PDA

View Full Version : Wear Ron Paul shirt to voting booth to ensure our vote is counted?

Nihilist23
12-17-2007, 10:53 PM
A caller on C-Span this morning (without mentioning Ron Paul's name) proposed that we all wear a shirt of the candidate we support, so that cameras can document how many people there were that supported a certain candidate. This would be a check against manipulation of electronic vote results, and it would be a way to prove hacking/manipulation.

A large percentage of Ron Paul supporters think this is a legitimate concern. Even the Old Media is reporting on this now, and Ohio is moving to ban electronic voting.

I need feedback on this. Please do not move this to "Hot" Topics.

SonicInfinity
12-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Hmm...No.

hawkeyenick
12-17-2007, 11:03 PM
bad bad bad idea

OptionsTrader
12-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Bad idea if you want to become a delegate.

curtisag
12-17-2007, 11:04 PM
No, this gives them a clear warning sign that they MUST rig the election to stop Ron. Whereas if we don't wear anything, they go on with their ignorant bliss that Ron has no chance.

AFTFNJ
12-17-2007, 11:05 PM
I was planning to wear RP shirt to the poll anyway, so i could say people up till the last second.

RonPaulCult
Illegal in some locations I do believe

Also if they want to fix the vote against Ron Paul you would help draw attention to who is going into the booth and voting for him

Bad idea

AtomiC
BAD idea, the higher-ups would rig it for sure then.

Arkris
12-17-2007, 11:08 PM
I don't think its legal, in some locations at least.

I think there is a restriction on campaigning within a certain distance of a polling place at the time of the election. You might get turned away.

Nihilist23
12-17-2007, 11:10 PM
No, this gives them a clear warning sign that they MUST rig the election to stop Ron. Whereas if we don't wear anything, they go on with their ignorant bliss that Ron has no chance.

Illegal in some locations I do believe

Also if they want to fix the vote against Ron Paul you would help draw attention to who is going into the booth and voting for him

Bad idea

I'm not an expert on the subject, but couldn't one form of manipulation take place after all the votes have been entered?

Or, theoretically, couldn't the system automatically redirect a certain percentage of Ron Paul votes to another candidate?

I understand your concern, but I see the reverse as an equal danger.

Granted this is the only potential solution I have come across so far, and I did not realize it might be illegal in some areas, so I would be open to other ideas. We need to address this somehow though, as long as electronic voting is being used.

The best hackers will all tell you that nothing is 100% secure. I'm not implying a conspiracy theory at all, but this is generally a true statement, so we should assume the worst and take precautions somehow.

westmich4paul
12-17-2007, 11:11 PM
This is not allowed in Michigan. You cannot wear any political wear at all. I think they can stop you from voting if you do .

pikerz
I dont see how this is a bad idea, or how wearing a t-shirt can be considered illegal in any respect.

coffeewithchess
It is illegal in places, Louisiana and North Carolina as well. You cannot wear any political gear going into the voting booth.

PimpBlimp
12-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Bad idea and illegal in most places. Look clean and respectable when voting for Ron Paul if at all possible.

rfbz
12-17-2007, 11:14 PM
A caller on C-Span this morning (without mentioning Ron Paul's name) proposed that we all wear a shirt of the candidate we support, so that cameras can document how many people there were that supported a certain candidate.

First of all that would be a very unrealistic way to tally the votes for each candidate, as only a small percentage would participate in doing that. Second, it's a secret ballot for a reason, no one should have to make it publicly known who they voted for.