PDA

View Full Version : WHO Radio in Iowa announcing Ron Paul money > McCain

Dave
07-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Steve Deace (drive-time guy) is talking about the big announcement that Ron Paul has more cash on hand than McCain. WHO covers nearly all of Iowa so getting this message over the airwaves is huge here.

He suggested that if you're one of those McCain staffers that got fired (10 of 17 Iowa staff were whacked yesterday), why don't you send your resume to Ron Paul. Ha.

He said he gets lots of email about Ron Paul. He said that until recently, Ron Paul hasn't been to Iowa much and has not shown that he is serious about being a candidate in Iowa. He says 'why have someone on this show that doesn't come to Iowa?'

It really sounds like he's coming around now. He talked about the big rally last Saturday and that it was foolish for RP not to be invited. He said that lots of the crowd were from outside of Iowa but notes (correctly) that that is not necessarily a bad thing - that it shows that Ron Paul can generate a lot of loyalty if people are willing to drive here from out-of-state.

He said RP has a lot of work to do in Iowa and he would love to have the congressman on when he decides to be a serious contender in Iowa.

He then joked that maybe McCain should decide if he's serious about Iowa and repeated that Ron Paul has more cash on hand than Senator McCain, kind of in a breathtaken, astonished tone.

Overall, this mention came off as VERY positive. Iowa media are accustomed to having the candidates on the ground in Iowa. I hope Dr. Paul will spend some more time here to help us achieve the campaign's goal of winning the national bellweather Ames Straw Poll.

MsDoodahs
07-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Dr. Paul is really in demand, and this is a good thing!

JoshLowry
07-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks for that report Dave. We appreciate your ears!

RonPaulCult
07-06-2007, 03:40 PM
I get the feeling that Ron Paul was running hoping to bring his message to the country but not really feeling like he could win. That's why he wasn't spending so much time in Iowa and New Hampshire. I think that is about to change or maybe even has started to change. He is the real deal and he can WIN!

atilla
07-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Overall, this mention came off as VERY positive. Iowa media are accustomed to having the candidates on the ground in Iowa. I hope Dr. Paul will spend some more time here to help us achieve the campaign's goal of winning the national bellweather Ames Straw Poll.
ron paul has a job, he can't hang out in iowa all the time.:D

beermotor
07-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Well, he's run before, so I think he was being realistic about how the liberty message is usually received. But, we've had 8 years of Bush and are looking at the democratic options and they suck just as bad . . . NOW IS THE TIME for THE MESSAGE(tm)!

I think he's pretty surprised, but then again, so are all of us... I'll bet you not a single one of us knew more than 4 or 5 friends who thought similarly to the way we do. And we've got a forum with 1.5k members, 18k meetup members with 3k+ requesting more meetups - we're a lot more numerous than we ever thought.

This is very good indeed.

rich34
07-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Does anyone know if the campaign has any plans on going to Iowa and spending a couple days?

It's got to be tough though. With not having the name recognition you have to work twice as hard as your opponents do at getting your name out there and at Dr. Paul's age it would have to be tiresome. Maybe they could get a bus and tour the whole state? Probably don't have enough time to do that before the straw poll, but it probably wouldn't hurt to do before the Iowa caucus.

Dave
07-06-2007, 03:50 PM
ron paul has a job, he can't hang out in iowa all the time.:D

Understood, and I agree. Unlike some candidates, Dr. Paul takes his responsibilities in D.C. very seriously. But:

I'm not asking him to hang out in Iowa all the time - just more.
NO candidate for president has spent less time in Iowa than Ron Paul. I understand this is because he has the good problem of being in demand nationwide (Do you think all of America is clamoring to hear Romney? No.). But the strategy is to win the Ames Straw Poll, win the Iowa Caucus, win the NH primary, then wipe up on super-duper Tuesday. This will require some more time on the ground in Iowa. Once the Iowa Caucus is over I promise I won't advocate him coming here again (until sometime after he wins the election).

angrydragon
07-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Come on people in Iowa, get on youtube and search for Ron Paul. =)

Good stuff Dave, thanks!