PDA

View Full Version : Just got a call from an Obama rep

Driftar
12-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey everyone.
Longtime lurker, new poster.

I’ve been getting a lot of calls from candidates- usually robot callers. I’m not on any caller lists that I know of, although have been registered here in iowa for a few years. I just talked to a real life Obama supporter, and he asked me a number of questions. I had a short conversation and he asked if I liked Obama, and I said he was alright, but I intended to caucus for Dr. Paul. He said he’s been hearing that more and more. Just thought I’d share it.

P.S. Romney has the most annoying Robo-calls or whatever you call them.

RPatTheBeach
12-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks for sharing!

RPFTW!
cool

kushaze
I hope that this is a trend that will translate into votes.

Melissa
thanks for the update so glad to hear it sucks but we are depending on you guys in Iowa and NH to show the msm and other candidates who we really want and I sure hope these 2 states are up to the challenge since they are first in this process

bbachtung
12-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the forums, Iowa Gold (I'm calling all of the supporters in Iowa gold because you are worth your weight in gold); I call myself Oregon Fiat Money because our primary is not until May.

Are you taking anyone with you to caucus?

Have you ever previously caucused?

cujothekitten
12-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up and welcome to the forums Driftar.

Highstreet
12-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the forums, Iowa Gold (I'm calling all of the supporters in Iowa gold because you are worth your weight in gold); I call myself Oregon Fiat Money because our primary is not until May.

Bump!!!! Keep up the good news and good work!

Driftar
12-17-2007, 09:34 PM

Hahah love your analogy. When does Oregon vote? after super tuesday? I've followed Paul for several months, and this month started to be more active. I've been doing a fairly good job getting everyone i know to take a look. About half my family and many of my friends of voting age like him a good deal. My parents are a bit establishment, but even they are coming around. I've never caucused before, so i'll look forward to using this forums to hopefully get some ideas on how to best approuch it. I plan to go with a group and hopefully can get some fencesitters to go in the next few weeks.

Also, i have a number of friends in "super tuesday" states who i've gotten VERY interested in Paul. I keep telling them that there time will come, and states like Minnesota, Arizona, and California are right up there in importance, but i know the preasure is on us early state Paul supporters.

Patrick_Henry
12-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Yeah I was supporting Obama for a while. It makes me grin when I get a call and tell them that I'm voting for Ron Paul.

Driftar
12-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up and welcome to the forums Driftar.

Thanks! i've lurked around on and off the past few weeks and during debates, i almost feel like i know some of you! lol

Driftar
12-17-2007, 09:37 PM
I know a number of Obama supporters- the odd thing is i have an easier time converting Obama fence sitters than i do hard core republicans. But i'm learning and open to tips on bring the Neocons to the "light side" :)

Man, some of my pro Obama college friends are big time babes. I got dragged to an Obama rally way back earlier this summer, and the eye candy was nice :)

jcbraithwaite7
12-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Let us know if you need us to do a chip in for chains for your tires so you can make it to the caucus! I would snowshoe to the polls to vote for Dr. Paul... but then again I live in Florida so it I don't have to worry about that.

I am hoping for horrible weather on the caucus day... because I know a bunch of Ron Paul supporters would snowshoe, dog sled, snow mobile or camp out at the caucus site to vote for Dr. Paul.

bbachtung
12-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Hahah love your analogy. When does Oregon vote? after super tuesday? I've followed Paul for several months, and this month started to be more active. I've been doing a fairly good job getting everyone i know to take a look. About half my family and many of my friends of voting age like him a good deal. My parents are a bit establishment, but even they are coming around. I've never caucused before, so i'll look forward to using this forums to hopefully get some ideas on how to best approuch it. I plan to go with a group and hopefully can get some fencesitters to go in the next few weeks.

Also, i have a number of friends in "super tuesday" states who i've gotten VERY interested in Paul. I keep telling them that there time will come, and states like Minnesota, Arizona, and California are right up there in importance, but i know the preasure is on us early state Paul supporters.

Oregon doesn't vote until late May; it is so depressing, but I just send money to the campaign to drown my sorrows.

user
12-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Hey everyone.
Longtime lurker, new poster.

I’ve been getting a lot of calls from candidates- usually robot callers. I’m not on any caller lists that I know of, although have been registered here in iowa for a few years. I just talked to a real life Obama supporter, and he asked me a number of questions. I had a short conversation and he asked if I liked Obama, and I said he was alright, but I intended to caucus for Dr. Paul. He said he’s been hearing that more and more. Just thought I’d share it.
Good news!

P.S. Romney has the most annoying Robo-calls or whatever you call them.

That was actually Romney himself live. Your confusion is understandable. ;) :D

Driftar
12-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Oregon doesn't vote until late May; it is so depressing, but I just send money to the campaign to drown my sorrows.

Ack. It's upsetting that certain states are left out of the process. At least some of the big western states are Super Tuesday, and everyone i know in AZ and CO for example testify to the strong Paul support, in signs, meetups, and appearently donations. If we do our best early on, we will have strong support in the west!

Good news!

That was actually Romney himself live. Your confusion is understandable. ;) :D

Hahaha. Or perhaps one of his many sons.

Appearently Huckabee is going to be here Friday. I'm thinking of grabbing a sign and waiting for him to get off his Huckabus.