PDA

View Full Version : Face The Facts

dspectre
12-17-2007, 10:53 PM
I come on the boards and I hear this whining about how the "MSM" won't acknowledge us etc and what we need to do about it.

Let's just get these facts straight:

1. Stop calling these people the MSM. I'm soo sick of this. This term implies they have some sort of credibility. They don't. If you haven't seen why they don't, then you need to think hard about this.

2. The Old Media is a group of private institutions that are closely linked to the government. Let me stress this again. They are PRIVATE. That means they are going to do what they want to do regardless of what other people do. Protesting is going to have a minimal effect on them.

3. The lack of acknowledgement regarding today's events should be a clear message about how the old media feel about Ron Paul. They are clearly against him and could care less about the facts that surround him.

So, the counter argument maybe, "They do matter, because they need to be persuaded so other people will come to our side." Let me ask you a simple question, do you think a propaganda machine is going to be persuaded to a movement that it clearly does not want? Think again.

There is going to be virtually no accomplishment that is going to make these people acknowledge Ron Paul. Period. You could have half the United States give to Ron Paul and it wouldn't matter.

It's fine to want to protest the Old Media, but don't expect much.

So, you say, how do beat this? By doing what we are doing right now. The fact that they don't report on the Tea Party and don't report on other events shows that they are nothing but a tool. People can be stupid, but they aren't always stupid. Each event they don't report just erodes their credibility little by little. Eventually, people are just going to stop trusting these people and stop believing what they say and do.

The fact of the matter is: WE ARE WINNING. If we are making people deny and ridicule something that is true and real, then they are the ridiculous ones. It's pathetic they are resorting to these tactics, but they have very little ground to stand. So, get it through your head: WE ARE WINNING.

SonicInfinity
12-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Hmm...No.

dspectre
12-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Hmm...No.

No, what?

LibertyForAll
12-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Yes we are winning...I agree with the thread starter. Focus all that energy into something productive for the Ron Paul campaign. The Old Media is Private, and won't bend.

Real_CaGeD
12-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Face the facts, it is the Party leadership that is doing the "gate keeping".

dspectre
12-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Face the facts, it is the Party leadership that is doing the "gate keeping".

I don't really see how this is relevant. Do you think if you persuaded the party leadership that this will change the situation?

davidkachel
12-17-2007, 11:09 PM
...The fact that they don't report on the Tea Party and don't report on other events shows that they are nothing but a tool. People can be stupid, but they aren't always stupid. Each event they don't report just erodes their credibility little by little. Eventually, people are just going to stop trusting these people and stop believing what they say and do...

Do you realize what you said??

'If the MSM fails to report on RP often enough, people will get wise". How can they catch on to something they know absolutely nothing about because it DIDN'T GET REPORTED!!!

linusPAULing
12-17-2007, 11:10 PM
dspectre,

You're absolutely right. We now have an army of over 80,000 motivated meetup group members, and we're growing exponentially. We have the power to reach people directly, without the media.

We need to keep writing letters to IA, NH, and SC, canvasing our neighborhoods, supporting the blimp, and bombarding every corner of the internet. I personally think we need a new hook or another fund raiser, because it keeps US focused.

We can beat the media by making them irrelevant.

Now on to my 5th handwritten letter of the day. :)

justinc.1089
12-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Ok thats true and nice but what about the stupid sheep doing what they say?

We need some sheep on our side or we are going to have a very tough time gaining enough votes to beat these other people. We need fair coverage.

We don't need the old media on our side, we just need to be on television on the old media programs not just commercials because there are lots of people that will not vote for Paul because they assume if he is not on the media he does not have a chance to win.

Thats the truth, and thats why we need fair coverage.

But I also agree a rally will have little impact. It can't hurt though.

dspectre
12-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Do you realize what you said??

'If the MSM fails to report on RP often enough, people will get wise". How can they catch on to something they know absolutely nothing about because it DIDN'T GET REPORTED!!!

Word of mouth, and hopefully the campaign will start using advertisements. If the news fails to report the news, how can you trust the news?

Ratings on television are getting really low. People who watch television don't really pay that close attention, notice how mindless it is? The old media is losing relevance one day at a time.

therealjjj77
12-17-2007, 11:16 PM
I come on the boards and I hear this whining about how the "MSM" won't acknowledge us etc and what we need to do about it.

Let's just get these facts straight:

1. Stop calling these people the MSM. I'm soo sick of this. This term implies they have some sort of credibility. They don't. If you haven't seen why they don't, then you need to think hard about this.

2. The Old Media is a group of private institutions that are closely linked to the government. Let me stress this again. They are PRIVATE. That means they are going to do what they want to do regardless of what other people do. Protesting is going to have a minimal effect on them.

3. The lack of acknowledgement regarding today's events should be a clear message about how the old media feel about Ron Paul. They are clearly against him and could care less about the facts that surround him.

So, the counter argument maybe, "They do matter, because they need to be persuaded so other people will come to our side." Let me ask you a simple question, do you think a propaganda machine is going to be persuaded to a movement that it clearly does not want? Think again.

There is going to be virtually no accomplishment that is going to make these people acknowledge Ron Paul. Period. You could have half the United States give to Ron Paul and it wouldn't matter.

It's fine to want to protest the Old Media, but don't expect much.

So, you say, how do beat this? By doing what we are doing right now. The fact that they don't report on the Tea Party and don't report on other events shows that they are nothing but a tool. People can be stupid, but they aren't always stupid. Each event they don't report just erodes their credibility little by little. Eventually, people are just going to stop trusting these people and stop believing what they say and do.

The fact of the matter is: WE ARE WINNING. If we are making people deny and ridicule something that is true and real, then they are the ridiculous ones. It's pathetic they are resorting to these tactics, but they have very little ground to stand. So, get it through your head: WE ARE WINNING.

Here is a way to affect them:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58340

This doesn't require spending time or money. This is simply about eliminating their control over the market. You do that by getting a percentage of their customers to not do business with them. This step has got to be taken or we will be stuck with them on through to inauguration and after.

Suppose you are netflix. You get a letter stating that you are being boycotted by 1.3 million people. It explains that this is because you advertise with FOX NEWS(or pick one) and since we do not support FOX NEWS bias toward Ron Paul, we will boycott you as long as you advertise with them. However, these are alternative stations you can advertise with.

By receiving a letter and verifying it's factuality, you will be very likely to change who you advertise with. Then we allow those media outlets that cover Ron Paul in a proper light to have more business, and those who don't to have less business. Not every company will change, but enough will to make an impact.

Real_CaGeD
12-17-2007, 11:18 PM
I don't really see how this is relevant. Do you think if you persuaded the party leadership that this will change the situation?

This is a primary for the Republican party.

The nomination goes to whome will be the potential President (Head of their party).

We must sell Ron Paul as the Head of the Republican Party.

Ron Paul is truly conservative in every area. The grassroots is off the mark. It is time to campaign to the GOP.

dspectre
12-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Ok thats true and nice but what about the stupid sheep doing what they say?

We need some sheep on our side or we are going to have a very tough time gaining enough votes to beat these other people. We need fair coverage.

We don't need the old media on our side, we just need to be on television on the old media programs not just commercials because there are lots of people that will not vote for Paul because they assume if he is not on the media he does not have a chance to win.

Thats the truth, and thats why we need fair coverage.

But I also agree a rally will have little impact. It can't hurt though.

I do agree, we need some just normal people. However, most people don't even vote in the primaries cause they don't think it is as important as the general election.

As far as being on TV RP is going to have to mostly take care of that. Outside of grass roots making commercials of course.

We aren't going to get fair coverage. It's against their financial interest. That's just the bottom line. It's not fair, but that is how it is.

dspectre
12-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Here is a way to affect them:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58340

This doesn't require spending time or money. This is simply about eliminating their control over the market. You do that by getting a percentage of their customers to not do business with them. This step has got to be taken or we will be stuck with them on through to inauguration and after.

Suppose you are netflix. You get a letter stating that you are being boycotted by 1.3 million people. It explains that this is because you advertise with FOX NEWS(or pick one) and since we do not support FOX NEWS bias toward Ron Paul, we will boycott you as long as you advertise with them. However, these are alternative stations you can advertise with.

By receiving a letter and verifying it's factuality, you will be very likely to change who you advertise with. Then we allow those media outlets that cover Ron Paul in a proper light to have more business, and those who don't to have less business. Not every company will change, but enough will to make an impact.

I think it is good to protest in this way, and I think we need to send a message.

I think the media's attitude is that they will hunker down and people will get over it once this Ron Paul stuff goes away. Since some of these outlets are subsidiaries of the bigger company, they can afford a loss as long as they are promoting their financial interest by and large.

As long as it doesn't hurt you from supporting Paul, then go for it, but just don't let it make you lose focus.

Goldwater Conservative
12-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Corporate Media, Dinosaur Media (or Media-saurus), and isolationist are my favorite terms to describe the so-called MSM.

amonasro
12-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Good post. The Old Media exists in their own private world with their "front-runner" creations, talking Barbie Doll mouthpieces, and "educated" political pundits reporting fantastical stories that matter very little in the real world. They still have value as a form of entertainment, but not as news and certainly not as journalism.

Anyone with internet and half a brain realizes how insignificant the Old Media is becoming and how technology is changing the way we get news. The Ron Paul Revolution is a perfect example: The first Presidential campaign to fully harness the power of the New Media. The Real Media. Our Media.