PDA

View Full Version : My updated Iowa letter -- please critique

darb002
12-17-2007, 10:02 PM
I have revised my Iowa letter to make it a bit shorter and more personal. Please review and make suggestions. I am going to start sending this one out tomorrow.

Dear XXX,

Presidential candidate Ron Paul doesn’t know I am writing this letter, but I feel so strongly about his campaign that I am taking time each day to contact a few Iowans in the hopes that you, too, will become a supporter.

You see, Ron Paul’s campaign is one unlike any other. It is truly a “bottom-up,” grassroots effort that puts Americans first – not bureaucrats, politicians, or media elites. In fact, when Ron Paul speaks, he doesn’t talk about what Ron Paul will do, he talks about what WE THE PEOPLE will do when he is President.

Ron Paul is considered by many to be a “libertarian,” which, as far as I am concerned, simply means that he believes in personal liberties and freedoms. As a congressman for ten terms, Rep. Paul has consistently voted to protect freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and to limit federal programs taking power from individual states and individual citizens. Ron Paul believes strongly in fiscal responsibility and has never voted for a tax increase or unbalanced budget. Ron Paul also wants to bring our troops home from Iraq, stressing the fact that this war has only hurt our reputation around the world and was never approved by congress.

Some critics have said that Ron Paul is too “radical” to be elected. Some television stations and newspapers have refused to cover him because they say that Ron Paul doesn’t have widespread support. However, these same people ignore the fact that Rep. Paul has raised more money this quarter and won more straw polls nationwide than any other Republican candidate. There are thousands of Ron Paul supporters in Iowa and it is my hope that this letter and the enclosed information will help you to become another Iowan for Ron Paul.

I lived in Iowa for five years and really appreciate the huge responsibility and importance that is placed upon the Iowa Caucuses and the voters of Iowa. I recognize that you have many choices and that you have probably been overwhelmed with campaign materials and campaign ads this year. But I do ask that you consider Ron Paul and I hope that you will attend the Republican caucus on January 3.

Should you like more information about Ron Paul, visit www.ronpaul2008.com or call toll-free 1-877-RON-PAUL.

Sincerely,
XXX

alexpasch
12-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Letter looks great! :)

I don't know if this is against the rules or not, but maybe providing some personal contact info like an email? You can set a new one up on gmail or something if you don't want to use your real one (I recommend something other than ronpaulrocks@gmail.com...if anything make up a pen name...)

Maybe they'll have a specific question or something they want answered (if you don't have the answer you can post it here and get a great response to email back). In my mind this personalizes it further and gives us brownie points.

Depending on how many letters you're sending out this may not be feasible...

noVember5th
12-17-2007, 10:42 PM
remove "radical" line - and anything that makes him seem like an unheard of candidate

Tarabell952
12-18-2007, 01:33 AM
remove "radical" line - and anything that makes him seem like an unheard of candidate

yes, I agree. You don't need to create or fuel that perception anymore :)