appeal of money bombs lies in it's rarity. If you organize a money bomb every 15-30 days you are loosing it's appeal, it's rush, it's importance. I suggest we organize money bombs only to achieve a goal not for the hell of it. We achieved our goals so far with the previous money bombs,
1) Broke numerous records of single day money raised
2) Achieved 4th quater 12M Goal
3) Got Media Attention (not as much as we would love to)

So I voted for 20 million goal by the end of the quarter, instead of yet another money bomb. If campaign says they are need for urgent money we can organize one again.

Please no more money bombs. You are missing the point here. (to people who are for money bombs).

pavs

Arek
12-18-2007, 08:02 AM
I think the media did a good job covering the money bomb today actually. Ron got on all the morning shows and has his interview with Glenn Beck tonight.

PatriotOne
12-18-2007, 08:11 AM
I whole heartily agree we need a 20M quarter for quarterly reporting effect. How to get there is up for grabs though. I'm leaning towards a mini bomb of $50.00 per person. Only about 30k of people needed and sounds doable. Perhaps somewhere between X-Mas and New Years.

hellah10
12-18-2007, 09:02 AM
we need letter writing bombs - door knocking bombs... good ol volunteer work :)

CelestialRender
12-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Absolutely. The money bomb idea is tired, it should be put to bed.

Now, we need to focus on one BIG PUSH for $20 million, and then a steady stream.

Captain Shays
12-18-2007, 09:12 AM
I already give $25 per week. Have been from the beginning in addition to contributing to money bombs, and buying stuff for signs, bumper stickers and having campaign materials printed.

It makes me wonder how much this campaign is really raising. There must be millions of more dollars we're all spending on our own which never seems to be considered. Just a can of good paint is $3.00. Then, you've got the sign material, the stncils and the time you spend putting all over the place. This all must be adding a few million to what we've given in dollars.

merrimac
12-18-2007, 09:30 AM
I agree that having just a 20 million dollar goal is something that we can rally around. There's no point in having a money bomb and it would pale in comparison with the $6 million (our wallets need a chance to recoup before we can think about several million dollar money bombs again).

You might want to consider making some sort of catch-phrase. With November 5th there was "remember remember" with December 16th there was "Liberty is Brewing" so maybe there should be a catchy phrase for 20 million dollars and spread it around the Internet so all the Ron Paul supporters know about it.

bolidew
12-19-2007, 01:10 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58397