PDA

View Full Version : Do we have the stomach for a fight?

realist
12-17-2007, 09:17 PM
A lot of things have been bothering me lately and this isn't intended to down on any of us BUT - I am a Ron Paul convert and I want to win. The problem is that our competition is also playing to win, and they appear to be getting some help. Despite our incredible accomplisments, I've been disheartened by how we have been percieved in light of our adversaries lack of originality, plagerism and distortion of the record. I have to conceed that their polished, calculated and media supported politics have been effective on the masses to some degree.

I finally had to come to grips with the fact they are focused on slightly different short term goals than we are. Iowa and NH, carry different expectations for them versus us. Headquarters and we little folk, better warm up to the idea that this IS a fight- an up hill one and the finish line is closer than we think. Our abiltiy to sway the votes of the disinterested will be drastically minimized by the holidays! The other guys are playing to capitalize on any opportunity not just to win, but to make it harder for others to even compete. Many things are unfair - BUT that's the playing field we're on so we either play harder or take our ball and bat and go home. They dont need to win to get coverage or respect. WE DO!

I see an opportunity here to blanket Iowa and NH with a very conserted financial effort showcasing the differences between our record and thiers. This IS our strength and their weakness. I'd target Mitt, Huck, McCain and Rudy with not just one but a variety of 3o second spots , played on multiple venues at different times- often. Not hard negative ads but strong confrontational, targetted ads that show our differences and force them to respond either with ads of their own or with the help of their media chronies (if they can respond fast enough). Timing is critical and this must happen soon. I know this sounds harsh but if you want to play football in the NFL and WIN, you need to hit hard and score. I fear If we or HQ doesn't do this soon, we have to rely on faith that our numbers now are enough to place well in Iowa and even better in NH. I hope they are but I'd rather play my cards now seeing how the deck is stacked against us.

Our competition is short on ideas and many are short on cash too. We have a shortage of neither but we're crtitically short on time! I believe these next 2 opportunities (Iowa & NH) are critical and will either give us the strength we'll need for a harder fight to come, or make the next fight much, MUCH, harder. Consistent winners approach each challenge believing failure is not an option. Are we approaching this opportunity like that?

TheIndependent
12-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Redouble your efforts. There's no reason to be discouraged.

Repeat after me: "I'm angry as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm angry as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-17-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm Captain George W. Bush of the U.S.S. Internets!

TheIndependent
12-17-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm angry as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

MORE! That's the spirit!

I want to see the fires burn!

fortilite
I'm mildly irritated, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!

It won't happen unless we make it happen. Send off 20 last minute letters to Iowa if you are feeling antsy, and then do some canvassing.

thechitowncubs
We're going to win Iowa with the help of the 150 students volunteering a week of their winter vacation. We're not going to lose this.

Driftar
12-17-2007, 09:22 PM
And here in Iowa, it seems Romney and Huck are attacking each other for the same crowd. We can fight because i feel Dr. Paul is the only republican canidate who draws people in consistantly- the others lose and compete and via for the pro-war vote. It's a hard fight but we can be confident in our canidates integrity and ability to hold his support.

dirka
12-17-2007, 09:36 PM
I would not be so angry if I thought the Campaign was fighting as hard as the grassroots is!!

All I see everyday is the grassroots working their asses off and donating millions to help Ron get his message out, and what is the Campaign doing???????

I love Ron to death, but if he doesn't start throwing some hay-makers, we will for sure be pushed to the side. He needs to change some of the things he says and make people stand up and notice.

noztnac
12-17-2007, 09:39 PM
The real question should be-

When it snows in Iowa do any of Romney, Huckabee, McCain, Giuliani supporters really care enough to get their fat asses out of their nice warm beds to vote for such sorry candidates.

I think the Ron Paul supporters will vote no matter what because freedom is worth braving the storm.

Revolutn
12-17-2007, 09:41 PM
The real question should be-

When it snows in Iowa do any of Romney, Huckabee, McCain, Giuliani supporters really care enough to get their fat asses out of their nice warm beds to vote for such sorry candidates.

I think the Ron Paul supporters will vote no matter what because freedom is worth braving the storm.

+1

I hope it looks like something outta The Day After Tomorrow for every Primary day through Super Tuesday!

realist
12-17-2007, 09:43 PM
I agree noztac but I'd rather not win by attrition. I want to have the support on all fronts and show these other candidates and the media just how wrong they were to minimze us.

Revolutn
12-17-2007, 09:46 PM
I agree noztac but I'd rather not win by attrition. I want to have the support on all fronts and show these other candidates and the media just how wrong they were to minimze us.

I hear ya, but we need to get momentum building that can not be ignored to the degree that it's been thus far.

Top 3 finishes or even wins in IA or NH would make people who are otherwise 'asleep' politically notice, SOME.

That would beget more Primary wins and more of those would beget the nomination...in theory at least.

So if we take a win in an early state or 2 or 3 with the HELP of weather conditions....well..... remember

Perception is reality.

If he's perceived as a winner, then he is.

Buzz
12-17-2007, 09:55 PM
As one man screamed during Ron Paul's description of the "fight" stage a long time ago in Iowa:

BRING IT!!!!!!!

TwiLeXia
12-17-2007, 09:57 PM
LET'S WIN IOWA BABY!!!!

coboman
12-17-2007, 10:04 PM
I would not be so angry if I thought the Campaign was fighting as hard as the grassroots is!!

I think many of us share that feeling. Isn't there a way to communicate Ron Paul our discontent?

I would like to know the credentials of all members of his staff, and I would love an announcement like: "All previous staffers fired! Ron Paul uses his millions to hire the top political marketing geniuses, and a top notch advertising agency. Only seasoned professionals working in the campaign from now on!"

jblosser
12-17-2007, 10:10 PM
They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable--and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775.

Nyte
12-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Great post Realist.

realist
12-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Truelly inspiring-

rfbz
12-17-2007, 10:23 PM
I think many of us share that feeling. Isn't there a way to communicate Ron Paul our discontent?

I would like to know the credentials of all members of his staff, and I would love an announcement like: "All previous staffers fired! Ron Paul uses his millions to hire the top political marketing geniuses, and a top notch advertising agency. Only seasoned professionals working in the campaign from now on!"

maybe it's better they don't have seasoned professional marketing geniuses, they'd probably be pulling a bunch of BS tactics like spreading lies about the other candidates

romeshomey
12-17-2007, 10:25 PM
I've been waiting for this fight my whole life. Bring it on.

Richandler
12-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Oh boy! If you guys are so angry. Never turn on the TV again! Seriously! The fewer the viewers, the less money these companies get. The more you wait for their propaganda the more they feed to you. You people here you contantly are glued to the mainstream media are not demostrating very well the liberty you are fighting for. What you are demostrating is that the media needs a government regulation to give you some equal sort of news. Take a stand for Liberty AND STOP WATCHING NEWS ON TV. Never Again! Stay off the major websites and don't buy into any of their crap!

SJohnsson
12-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

- President

davidt!
12-17-2007, 10:33 PM
We need to get that Blimp to New Hampshire! And help out with the letter writing campaign.

Tidewise
12-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Great post - and I know that the Patriots who marched for Liberty in Santa Monica (and all over the country) will never give up.