PDA

View Full Version : The Money Stream: supporting local, targeted, or activity-based publicity

JustAnotherV
12-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Forgive me if you think this is lame, because I am brainstorming but I feel there is some merit here. It’s a different kind of fundraising and use of our money to support the campaign in ways it can’t really manage on it’s own.

There has been some speculation about whether/when there should be another money bomb, and a lot of us feel like there will be diminishing returns from too many and also that now is the time for more ACTION as well. ... but there are still donations happening, maxed out donors, new donors looking for a target, and projects that need funding. So I have an idea about that, but I am not sure how what the best way to facilitate it is.

I've seen a lot of chip-in's and alternate publicity ideas. A few off the top of my heard:

- The blimp
- USA today
- Arab Americans for Ron Paul
- High Times
- Local papers
- Jeremiah Black ads
- Hosting people in NH
- Lots of other stuff I totally forgot or missed

Personally I think this is great, and there should be more creative and targeted advertising going on, for the same reason that calling and canvassing is important. The more personal, close, and real of a connection we make with voters the more the will really consider Ron Paul. Voters are also much more likely to investigate and also even forgive some disagreements if it turns out that Ron is the primary candidate in their corner on one of their most important issues.

The grass roots supporters have a pulse on their communities and who cares about what issues. This is information that centralized campaigns like most of the others have a hard time fully gathering or executing on. This puts us in a good position to leverage the wealth of knowledge each person has.

However, not everyone is on the forum. There is only so much traffic here and so much extra stuff people can read through while looking for a cause to help.

So instead of the next great money bomb site (which we can also do later if necessary (MLK, etc.), maybe a site could be set up to list and categorize a variety of chip-ins and publicity ideas. That way supporters can list their ideas for venues and issues, look for causes of areas they might want to pitch into, or share and submit designs for ads to run, etc.

This would allow us to effectively channel the revenue “stream” to all sorts of good causes and get really close to home with people. As long as it promotes the Paul platform, it’s fair game. And with the amount of money coming in, it would seem like we would have a really good shot at hitting some local media pretty hard at a low cost, maybe giving a bump from in the polls there, while tailoring (but not altering) Ron’s message to the various areas. The campaign is not as adroit in their targeting that way

If not a full site, maybe page somewhere or just some varied/increased use and promotion of the project boards to funnel ideas and money would work. I’d like to hear some feedback on this though because there is not much time to get it up and operational and take advantage of it.

JustAnotherV
12-18-2007, 09:53 PM
No thoughts at all?