PDA

View Full Version : i know it's a little long but.....Jan 12th?

eluminated
12-17-2007, 10:21 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not for nothin guys but, Nov.5th worked because of the movie, Dec.16th worked because of the original Tea Party...but Jan 10th? Most people, and probably more than that, have NO IDEA who Thomas Paine was! So we would actually have to create US History classes just to get people up to speed, let alone motivated to donate! I think, that if we want to have another big day (am I the only one who doesn't care much for the term "money bomb"?) at the beginning of the year a better option would be the 12th. John Hancock's B-day. At least the majority of people are somewhat familiar with who he is.
Secondly, I've read "Common Sense" and it doesn't quite flow as easily as the title might suggest. Although it's a very important, inspiring essay, it might be a little bit much, especially since, unfortunately, most people will really only find time to read it during the commercial breaks during the season premier of "Who Wants To Marry A Midget Dog Whisperer?"
I think, if we really want to stick with the heart of the good Dr's campaign and message, and we trully have access to cheap printing presses, we should keep it simple and print / distribute THE CONSTITUTION! Think about it, here we are screaming our heads off about the constitution and really how many Americans have ever REALLY read, let alone own, a copy of the darn thing? Especially if you went to public schools during the last 30 or so years!
And I yield the floor.......

DanK
12-17-2007, 10:46 PM
At least as many people know about Thomas Paine as knew about Guy Fawkes (probably more). I think either day would work well; both people seem appropriate...

rodent
12-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Hmm, that's my birthday. I had no idea it was his birthday also.

:D

GunnyFreedom
12-17-2007, 11:07 PM
"These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country;"

The day Americans don't know who said that, or why, is the day I fold up and become an expat. :mad:

libertarianlass
12-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Do you think a lot of you can make another huge money bomb happen on New Year's Eve? Ron Paul is going to need a lot more money. Here's why I think so. They started this whole presidential nonsense so early --- a year in advance of when it's normally held. Ron Paul is going to have to campaign all throughout the summer when he wins the New York primary.

Let's send Ron Paul's donations into the stratosphere! What we need to do is get the word out to six million people that there will be a New Year's Eve coutdown. The goal is to find six million people and get each of them to donate $17.76 (get it?) Multiply $17.76 by six million people and you have a whopping 160,560,000!!

So email your buddies, go through your Yahoo, gmail, AOL address books and tell your friends to do the same. Let's really get the media focused on Ron Paul and put an end to them saying stupid things like his support is nothing but 'imaginary people' or spam-bots. I emailed this idea to Trevor Lyman, the man behind the Tea Party, but I haven't gotten a response from him. Nevertheless, there's no reason why we can't get the ball rolling!

Estelle Edwards

francioshouse
12-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Visit Regional Money Bomb (http://www.geocities.com/francisklinkner/ronpaul.html) for a list of already established upcoming money bombs.

faisal
12-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Just wikipedia all the dates from now till January and you'll see all the big events that have happened =)