PDA

View Full Version : Expected voter turnout of RP supporters?

jmunjr
12-17-2007, 09:09 PM
RP supporters are no doubt very passionate. We go to great lengths to get the message out and to vote on every online poll out there. We work hard.

Come election day will we work equally as hard to cast our vote? I think so.

This is where we have an edge. Sure, maybe just maybe some of the other candidates would get more votes than RP if EVERYONE voted, but everyone doesn't vote. In fact just over 1/2 of those eligible voted in the 2004 general election. Turnout at the primaries is MUCH lower.

If RP supporters can vote at a much higher rate, our votes will be much more effective. I think each of us will in fact vote now more than ever, and in greater percentages than other candidates' supporters.

So, what can we do to make turnout as high as possible for RP supporters and lower for the others :) ?

TheIndependent
12-17-2007, 09:10 PM
RP supporters are no doubt very passionate. We go to great lengths to get the message out and to vote on every online poll out there. We work hard.

Come election day will we work equally as hard to cast our vote? I think so.

This is where we have an edge. Sure, maybe just maybe some of the other candidates would get more votes than RP if EVERYONE voted, but everyone doesn't vote. In fact just over 1/2 of those eligible voted in the 2004 general election. Turnout at the primaries is MUCH lower.

If RP supporters can vote at a much higher rate, our votes will be much more effective. I think each of us will in fact vote now more than ever, and in greater percentages than other candidates' supporters.

So, what can we do to make turnout as high as possible for RP supporters and lower for the others :) ?

+1 and QFT. There needs to be a major effort capable of bringing out voters rain or shine (or in some areas, a blizzard).

hawkeyenick
12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
huckabee beat us at the iowa straw poll...the one that was fixed

PimpBlimp
12-17-2007, 09:13 PM
We shall have no problem amassing the armies come election day.

AtomiC
12-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Even if I have to walk through a war zone with bullets coming at me from every direction, I'll be there.

NoMoreApathy
12-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Come on, there's not a real RP supporter that isn't going to deliver their vote US Postal Service style. Rain, sleet, or snow, the VOTE must go through!

Every RP supporter knows this. Stopping short of making a crazy statement, I'll say we have 95% voter turnout. The other 5% either died before the primary, had a car accident, went to the hospital, went into labor, was bed-ridden sick, you get the drift.

This is one area where we know we DON'T have to worry.

TheIndependent
12-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Come on, there's not a real RP supporter that isn't going to deliver their vote US Postal Service style. Rain, sleet, or snow, the VOTE must go through!

Every RP supporter knows this. Stopping short of making a crazy statement, I'll say we have 95% voter turnout. The other 5% either died before the primary, had a car accident, went to the hospital, went into labor, was bed-ridden sick, you get the drift.

This is one area where we know we DON'T have to worry.

Expect the least, make major efforts for the best. Underpromise, overdeliver.

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Not all Ron Paul supporters fanatics (I'm a junkie :D). I place our turnout somewhere at around 75%. That is still enough to make a huge difference. For other candidates it will be around 10-15%.

bbachtung
12-17-2007, 09:33 PM
99.99% turnout for RP supporters (the .01% are the unfortunate few who get arrested or hospitalized on the way to vote).

RevolutionSD
12-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Let's do a conservative estimate:

If RP is polling at 8% on election day
and 80% of his supporters show up to vote

And Romneybee is at 30%
But only 8% of his voters turn out

WE WIN!

N13
12-17-2007, 09:40 PM
This is one of the keys to our success. The usual rate of voter turnout for primaries is about 20%. With all other factors being equal (and they aren't) Ron Paul can shock the world if we turn out at a modest 80%.

What it means theoretically:
If Ron Paul has 10% poll numbers, he will receive 8 voter units in the election.
If Huckaboo has 30% poll numbers, he will receive 6 voter units in the election.
If Romney has 25% poll numbers, he will receive 5 voter units in the election.

VOTE

NoMoreApathy
12-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Maybe it's better that anti-RP voters don't think he actually has a chance. That way, there's less of a fire under their ass to go out and vote in their primary to combat us.

It's also good Hunter and Tancredo are still in the race. They help to dillute the numbers that might otherwise go to Rudy McRomneyBee.

I think it's possible we could win half the states.

Paul4Prez
12-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Our turnout will be much better than the turnout for the other guys, but I wouldn't count on 80%. Anything over 50% would be pretty much unprecedented in the primaries.

Our best bet to win is in early caucus states like Nevada, Iowa, Maine, and Minnesota, where turnout is really low. We just have to be better organized, make sure we contact everyone, then make sure they vote.

In non-caucus states, it's even more important to make sure we register everyone on time. The deadlines are starting to pass us by now, which makes it even harder, trying to find and motivate registered Republicans to turn out.

Matt Collins
12-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Let's pray and hope for a nationwide snow storm on Super Tuesday!

justinc.1089
12-17-2007, 10:38 PM
I remember someone posting a poll that said like 80% of Paul's supporters were determined to go vote for him, while other candidates had lots of their people saying they were just like probably going to vote for them or maybe going to bother to go vote or whatever. They had like normal percentages for primaries while Paul had 80%.

I hope and tend to think that poll will be generally accurate.

jesshwarren
12-17-2007, 10:40 PM
98% will turnout

ross11988
12-17-2007, 10:50 PM
98% will turnout

Hard to believe considering the fact only 20% of my group actually responds to my welcome email.

shortna
12-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Everyone needs to learn how to start canvassing.
You need to organize your efforts with your local meetup group.
Everyone needs to identify the Ron Paul supporters and make sure that they vote.
Everyone needs to learn what it takes to become delegates

The key to winning is not just turning out yourself, it's turning out all who will vote for Ron Paul.