PDA

View Full Version : Will Ron Paul attend Fallwels funeral?

kelldor
05-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Falwell funeral to focus more on the personal, religious than his political influence (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20070518-1554-falwell-politics.html)

One of the key factors I am seeing in the race for the Republican nomination is that the religious conservative right do not have a candidate they are comfortable with yet. Some tv evangelist types are strongly coming out against certain candidates (rudy, newt, etc.), but by and large I really don't think they have picked one yet.

The article points out that it isn't a make or break thing for candidates, but it certainly can't hurt, and may help. It doesn't say when it is though.

Kelldor

ronpaulitician
05-20-2007, 01:47 PM
I personally disliked Falwell, so would rather not see Paul attend his funeral. I'm probably in the minority though (among potential Ron Paul voters), so can see the benefits of doing so.

mdh
05-20-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't really care for Falwell either, BUT... if Paul knew him and they got along, then sure he should. No reason to be disrespectful to the dead just because you disagreed with them. If they didn't get along on more than an issue to issue footing, or if he didn't know him well enough, then I'd say that attending the funeral just as a publicity stunt is in bad form. If that's the case, then a public condolence to the family might be a much better way to go.