PDA

View Full Version : How will they spin Q4 numbers?

Mandrik
12-17-2007, 11:04 PM
I know the media has been pretty silent on the 6 million dollar day, but the end of the quarter is approaching. A lot of the talk will center on who raised the most money. At that point it will be completely impossible to ignore RP.

I think even with our huge $ amounts, they will still spin this to make RP bad. On the other hand, this could give us the surge we need, and at the perfect time, if they spend a ton of time talking about RP. Honestly, I'm just not sure, but I have a feeling they will make it sound like $20 million dollars isn't as great as it may look due to us raising "over half of that in only two days." MSM is good at what they do, unfortunately, so I'm guessing they will make it sound like it's not that impressive.

TheNewYorker
12-17-2007, 11:07 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=57835

PimpBlimp
12-17-2007, 11:07 PM
They simply won't talk about the numbers. They will divert to poll percentages or how many push-ups Chuck Norris can do with the HuckMan standing on his back.

InRonWeTrust
12-17-2007, 11:08 PM
They will simply sweep it under the rug.

rfbz
12-17-2007, 11:09 PM
it seems to me that the problem is a lack of coverage rather than spin. Hard to spin anything about Ron Paul if you don't even mention him.

Mani
12-17-2007, 11:09 PM
By IGNORING THEM.

Iowa will already be over by the time 4th Q is released, NH will be on over unless some campaigns release the numbers early.

They will ignore it and only talk about Iowa and NH, the 4th Q numbers will be a footnote.

curtisag
12-17-2007, 11:12 PM
They will note that the 4th quarter is always historically the lowest quarter for primary fundraising. The other top tier candidates raised their cash early in the year, when it could be put to the most productive use.

pikerz
12-17-2007, 11:14 PM
They will ignore the numbers. They only talk up facts that support their own agenda.

What I believe we need is a national effort to get as many boots on the ground as possible in Iowa. If that means taking your christmas vacation there, then lets do it.

Alex Libman
12-17-2007, 11:24 PM
If they can't ignore us they'll say a core group of Ron Paul donors were brainwashed by the Gay Muslim White-Power Communist French Polygamist Raelians to give up all their worldly possessions before suicide-bombing the Grand Canyon...

Perry
12-17-2007, 11:26 PM
I'll tell you the biggest spin. Romney will loan himself as much cash as it takes to pass Ron Paul in fund raising.

Primbs
12-17-2007, 11:33 PM
They will ignore the fundraising numbers. However, if we have a big presence in the early states the local media will cover it. Especially if there is a blimp in New Hampshire or Iowa for an extended time.

Goldwater Conservative
12-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Sure seems like the powers that be are trying to take things back to the "ignore you" level because the "laugh at you" level backfired and they couldn't find enough dirt on Paul for the "attack you" level. They sure as hell don't want to take it to the "you win" level.

fletcher
12-18-2007, 12:01 AM
By IGNORING THEM.

Iowa will already be over by the time 4th Q is released, NH will be on over unless some campaigns release the numbers early.

They will ignore it and only talk about Iowa and NH, the 4th Q numbers will be a footnote.

Yep. They won't care about the money once there are actual vote totals. Finally the old media will be doing something right.

Bradley in DC
12-18-2007, 12:22 AM
we'll be voting by then. That will be the bigger story.