PDA

View Full Version : HUGE NEWS: NEW Iowa Evangelical Ad Campaign

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 08:00 PM
A while back, I decided to write 7 points for why Ron Paul is the choice for evangelical Christians. Members gave edit suggestions and Promagma created a beautiful graphical flyer out of it. I talked to one of the Ron Paul Iowa campaign directors and they've decided to use this ad in a major ad buy in Iowa. So I've donated the ad to them. Only thing is they asked that the file be sent to tonight because tomorrow they make their ad purchase.

UPDATE: Promagma has now made the appropriate changes and it has been sent off to the official campaign via email. Congratulations everyone!
http://files.meetup.com/509308/christian_general.pdf
http://files.meetup.com/509308/christian_general_IA.pdf
http://files.meetup.com/509308/christian_huck.pdf
http://files.meetup.com/509308/christian_huck_IA.pdf
Feel free to print it out as a flyer and pass out to all your evangelical friends.

Problem is Promagma is the only one with access to the file and he's not on at this time. The minor edits they need are "over 11 million" changed to "over 18 million" and replace the last two lines with….

" Iowa Contact 1-888-828-PAUL and www.RonPaul2008.com

Authorized and Paid for by Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee"

They don't want anything else in the text changed. Right now, we need to help track down promagma or whoever else may have access to the graphical file so we can edit this in time to send over tonight.

Thanks for all your wonderful help and support. Now, it is time win over the thousands of evangelicals that can put Ron Paul over the top in Iowa...and then the nation!

jnpg
12-17-2007, 08:02 PM
How do we find this guy stat?

Ethek
12-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Harness the power of the tubes to summon Promagma !!!

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Come on guys this is huge....we gotta get a hold of promagma ASAP! If we get this into the hands of 10s of thousands of evangelicals like this official campaign ad campaign will do, it can absolutely swing the polls in our favor!

krott5333
12-17-2007, 08:07 PM
bump

Think12345
12-17-2007, 08:09 PM
bampus

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Looks like promagma's back on-line! Hopefully he sees the message.

jenninlouisiana
12-17-2007, 08:11 PM
//

Highstreet
good news..

Sey.Naci
I might be able to do the touch-ups using InDesign. Would you like me to give it a try?

EDIT: No longer necessary, methinks.

hueylong
12-17-2007, 08:12 PM
That's not half bad.

Huey

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-17-2007, 08:13 PM
That's a top-notch ad. Hope they can get this on time.

PimpBlimp
12-17-2007, 08:14 PM
god speed

RonPaulCentral
12-17-2007, 08:14 PM
http://www.nisagency.com/RP/christian_general_IA.pdf
A while back, I decided to write 7 points for why Ron Paul is the choice for evangelical Christians. Members gave edit suggestions and Promagma created a beautiful graphical flyer out of it. I talked to one of the Ron Paul Iowa campaign directors and they've decided to use this ad in a major ad buy in Iowa. So I've donated the ad to them. Only thing is they asked that the file be sent to tonight because tomorrow they make their ad purchase.
Problem is Promagma is the only one with access to the file and he's not on at this time. The minor edits they need are "over 11 million" changed to "over 18 million" and replace the last two lines with….

They don't want anything else in the text changed. Right now, we need to help track down promagma or whoever else may have access to the graphical file so we can edit this in time to send over tonight.

Thanks for all your wonderful help and support. Now, it is time win over the thousands of evangelicals that can put Ron Paul over the top in Iowa...and then the nation!

If you can not get in touch with this guy let me know -- I can rip the existing PDF

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 08:15 PM
If you can not get in touch with this guy let me know -- I can rip the existing PDF

If you guys can do that as a back up plan, let's do it just to be on the safe side. Can't risk any chances.

noztnac
12-17-2007, 08:17 PM
There are better pictures of Ron Paul out there. He looks old as hell in that one.

Also, this is not the kind of thing you want to give everyone. This should only be given to targeted Christian groups.

I, for example, am a Libertarian Christian and am very put off by candidates using their religion to get elected. I find it tacky and insulting.

But I'm sure it will be effective with certain groups of people.

krott5333
this is the thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=54534

which one is it? I can try to put it in photoshop and edit it.

Throwback280s
Yeah, I don't see promagma on now...Looks like he signed off again. Let's try to edit that pdf file whatever way possible.

Lord Xar
contact Linda Lagana

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 08:19 PM
This is the file. The edits are in the first post of this thread.

krott5333
12-17-2007, 08:19 PM
nevermind, im retarded

krott5333
12-17-2007, 08:20 PM
ill give it a shot

PimpBlimp
12-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Anyone have Adobe Acrobat full version?

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 08:24 PM
The only one I have is the linked one.

SophisticatedFarmGirl
12-17-2007, 08:27 PM
There are better pictures of Ron Paul out there. He looks old as hell in that one.

Also, this is not the kind of thing you want to give everyone. This should only be given to targeted Christian groups.

I, for example, am a Libertarian Christian and am very put off by candidates using their religion to get elected. I find it tacky and insulting.

But I'm sure it will be effective with certain groups of people.

He looks like Gandalf. :D

JoshLowry
12-17-2007, 08:27 PM

This link says 18 million and has the Iowa contact number. Am I missing something?

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 08:28 PM
MAJOR UPDATE: Promagma PMed me with the appropriate changes! Thanks everyone for helping out.

Benaiah
12-17-2007, 08:31 PM
MAJOR UPDATE: Promagma PMed me with the appropriate changes! Thanks everyone for helping out.

Please give us a link to it so we can print it. I'm going to mail this to every church in my town.

Brian Ristuccia
12-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Please give us a link to it so we can print it. I'm going to mail this to every church in my town.

I found it at http://www.nisagency.com/RP/christian_general_official.pdf - looks like it's been up since 8:17pm

promagma
12-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Yep I felt the forces of RPF summon me, so I set down my waffle and logged on.

As noticed, I also updated the currently posted flyers with the 18 million figure. This is really exciting!

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 08:36 PM
We are apart of history guys! I'm so excited to see the massive evangelical base finally be wakened up. They're really a sleeping giant!

Benaiah
12-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Yep I felt the forces of RPF summon me, so I set down my waffle and logged on.

As noticed, I also updated the currently posted flyers with the 18 million figure. This is really exciting!

lol

rightobeleftalone
12-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Ron Paul brings Americans back together. Here we have atheists working with Christian Evangelicals to reach the Evies! You gotta just love this! Way to go guys and gals!

UnReconstructed
12-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Anyway to adapt this to hand out to Christians in other states? or is there one that is already approved to go out to the rest of the country?

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 08:52 PM
This one is going to Iowa. Promagma, do you have an updated one for the general USA?

PimpBlimp
12-17-2007, 08:56 PM
A general USA flyer would be great. We need to get people to start mailing these out to their local churches.

Lucid American
12-17-2007, 09:07 PM
That's a pretty tight list. Good work.

I never even drew the parallel between the Fed and the money changers in the temple.

rfbz
12-17-2007, 09:09 PM
the "this angers God" part seems a bit much to me...but who knows, I'm not the target market for that ad

burningfur
12-17-2007, 09:09 PM
bump

this thread is very important.

burningfur
12-17-2007, 09:14 PM
bump

evadmurd
12-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Ron Paul brings Americans back together. Here we have atheists working with Christian Evangelicals to reach the Evies! You gotta just love this! Way to go guys and gals!

Uh..actually that is quite amazing and I never looked at it quite that way. Considering some of the vile exchanges we have around here!! LOL

mokkan88
12-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Wonderful job. I commend your efforts! God bless! :)

burningfur
12-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Hey throwback, did you get a hold of promagma?

Throwback280s
12-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Hey throwback, did you get a hold of promagma?

Yep! The ad has been sent to the campaign! Thanks very much for all your help.

kill the banks
12-17-2007, 09:49 PM
thx throwback for your fine effort for dr paul ... grassroots has been an amazing experience ...!

kill the banks

http://www.rprradio.com/

TwiLeXia
12-17-2007, 09:54 PM
NICE!! well-argued, concise, although a bit blunt in my opinion, but good job anyway!

LiveFreeorDie
12-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Bump

idiom
12-17-2007, 10:29 PM
The Evangalicals are a funny bunch. Assuming Huckabee was everything he said he was, RP should still be their numba two right? Some of their leading publications completely leave him out of otherwise complete line ups.

VRP08
12-17-2007, 10:31 PM
This is great and comes in such a right time! I know a couple people that NEED to see this!

promagma
12-17-2007, 10:51 PM
This one is going to Iowa. Promagma, do you have an updated one for the general USA?

There are non-Iowa versions here

Lord Xar
12-17-2007, 11:05 PM

UPDATE: Promagma has now made the appropriate changes and it has been sent off to the official campaign via email. Congratulations everyone!
http://www.nisagency.com/RP/christian_general_official.pdf
Feel free to print it out as a flyer and pass out to all your evangelical friends.

YOU SHOULD HAVE NOT HAVE POSTED THAT!

WHY?

HUCKABERRY WILL STEAL THE IDEA AND PAWN IT OFF AS HIS OWN!.

Throwback280s
12-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Huckabee won't be touching issues on the Fed, UN, and Dept of Education any time soon. If he does, he'll fall right into our territory and increase our ability to gain leverage.

PimpBlimp
12-18-2007, 10:20 AM
bump

burningfur
12-18-2007, 10:21 AM
was someone looking for this earlier?

rollingpig
12-18-2007, 10:23 AM
let's all give our blessings

Ethek
12-18-2007, 10:24 AM
was someone looking for this earlier?

I think this is going to be flying off of the presses now

burningfur
12-18-2007, 10:27 AM
There's another one coming out soon too, 7 reasons Ron Paul is tough on terror

ppc1040
12-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Given Paul's comments this morning, should we really have the crosses anywhere on the ad? I realize it is grassroots, but it seems pretty easy to just take the crosses off.

burningfur
12-18-2007, 10:35 AM
"It's something I would not do personally."

doesn't mean grassroots won't do it...you can check with throwback

ppc1040
12-18-2007, 10:40 AM
"It's something I would not do personally."

No disagreement whatsoever. And there is no problem with touting Paul's very real appeal to Christians. But if some MSM outlet sees the cross, they are going to be calling him a hypocrite, even though it quite clearly says it was done by the grassroots with no connection with him. Nevertheless, that can be spun (quite unfairly, of course) into a story about how having a grassroots campaign can be dangerous and Dr. Paul can't control what he's started.

Throwback280s
12-18-2007, 03:30 PM
S. Carolina will be using this ad as well.

burningfur
12-18-2007, 03:32 PM
S. Carolina will be using this ad as well.

It'll work great!

RoamZero
12-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Is it smart for the official campaign to use these ads? Romney has been getting flack for running negative ads against Huckabee. Also, Paul has said that he'd never resort to "that kind of stuff" (paraphrasing), religious imagery to promote his campaign. You will notice that those ads have crosses at the top. My personal view is that the ads are fine but I'm not sure if the official campaign should be using them.

InRonWeTrust
12-18-2007, 04:24 PM
get rid of the crosses NOW.

Mark Rushmore
12-18-2007, 04:28 PM
get rid of the crosses NOW.

After this morning's comment on Fox, yeah I agree it's effectively suicidal to run the ad as it stands.

fortilite
12-18-2007, 04:30 PM
I would get rid of the Israel point, too. It seems like you are telling them how they should feel on foreign policy based on thier religion. You should just focus on Christian rights, and how the federal government has no right to interfere with a church.

I'm not a Christian though, so I could be wrong.

I think a targeted ad to Christians is great though.

RockEnds
12-18-2007, 04:47 PM
This ad, the advice that has been ignored, the campaign endorsement, and the conflict with Ron Paul's statements is very disturbing to me.

The evangelical vote would be wonderful, but I question tactics and motives.

ggibson1
12-18-2007, 04:58 PM
This ad, the advice that has been ignored, the campaign endorsement, and the conflict with Ron Paul's statements is very disturbing to me.

There has been a whole lot of "genious" nay sayers around here predicting the sky is falling over everything from V for Vendetta to the blimp... but you can communicate to christians without showing a cross... just like how Ron Paul talks about the Christian just war doctrine... Talking to Christians about Christian issues can be done without surrounding Ron Paul with crosses...

pcosmar
12-18-2007, 05:00 PM

I have not seen a Campaign endorsement, and I seriously doubt that it will endorse this.
Ron Paul does NOT pander.

I have never been one who is comfortable talking about my faith in the political arena. In fact, the pandering that typically occurs in the election season I find to be distasteful. But for those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do. I know, as you do, that our freedoms come not from man, but from God. My record of public service reflects my reverence for the Natural Rights with which we have been endowed by a loving Creator.Ron Paul

RockEnds
12-18-2007, 05:09 PM
I know that people are afraid of losing the evangelical vote, but fear is a bad motivator.

LinearChaos
12-18-2007, 05:12 PM
I think the crosses are fine. One of my best friends is in the Franciscan order and saw the Fox News clip about Fascism this morning. The difference is that these ads are targeted, and not slimy subliminal pandering.

promagma
12-18-2007, 05:17 PM
I am working on a version with just a sunrise. It will be safer and I'm sure it will look just fine.

roversaurus
12-18-2007, 05:20 PM
But so are the crosses.

RP could simply appologize for his remark. He could also
say he didn't expect questions about someone elses commercial and
he responded with a common position of his. Proclaiming ones religious faith
as a campaign position is generally not good.

Jonadon
12-18-2007, 05:27 PM
This ad is pretty good except for the part that associates Jesus throwing the money changers out of the temple courts with getting rid of the Fed. Jesus was angry because people were turning his Father's house into a "market." Evangelical Christians will be familiar with this story and may be turned off if they feel that Ron Paul is manipulating the scriptures for political purposes--using the Scriptures for political gain just as the money changers used the temple for financial gain. You need to be very careful when venturing into the realm of Bible interpretation--Evangelicals are sensitive to this.

RockEnds
12-18-2007, 05:32 PM
A sunrise would be beautiful.

I really wish someone would reconsider the angry God manner in which the Israel issue is addressed, but the crosses would really inflame the church at this point.

Thank you for responding.

Oliver
12-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Change this horrible Picture of Ron Paul! Please!
Use one of these instead:
http://xs222.xs.to/xs222/07502/ron_cutout2.png
http://xs322.xs.to/xs322/07501/ron_cutout.png
http://xs322.xs.to/xs322/07501/RonPaulWallpaper.png

Throwback280s
12-18-2007, 05:53 PM
This ad is pretty good except for the part that associates Jesus throwing the money changers out of the temple courts with getting rid of the Fed. Jesus was angry because people were turning his Father's house into a "market." Evangelical Christians will be familiar with this story and may be turned off if they feel that Ron Paul is manipulating the scriptures for political purposes--using the Scriptures for political gain just as the money changers used the temple for financial gain. You need to be very careful when venturing into the realm of Bible interpretation--Evangelicals are sensitive to this.

A note about the Biblical money changers. They were engaging in a practice extremely similar to the Federal Reserve's practices. The Jews had to use a special coin to pay for temple sacrifices. These individuals had a complete monopoly on this special coin. With full control over the money supply, they were able to jack the price of the coin up tremendously. This robbed the poor people who were helpless to the monopoly money men.

burningfur
12-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Too much smiling can be bad, it could look cheesy. Especially underneath a sunrise or the three crosses.

Mark
12-18-2007, 06:19 PM
^^^

vegetarianrpfan
12-18-2007, 06:23 PM
My thoughts as a Christian well-versed in (at least in Illinois) Baptist teachings:

The crosses will get more attention than a sunrise, although a sunrise is also symbolic of Jesus and would be appropriate.

Make it prominent that this is not associated with the RP official campaign due to the comments this morning. However, I don't think the crosses are directly contradictory with what RP said. Huckabee is trying to base his entire campaign on the fact that he is a Christian and a preacher. Ron Paul is trying to do no such thing. The points give, plain and simple, why RP is the best candidate for Christians. If Huckabee can come up with a similar list without lying (which he can't), let him try.

Finally, most Christians are actually NOT well-versed in the Bible. They hear what the preacher says at church and they go by that. They plan to read the Bible, but they don't usually get around to it. A lot of people do read it, but everyone interprets it differently. I think the Fed is similar to the money changers story-- in a few key ways. Most Christians, honestly, don't know enough about the story to know the exact reasons why the money changers were thrown out.

I think it's good, and yay for everyone working together for a common cause :)

-----------------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com

integrity
12-18-2007, 06:25 PM
sorry folks, my opinion is they should be completely re-written.

instead of starting out the sentences "every other candidate" finish them up with that.

put Ron Pauls non-religious political position in BOLD and then describe what that position would mean to christians...

promagma
12-19-2007, 12:20 AM
Finally got around to it - sunrise version is out there:

Not as attractive IMO. But hey, we are the grassroots, we can have 5 different versions if we want it!

Benaiah
12-23-2007, 03:59 PM
bump