PDA

View Full Version : I know how to find Drew Carey...

jgmaynard
12-17-2007, 08:31 PM
While watching the news coverage of Ron today, I think it was CNN who said "Although he has no major endorsements, Ron Paul raised over six million..."

So I breifly thought "Huh. I wonder how we could quickly get an easy endoersement."

Just now, I was watching "Hamburger Paradise" on the travel channel, and the owner of a Big Boy restaurant in Burbank mentioned that Drew Carey goes in there "four or five times a week."

If someone in that area just HAPPENED to want a burger and had a video camera handy, maybe they could run into him and quickly ask for an endorsement. No muss, no fuss, only two minutes out of Drew's Life. Cause Ron Paul rocks.. Ron Paul rocks... :)

JM

Jwaksman
12-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Andrew Sullivan is a bigger endorsement than Drew Carey. More people have heard of Carey, but more people have their political opinions influenced by Sullivan's daily writing.

integrity
12-17-2007, 08:37 PM
I think Drew is a NEO-Libertarian

TheIndependent
12-17-2007, 08:37 PM
I think Drew is a NEO-Libertarian

He is not. He's a libertarian.

http://www.reason.tv/ (where he has new videos every 2 weeks on libertarian issues)

literatim
12-17-2007, 08:38 PM
We need endorsements. Real official endorsements.

Andrew Sullivan hasn't officially endorsed him. Someone ask Andrew for an official endorsement.

Jwaksman
Besides, I'm pretty sure by "major endorsement" they mean a major newspaper, a Senator, Governor, or former leading politician (such as Bob Kerrey). We don't have any of those yet, and I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for any before the Iowa caucuses....

People at that level of politics tend to endorse candidates they think will win, rather than who they actually support. They are trying to hitch their wagons to the rising star, to be seen more favorably when the person actually gets elected. So we won't get endorsements until the mainstream media views us as a viable contender.

Jwaksman

Andrew Sullivan hasn't officially endorsed him.

He did... today:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/12/ron-paul-for-th.html

skilt
12-17-2007, 08:39 PM

Andrew Sullivan hasn't officially endorsed him. Someone ask Andrew for an official endorsement.

Sullivan did actually endorse him today over mccain, on the Atlantic website

sk

ronpaulfollower999
12-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Isn't Drew Carey the one who does the Price is Right?

jgmaynard
12-17-2007, 08:41 PM
But Drew Carey is known to Joe and Jane Shmoe. It will create news and talk. Anyone near Burbank and have a digicam and a taste for juicy, juicy burger? :D

JM

yongrel
12-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Let's not harass people at lunch for endorsements.

Jwaksman
12-17-2007, 08:43 PM
But Drew Carey is known to Joe and Jane Shmoe. It will create news and talk.

It will only create news and talk if the media covers it. Which they won't.

literatim
12-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Well you wouldn't have to do it while he is eating, but on his way there or after he leaves.

Second_Tier_My_Ass
12-17-2007, 08:45 PM
remember at the end of each show of Price is Right with Bob Barker, Bob would tell us to "please control the pet population by getting our pets spayed or neutered."

it would be fantastic to get Drew to say, very simply, "vote for ron paul" at the end of each show.

Knightskye
12-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Besides, I'm pretty sure by "major endorsement" they mean a major newspaper, a Senator, Governor, or former leading politician (such as Bob Kerrey). We don't have any of those yet, and I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for any before the Iowa caucuses....

Uh... bull. I guess you haven't visited Ron's YouTube channel in a while. Ron Paul has been endorsed by Barry Goldwater Jr., U.S. Congressman from... Arizona - I believe, and son of Barry Goldwater, who ran for president. So, wrong.

yongrel
Well you wouldn't have to do it while he is eating, but on his way there or after he leaves.

I think cornering people under any circumstance and pressing them for an endorsement is bad form and rude.

There are better ways to get Drew Carey to endorse RP that don't involve bothering him before/during/after a delicious meal.

TheIndependent
But Drew Carey is known to Joe and Jane Shmoe. It will create news and talk. Anyone near Burbank and have a digicam and a taste for juicy, juicy burger? :D

JM

He got major media just by saying he backed Medical Marijuana, so yes he'd get a crapload of attention.

jgmaynard
Let's not harass people at lunch for endorsements.

I knew someone was going to say that - done right, it will take less than two minutes. It's a HUGE restaurant with tons of people - if you're famous and go into a place like that, you got to expect the occasional person stopping you.

It will only create news and talk if the media covers it. Which they won't.

Some will. It won't be a huge story, but for two minutes of time so someone nearby there, it's a great ROI, even with limited exposure. :)

JM

literatim
12-17-2007, 08:47 PM
I think cornering people under any circumstance and pressing them for an endorsement is bad form and rude.

There are better ways to get Drew Carey to endorse RP that don't involve bothering him before/during/after a delicious meal.

You say there are other ways, but I don't see you suggesting them.

Jwaksman
12-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Uh... bull. I guess you haven't visited Ron's YouTube channel in a while. Ron Paul has been endorsed by Barry Goldwater Jr., U.S. Congressman from... Arizona - I believe, and son of Barry Goldwater, who ran for president. So, wrong.

Read my post... nobody cares about endorsements from Congressmen. There are 435 congressmen - the media isn't going to cover endorsements by them. Hillary has been endorsed by about 100 different congressmen already... did you see a media story after each one? So, wrong.

We need an endorsement from a Senator or Governor, a leading newspaper, or another leading political figure to make a splash. And, like I said, don't expect any before the Iowa caucuses.

DirtMcGirt
12-17-2007, 08:50 PM
what about a whole section of rp supporters on the price is right???

Jwaksman
12-17-2007, 08:53 PM

Would they even film any of those in the next month? With game shows like that they film a ton of episodes back to back and then take a couple of months off of filming. It's not like they sit and film a new episode every day/week.

integrity
12-17-2007, 09:01 PM
FROM REASON Foundation:

http://www.reason.org/commentaries/poole_20070227.shtml

"I was interviewed for this segment and pointed out, helpfully I thought, that a Spanish company sinking $7 billion into new highways in Texas, meanwhile creating thousands of U.S. jobs, is the very antithesis of protectionists' dreaded "outsourcing." But that tidbit was left on the cutting-room floor."

I am not sure but I think Reason is Promoting the Nafta Superhighway???

and this one: http://www.reason.org/commentaries/dalmia_20070920.shtml

Going Protectionist Over a Fantasy Highway
Xenophobes see a threat to U.S. sovereignty in a Texas freeway project that would ease trade with Mexico

I think DREW and Reason foundation are NWO shills

Highstreet
12-17-2007, 09:04 PM

JM

blimp

offer him a ride on the blimp, and buy his lunch.

FireofLiberty
12-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Speaking of Reason, Drew Carey is doing a bunch of mini-documentaries on different issues from a Libertarian perspective.

Highstreet
12-17-2007, 09:07 PM

That would be funny. We could win stuff, then say we would donate it all to the campaign. And it would be great PR.

====================================

We should just start doing this as a matter of Course..

Go on TV shows, and wear our T-shirts, maybe under another shirt. Then once the film is rolling, take off the cover. No acting out. Just play it cool like a certain group does behind the scenes at congressional hearings and on C-span.

SirNim
12-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Wearing their homemade RP t-shirts.

integrity
12-17-2007, 09:26 PM
That will never happen...

after reading some of Reason foundations articles I am convinced they are fake liberterians pushing the NAU NWO agenda under the radar.

http://www.reason.org/commentaries/dalmia_20070920.shtml

listen to what they have to say about the good Doctor:

Yet even Texas Rep. Ron Paul, a libertarian Republican candidate for president, has fallen for the paranoia. You'd think that Paul would be chanting hosannas to anything that facilitates free trade, but he too fears that the "superhighway" is part of a scheme by foreign companies to erode U.S. borders and create a North American Union combining the United States, Mexico and Canada -- complete with a single government and a common currency called the "amero."

Johncjackson
12-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Reason and Reason supporters aren't "fake" libertarians.

MANY, MANY real libertarians are for the free movement of people and dont buy into the fanaticism about the border and keeping "furriners ( meaning Mescans)" out of our country.

MANY MANY of them ( I mean US) support ROn Paul even if we disagree about a couple issues. Abortion is another common one, for example.

Your stance on the border, IMHO, is more inline with the Constitution Party and America First "populists."....and these people are definitely not libertarians.

RP's stance I think is mostly based on the "right" reasons and not a lot of the xenophobic ( and other) crap.

But to call people who support free markets and peaceful movement of people "fake libertarians" is a big joke.

I am glad to be part of a "'big tent" of libertarians and RP supporters, but it is laughable when populists, protectionists, xenophobes, paleocons, try to lecture and label who the "real" Libertarians are.

To a lot of people RP is much more "old Right" or a "Constitutionalist" than a "libertarian." To me he is a libertarian, but from a different part of the tent than a lot of us. Still, he is the best thing going for liberty. And we need all the supporters we can get.

Jon S
12-17-2007, 10:36 PM
you guys made me miss bob barker... damn you.

TheIndependent
12-17-2007, 10:38 PM
That will never happen...

after reading some of Reason foundations articles I am convinced they are fake liberterians pushing the NAU NWO agenda under the radar.

http://www.reason.org/commentaries/dalmia_20070920.shtml

listen to what they have to say about the good Doctor:

Yet even Texas Rep. Ron Paul, a libertarian Republican candidate for president, has fallen for the paranoia. You'd think that Paul would be chanting hosannas to anything that facilitates free trade, but he too fears that the "superhighway" is part of a scheme by foreign companies to erode U.S. borders and create a North American Union combining the United States, Mexico and Canada -- complete with a single government and a common currency called the "amero."

Not all libertarians line up single file, sir. There are disagreements.

Oliver
12-17-2007, 10:38 PM
People at that level of politics tend to endorse candidates they think will win, rather than who they actually support. They are trying to hitch their wagons to the rising star, to be seen more favorably when the person actually gets elected. So we won't get endorsements until the mainstream media views us as a viable contender.

And Huck and Chuck prove you wrong. ;)

boondoggle
12-17-2007, 10:39 PM

Or while he's on the toilet. Get him on the toilet!

kotetu
12-17-2007, 11:37 PM
hmm... I work not too far from Burbank.... Which BBB is it? XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzHzZLQNF7g

idiom
12-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Ben Affleck is a truther. He should be easy.

kotetu
12-17-2007, 11:39 PM
his is the original Bob's Big Boy restaurant. It's been a landmark for the city of Toluca Lake for years. They even still have the car hop service on the weekends. Friday night is cruise night at Bob's. I've seen many celebrities there, including Jay Leno and Drew Carey. The Super Big Boy double decker burger and a chocolate shake is my favorite dish there. It can get kind of busy at times and you might have to wait to be seated. So if you're going there at peak hours (like a Friday evening), be prepared.

4211 W Riverside Dr
Burbank, CA 91505

Cleaner44
12-17-2007, 11:41 PM
I like the idea.

kotetu
12-17-2007, 11:41 PM
http://sassylittlepunkin.blogspot.com/drewatcounter.jpg

kotetu
12-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Maybe I will bring a stack of letters with me, sit down next to him, and start signing them, slim jims in a pile next to the envelopes. See if he starts talking to me. :D

Coola
12-18-2007, 04:53 AM
I think an endorsement from 50 cent would do the campaign well.

newmedia4ron
12-18-2007, 05:04 AM
Is throwing out wild suggestions a good use of our time?

*giddy school girl voice* "Wouldn't it be great to have Clint Eastwood endorse Ron Paul?!!?!?!" "then lets cure cancer with rainbows weeeeeee"

don't talk about your best celebrity endorsement idea just send a damn letter if you want it to happen.

If the celeb hasn't made a public endorsement I don't want to hear about it.

17 days to iowa and we're still talking about celebrity rumors

this thread is spam checklist worthy

Registered yet? Delegate yet? Poll Worker and/or Vote Count Watcher yet? Hit the streets with literature/DVDs yet? Circulated a petition yet? Attend GOP meetings (township - county – state) yet? Canvassed collecting names and phone numbers yet? Pass out registration forms to your meetup group yet? Promoted Ron Paul to you church, gunshows, anti-war rallies, prolife meetings, home school organizations, anti-amnesty groups, etc. yet? Call talk radio shows and pitch Ron Paul yet? Write letters to your local newspapers yet? Sent letters to celebrities asking for an endorsement yet? Ask your local television stations to profile/interview Ron Paul yet?

burningfur
12-18-2007, 05:06 AM
Send a letter. Don't go shoving a microphone and a camera in his face.

integrity
01-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Reason and Reason supporters aren't "fake" libertarians.

MANY, MANY real libertarians are for the free movement of people and dont buy into the fanaticism about the border and keeping "furriners ( meaning Mescans)" out of our country.

MANY MANY of them ( I mean US) support ROn Paul even if we disagree about a couple issues. Abortion is another common one, for example.

Your stance on the border, IMHO, is more inline with the Constitution Party and America First "populists."....and these people are definitely not libertarians.

RP's stance I think is mostly based on the "right" reasons and not a lot of the xenophobic ( and other) crap.

But to call people who support free markets and peaceful movement of people "fake libertarians" is a big joke.

I am glad to be part of a "'big tent" of libertarians and RP supporters, but it is laughable when populists, protectionists, xenophobes, paleocons, try to lecture and label who the "real" Libertarians are.

To a lot of people RP is much more "old Right" or a "Constitutionalist" than a "libertarian." To me he is a libertarian, but from a different part of the tent than a lot of us. Still, he is the best thing going for liberty. And we need all the supporters we can get.

well I guess these fake libertarians just smeared RP because they like him? not laughing now!

Johncjackson
01-15-2008, 03:01 AM
well I guess these fake libertarians just smeared RP because they like him? not laughing now!

um ok.