PDA

View Full Version : Pissed at the media?

ThomasJ
12-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Money talks BS walks.....

Since the MSM has decided to blackout our movement, how about we blackout the suppliers of the media.

I say we devote January to a spending blackout. No purchases of anything that is not necessary. Food water gas etc. Do not spend anything on DVD's or Video games or Movie tickets. Do not go out to McDonalds, Arby's etc...
Do not spend anything other than what is necessary.

Thoughts....

rfbz
12-17-2007, 08:53 PM
what is the goal in doing this? I'm not against the idea per se, just not sure what it attempts to achieve.

Richandler
12-17-2007, 08:55 PM
I have no reason to be pissed at the media. I don't watch them.

Revolutn
12-17-2007, 08:56 PM
I think that's the 'normal' January cycle after most people go into debt for Christmas gifts.

RPatTheBeach
12-17-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm for it, but we also need to send letters to ALL the advertisers stating why we are boycotting their chinese shit.

ThomasJ, start trending the news channels advertisers so we know who to avoid.

literatim
12-17-2007, 08:58 PM
It is always best to boycott their advertisers and inform the advertisers of this boycott.

fedup100
12-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Why should we suffer, get together a petition and get 100k signatures and let the cable companies know we want fairness or we cut the cord.

kushaze
12-17-2007, 09:01 PM
We should just harass the media like they harass celebrities.

ThomasJ
12-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Why am I pissed at the media?
We raise 6 million for Dr. Paul and break the single day record for any campaign in US history and we get a 10 second blurb. Yet McCain gets a reach around from his buddy and he gets 3 hours.

I do not expect much from the MSM but this just takes the cake.

Every major news outlet is doing this. The only ones who are not are the newspapers like LA times, etc...

I have a few lists available online of sponsors of the major media, but unless 80% or more of Ron Paul supporters go in for this there is no real point. It would not make a major dent in their BS.

(the other nice thing is you can save some money up for after the primaries, Ron will need some funds for the general election)

dircha
12-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Stop buying their magazines, newspapers, DVDs, and CDs.

Sell your television.

Marceline88
12-17-2007, 09:24 PM
I don't eat at McDonalds or shop at WalMart or watch TV or rent movies, I only go see a movie once a year or so. They are not going to miss my money, as they aren't getting it anyways.

To those who do still support those kinds of business.....STOP. Seriously, a life with out Big Macs is a longer life....a life without cheap Chinese crap is a lead-free life.

N13
12-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Distraction

Direct the energy at votes in Iowa and New Hampshire.

thomaspaine23
12-17-2007, 09:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2YWHBFx3Zg&feature=related

We can only be defeated by ourselves.....

Nathan Hale
12-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Money talks BS walks.....

Since the MSM has decided to blackout our movement, how about we blackout the suppliers of the media.

How is the media blacking out this campaign? Ron does MSM interviews every single day. He's been on or scheduled to be on just about every major news show.

He's getting more coverage than he should, actually. The average 5% national campaign wouldn't get nearly as much coverage, but Paul's supporters have been increasing his coverage through their unique, energetic campaign.

Sometimes it may seem like a conspiracy to keep Paul out, but this is a good thing. The media isn't looking at dollars raised when they determine who to talk about - they look at the scientific polling, and they talk about the people who poll the most. The media reasons that the people polling the highest are the people that the largest audience wants to hear about. Largest audience = largest ratings.

Ron Paul gets in because his campaign's activities are genuine human interest stories. His money bombs and rallies and dirigibles make for great television, regardless of poll numbers. As such that's what we hear about. But that also garners Paul traditional interviews such as the Sunday Morning circuit and the primetime cable news magazines.

The way to increase Paul's coverage is to increase Paul's polling. And that is entirely possible with grassroots efforts, advertising, and strong candidate marketing. This is what we're all doing. Perhaps it's what you need to be doing as well. It's the only way for the media to take notice.

But please, let's loose the rhetoric of the "system" trying to keep Ron down. there's no conspiracy. There's no insidious motive. It's simple economics.

I say we devote January to a spending blackout. No purchases of anything that is not necessary. Food water gas etc. Do not spend anything on DVD's or Video games or Movie tickets. Do not go out to McDonalds, Arby's etc...
Do not spend anything other than what is necessary.
Thoughts....

This is just good advice regardless. People spend money on useless shit and the opportunity to eat toxic garbage. It's a bad idea regardless of your ideology.

But it's not going to get Paul noticed or sway those who pull the strings in the media world.

Ball
12-17-2007, 10:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2YWHBFx3Zg&feature=related

+1 (highly appropriate!)

SeanEdwards
12-17-2007, 10:58 PM
If you want to impact media, pick one of their sponsors and boycott them, and let them know why you are boycotting them. Nobody is going to notice if you just randomly reduce consumption.