PDA

View Full Version : Is youtube being spammed?

paulitics
07-06-2007, 02:53 PM
In just the last few days RP's channel views have jumped to about 150,000 to200,000 per day. Yet, his subscription remain very level at about 130 per day, and if you actually add up the videos, I counted somewhere around 1.6 million which is about a half a million less than his channel views. I always thought the channel views were about the same as actual videos watched. I also looked into Myspace and facebook, and Im not seeing any jump there.

At 200,000 per day he will have 6 million per month. I hate to say it, but this does not add up even for this internet phenomenon. If I had to guess, I believe the 500,000 boost in the last week has not been real, and he is somewhere around 1.6 million. Could it be some schmuck trying to make the RP movement look like spammers, by in effect doing it? What exactly constitutes a channel view and how can it be spammed thousands of times per day?

angrydragon
07-06-2007, 02:54 PM
I doubt it, not everyone subscribes to channels.

njandrewg
07-06-2007, 02:58 PM
I doubt it, not everyone subscribes to channels.
yeah to subscribe you need a youtube username

d991
07-06-2007, 03:03 PM
If YouTube videos are linked elsewhere, does that show up on the statistics? I've noticed a bunch of Ron Paul videos from YouTube being linked on other websites. For exable, on PeekVid I noticed someone posted "Ron Paul pwning fat guy" from that 1980's show that is like the O'Reilly factor on steroids.

Also consider July 3rd was the Ron Paul Overnight. From the sounds of things thousands of people were out in full force getting the message out. Perhaps people came home and looked him up online. Perhaps some was spam, but hopefully there are a bunch of new viewers too!

paulitics
07-06-2007, 03:09 PM
If YouTube videos are linked elsewhere, does that show up on the statistics? I've noticed a bunch of Ron Paul videos from YouTube being linked on other websites. For exable, on PeekVid I noticed someone posted "Ron Paul pwning fat guy" from that 1980's show that is like the O'Reilly factor on steroids.

Also consider July 3rd was the Ron Paul Overnight. From the sounds of things thousands of people were out in full force getting the message out. Perhaps people came home and looked him up online. Perhaps some was spam, but hopefully there are a bunch of new viewers too!

I think you have to click on ronpaul2008 youtube channel in order for it to count. There are hundreds of other videos that do not count if they aren't on the channel.

What makes it suspicious is everything else is growing at a steady pace, and this one thing is exploding exponentially with hundreds of thousands per day which is about 4 times the pace as before. If it was a result of the meetup groups than I would expect everything else to have picked up as well, but they have not.

CJLauderdale4
07-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Also remember that there were a lot of rallies and events over the week for Independence Day. At our rally in FL, we handed out over 350 brochures and 2000-3000 cars drove by the rally signs.

Add up all of our efforts and you could get a surge in visits to RonPaul2008.com, and his corresponding YouTube.

Also, compared to Facebook and MySpace, YouTube is video plugged right into Ron's hompage, so I could see more action there being feasible.

damijin
07-06-2007, 03:12 PM
It could very well be an automated script being used to exploit peoples fascination with youtube numbers and drive up hits. However, I do not see this being used against us simply because Ron Paul's subscriber:view ratio is still VERY high when compared to Obamas, so it would probably be seen as reasonable.

paulitics
07-06-2007, 03:21 PM
It could very well be an automated script being used to exploit peoples fascination with youtube numbers and drive up hits. However, I do not see this being used against us simply because Ron Paul's subscriber:view ratio is still VERY high when compared to Obamas, so it would probably be seen as reasonable.

What is an automated script? If I click on, I count as 4 hits instead of 1 ?

Original_Intent
07-06-2007, 03:27 PM
No someone could write a script to keep opening and viewing RP videos, and then go to sleep for the night.

atilla
07-06-2007, 04:06 PM
someone with alot of time on their hands should search for all pro ron paul videos posted by everyone and total up the number of veiws. i know it would be ten times or more the number of veiws on the ron paul channel.