PDA

View Full Version : It's time for our candidate to take the gloves off!

IHaveaDream
12-17-2007, 08:04 PM
As usual, the media will compliment Ron Paul's fundraising success, but attempt to leave their viewers with the idea that he is still a fringe candidate with virtually no chance of winning. But,Ron Paul should not accept that! He should go on offense from here on out.

When the interviewer implies that he is nothing more than a lost cause, Dr. Paul should emphatically state that his opponents are nothing more than cookie-cutter neocons that have been propped up by special interest money, misleading polls and a disproportionate amount of media coverage. He should then remind the interviewer that his opponent's campaigns are going broke and that the so-called "top tier" candidates could hold their own successful money bombs if they really had more supporters than he does. He should also state that he will use his money bomb to rent a large venue for a one-on-one debate with any current top tier candidate if the media can find one with the courage to accept. (Additionally, he can charge admission for all spectators to help cover the cost and see which candidate sells the most tickets first). He can wrap it up with something like "I'll put my supporters up against their supporters any day of the week".

I'm tired of playing defense. Ron Paul needs to start flexing his muscle a bit. People need to see that in a potential leader. It's time to shed his pacifist image and show everyone that being antiwar doesn't mean that you're some panzy that anyone can talk down to.

If he gets the typical "3rd party question", he should say "YES! I will run as a 3rd party candidate if the establishment insists on treating me like a 3rd party candidate. My allegiance is to my country."

It should be obvious to all of us by now that money alone is not going to get us in this game. It's time to mix it up. Dr. Paul needs to create some media stir and begin furthering his name recognition. Even bad publicity at this point is better than being ignored on a daily basis.

michaelwise
12-17-2007, 08:06 PM
If it is mud slinging they want, it is mud slinging they shall have.

Oliver
12-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Forget it. That's not Ron Paul. Never was - never will
be his success.

Forget about that - soon.

InRonWeTrust
12-17-2007, 08:11 PM
If he gets the typical "3rd party question", he should say "YES! I will run as a 3rd party candidate if the establishment insists on treating me like a 3rd party candidate. My allegiance is to my country."

YEAH! The GOP party treats Ron like dirt. But guess what? Ron can kick plenty of dirt right back into their faces, and WIN the White House, with a 3rd Party run. So they better start showing some respect.

IHaveaDream
12-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Forget it. That's not Ron Paul. Never was - never will
be his success.

Forget about that - soon.

You obviously haven't seen RP when he's fired up. Youtube his appearance on the Morton Downey Jr. show.

hypnagogue
12-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Mud slinging? No thanks. Fact slinging? That I think we can do. Sometimes you gotta smack people in the face with the truth before they'll even acknowledge you're speaking at all.

Highstreet
12-17-2007, 08:45 PM
As usual, the media will compliment Ron Paul's fundraising success, but attempt to leave their viewers with the idea that he is still a fringe candidate with virtually no chance of winning. But,Ron Paul should not accept that! He should go on offense from here on out.

When the interviewer implies that he is nothing more than a lost cause, Dr. Paul should emphatically state that his opponents are nothing more than cookie-cutter neocons that have been propped up by special interest money, misleading polls and a disproportionate amount of media coverage. He should then remind the interviewer that his opponent's campaigns are going broke and that the so-called "top tier" candidates could hold their own successful money bombs if they really had more supporters than he does. He should also state that he will use his money bomb to rent a large venue for a one-on-one debate with any current top tier candidate if the media can find one with the courage to accept. (Additionally, he can charge admission for all spectators to help cover the cost and see which candidate sells the most tickets first). He can wrap it up with something like "I'll put my supporters up against their supporters any day of the week".

I'm tired of playing defense. Ron Paul needs to start flexing his muscle a bit. People need to see that in a potential leader. It's time to shed his pacifist image and show everyone that being antiwar doesn't mean that you're some panzy that anyone can talk down to.

It should be obvious to all of us by now that money alone is not going to get us in this game. It's time to mix it up. Dr. Paul needs to create some media stir and begin furthering his name recognition. Even bad publicity at this point is better than being ignored on a daily basis.

Take your frustration and get out and hand out more slim jims. The people will vote for him if they see that he has been doing this for 30 years and not just taken these new flip flops this month.

Every door I knock on is receptive to this message.

======================================
Also, we need to be patient about this. The media and the party will turn more and more as they see these things we do for him. It may take a little while, but the numbers will come up. This has to sink in a little, or Steep like tea, if you prefer.

This next week is huge, then some more ads, and possible ads in the theatres, and possible national ads. We could be the first campaign to take it National. That would make quite a splash also.