PDA

View Full Version : No more back and forth with the media. We're done with them.

RonPaulFever
12-17-2007, 07:58 PM
The grassroots has done everything within its power to get Ron Paul equal, not special, treatment by the MSM. Roughly 6 months and tens of millions of dollars later, we are still at square one with them. He is still a "longshot", "low in the polls", and a quirky/quixotic/kooky/flaky libertarian gadfly who has no chance of winning. Once in a while they'll throw us a bone with some decent coverage, stringing us along so we'll keep tuning in for our next scrap. They know that we have HOPE, and it scares the bejeebus out of them....but they aren't stupid either, and they are capitalizing on our hope and using it against us. We're walking right into their trap, folks. They are purposely trying to demoralize us and make us quit, and we can't let that happen.

The talking heads aren't in the business of waking people up, because that would be bad for business. We have to do this on our own, because we aren't getting any help and we never will. We don't need 'subsidies' from the media to be successful; all we need is the strength, determination and dedication that has brought us this far.

Turn off your TV sets, stop emailing and stop calling. Stop THANKING these people for biased, dismissive, intermittent coverage of what SHOULD be the political story of the year, and start giving back what they have given us: absolutely nothing.

Neo189
12-17-2007, 08:01 PM
This seems like an immature way of dealing with this. I think we need to reach out to the media more than ever; after all, we need them to spread the word.

shadow26
12-17-2007, 08:02 PM
The grassroots has done everything within its power to get Ron Paul equal, not special, treatment by the MSM. Roughly 6 months and tens of millions of dollars later, we are still at square one with them. He is still a "longshot", "low in the polls", and a quirky/quixotic/kooky/flaky libertarian gadfly who has no chance of winning. Once in a while they'll throw us a bone with some decent coverage, stringing us along so we'll keep tuning in for our next scrap. They know that we have HOPE, and it scares the bejeebus out of them....but they aren't stupid either, and they are capitalizing on our hope and using it against us. We're walking right into their trap, folks. They are purposely trying to demoralize us and make us quit, and we can't let that happen.

The talking heads aren't in the business of waking people up, because that wouldn't be bad for business. We have to do this on our own, because we aren't getting any help and we never will. We don't need 'subsidies' from the media to be successful; all we need is the strength, determination and dedication that has brought us this far.

Turn off your TV sets, stop emailing and stop calling. Stop THANKING these people for biased, dismissive, intermittent coverage of what SHOULD be the political story of the year, and start giving back what they have given us: absolutely nothing.

Hear, hear. Cancel your cable, and do it today!

rfbz
12-17-2007, 08:03 PM
seriously, whats with this giving up on the media stuff? Coverage does indeed help. Throwing a hissie fit and boycotting it may sound like a good way to "get back at them" or whatever but I don't really see how that helps anything.

dude58677
12-17-2007, 08:05 PM
seriously, whats with this giving up on the media stuff? Coverage does indeed help. Throwing a hissie fit and boycotting it may sound like a good way to "get back at them" or whatever but I don't really see how that helps anything.

It stops our dependency.

Malum Prohibitum
12-17-2007, 08:05 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. Its time to stop begging for their attention and take our case directly to the voters. Once we win a primary or two, they will act suprised and then beg for us to pay attention to them!

redpillguy
12-17-2007, 08:07 PM
This seems like an immature way of dealing with this. I think we need to reach out to the media more than ever; after all, we need them to spread the word.
Do you STILL not realize the media is the propaganda arm of the establishment?
Read this about the small circle of people that control the mass media:
http://rabbit-hole-journey.blogspot.com/2007/10/media-moguls-bankers-and-cfr.html

torchbearer
12-17-2007, 08:08 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2146/2119544590_d32fb8480e_o.jpg

"V" will take care of them.

ItsTime
12-17-2007, 08:09 PM
just do it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDGVpR2OLO4

RSLudlum
12-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Just bombard your local news media outlets. They'll react esp. if they start getting alot of calls from with in the community.

Remember you vote in the booth right next to your neighbor.

fuzzybekool
12-17-2007, 08:11 PM
What would happen if we organized a huge march (4-5 thousand people) to CNN headquarters in Atlanta to protest unfair and blatant bias reporting ?

a. FOX , NBC, ABC, CBS will stumble over each other to cover it.
b. Timid Americans will wake up and join us because we have "balls".
c. Undecided voters will at least check out who Ron Paul is.
d. Other corrupt media outlets will think twice about bias reporting.
e. all of the above.

I say the time is now to add fuel to this fire of freedom. They will not stop this garbage reporting and you all know it. Isn't it time we leave our computer and laptops in sleep mode and organized a vocal large march that will send this Ron Paul Revolution into orbit ?

traitorist
12-17-2007, 08:12 PM
It stops our dependency.

BINGO!

ecliptic
12-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Seriously,

The Ron Paul revolution is really large. It's growing exponentially. If the revolution decides that hoola hoops are the new symbol, then hoola hoops will suddenly have a huge sales spike. If the revolution decides to...oh... idunno .... BOYCOTT OLD MEDIA for instance... then by golly Old Media is in for a spankin' on the 'ol "bottom line" ....

Understand your power. The people have incredible power against the establishment if they simply stand together...

ronpaulfollower999
12-17-2007, 08:14 PM
We need to boycott the media. The coverage we received today about the Tea Party sucked. They talked about birds in a building longer than about Ron Paul. If Huckabee raised this kind of money it would be breaking news on every channel.

therealjjj77
12-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Here is what we can do:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58340

richk
12-17-2007, 08:16 PM
I agree. Let's not reward the media for shitty piss-poor biased ignorant reporting.
I do not mind giving kudos to Mccaffery of CNN and although he is a flake, Tucker of MSNBC. I am boycotting the rest of them. Hardball, what a friggin' joke.

Fox, ROFLMAO.

It goes on and on. It's truly a travesty to watch for the last 8-9 months. The bias, the deliberate misinformation, the inaccuracies, etc. etc. I mean, it sounds like a conspiracy, how bad the media is. But it's fucking true. I am beside myself on this issue.

FUCK FRANK LUNTZ, fuck all of them.

I hope somebody has been documenting this campaign from day 1 and can relate all the BS that has occurred. Of course, no one would buy the book. They would simply call the author a conspiracy nut.

FUCK the money bombs. We need a MSM BOYCOTT bomb.

I am serious, we need a NATIONAL BOYCOTT from these assholes!!!

LibertyForAll
We know who owns mainstream media. It's a fact they are on the way down the toilet. In the meantime we have a President we want to elect. Time to get creative, use some of that energy to get the message out in other ways than O'Really and the other fleabags. This is our one and only opportunity to take back our country. Creative Thinkers, STEP UP!

fuzzybekool
I do not advocate a boycott , only that we march and let them realize we are not chumps. We need to call them out to get any repsect. It is simple as that.

Oliver

Yes, BUY airtime. Not dreaming of airtime falling
from the sky because we archived this or that.

Their language is money. That's why they don't
understand our language.

literatim
12-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Why don't we do the opposite? Flood their mail and phone lines everyday? Then call their advertisers every day.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
Did the entire $10 million go just to Iowa, or is that just a piece of airtime RP bought?

Jodi

Yea right and they are doing a superb job of it too.

RonPaulFever
12-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Why don't we do the opposite? Flood their mail and phone lines everyday? Then call their advertisers every day.

We've already done that. How's that working out for us?

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-17-2007, 08:20 PM

This is proof that non-interventionism is the way to go. We cannot force the media to listen, no matter how loud we yell. We tried and failed. They won the battle, but we'll win the information war

AtomiC
12-17-2007, 08:25 PM
I say we do it the way Ronald Reagan did it.

I believe he created his own debates and such if I'm correct?

Bestboss
12-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Spend a bit more time Googling Ron Paul. Watch who is coming around. It's better than it was, but still has a long way to go.
Think about it this way.....As an individual, I can change gears and support any candidate I want at any time. Most reading this forum have done exactly that.
Now if I change those gears (other than in politics) in ways pertaining to my family or business, there are more variables to be considered. Wishy-washy thinking could have long term implications which must be considered.
In the business of media - and it is a business - without consistency, there would be no credibility. I hear those cries of "just report the truth" but opinions vary and let's face it, they are out to keep the advertisers products in our face.
I am an advocate of calling and writing the advertisers and letting them know what's on my mind. For the MSM, that is where the money is at. And let's face it....The MSM is trying to keep those boys happy too. How will our candidate affect the sales of their products and generation of profits?
So ask yourself again, why Dr. Paul get's so little attention. It's spretty friggin obvious.....He doesn't grease the palms of big business!

VRP08
12-17-2007, 08:31 PM

The talking heads aren't in the business of waking people up, because that would be bad for business. We have to do this on our own, because we aren't getting any help and we never will. We don't need 'subsidies' from the media to be successful; all we need is the strength, determination and dedication that has brought us this far.

As much as I see your frustration, we need the media. Yes they suck but to turn our backs on them won't help either and it rather sounds like you have given up TO FIGHT THEM. I'm not ready for that, not ready to do them that favor!

ronpaulfollower999
12-17-2007, 08:34 PM

I will e-mail them everyday until Ron Paul gets more media coverage than some bird in a building.

rfbz
12-17-2007, 08:35 PM
If you don't think trying to get the media to cover Ron Paul is that effective, guess how much they're going to cover him if we don't? Yes, we face and uphill battle, but some people in the media actually ARE coming around, and that might not have been the case if we hadn't been so persistent. I think some people are starting to develop a defeatists attitude and I don't see how that helps any.

aravoth
12-17-2007, 08:36 PM
if you want to get back the cable companies unplug from them. You don't need TV anyway, I did it a long time ago, and I'm doing just fine. Get a wireless antenna for your comp and steal a signal from Starbucks or something. Out of range? No problem, there are ways around that, just google it.

Get rid of your idiot box, get your ass outside, write editorials to your newspaper. And if they don't print it, cancel it. Respond the way the free market does.

You guys wouldn't put up with this shit if it were something else. If someone made a product that was harmful to your physical health, you wouldn't buy it. So why do you insist that you can't live without the very thing that fills your head with limitations? And is without a doubt detrimental to your mental health.

Cancel your cable service, use a small local Internet provider, they are out there. Or pirate a signal. Donate to the PAC's with your extra money you save. And read a book with your newly acquired sanity you got because your brain isn't going through the flashy blinking blender in your living room.

I recommend 'Atlas Shrugged'. 'Crashproof' is also good.

NewEnd
12-17-2007, 08:40 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58445

read this thread.

The reaction today from the grassroots is exactly the same as it was Nov 6th. Going through the history, it looked exactly liek the thread titles of today.

deja vu

AceNZ
12-17-2007, 08:44 PM
The media are not our friends, and they never will be. Even if Ron Paul wins in the primaries, they're likely to deny it (did you ever see Hannity denying Fox's own online polls?).

The MSM has successfully convinced most Americans that we need them. It's just not true. We don't need them.

Writing letter, marching, boycotting just won't work. They have MUCH more to lose if RP gets elected than they do by ignoring us. Advertisers are in bed with the MSM, so the same is true for them.

The best way to fight the MSM is to completely bypass them. This campaign has the largest grassroots following in political history. THAT is what we should use to fight back. We need votes, not MSM coverage. Walk'n'Talk!

Ron Paul for the win!

hawkeyenick
12-17-2007, 08:46 PM
The media are not our friends, and they never will be. Even if Ron Paul wins in the primaries, they're likely to deny it (did you ever see Hannity denying Fox's own online polls?).

The MSM has successfully convinced most Americans that we need them. It's just not true. We don't need them.

Writing letter, marching, boycotting just won't work. They have MUCH more to lose if RP gets elected than they do by ignoring us. Advertisers are in bed with the MSM, so the same is true for them.

The best way to fight the MSM is to completely bypass them. This campaign has the largest grassroots following in political history. THAT is what we should use to fight back. We need votes, not MSM coverage. Walk'n'Talk!

Ron Paul for the win!

It's true, we don't need them in the caucus...the general election will nab us all of the straight repug ticket voters

brumans
12-17-2007, 08:48 PM
This is going to help anything. It's a waste of time.

traitorist
12-17-2007, 08:49 PM
The best way to fight the MSM is to completely bypass them.

Ron Paul for the win!

amen. many here don't realize their need to wean themselves of the old media. they are more hooked than they can admit. i was once there myself. now over 3 years without old media, and i am blessed for it.

leaving the old media, seizing the power of other methods, is a revolution in itself.

LFOD
12-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Just bombard your local news media outlets. They'll react esp. if they start getting alot of calls from with in the community.

Remember you vote in the booth right next to your neighbor.

Yeah, yeah! Go local man! Listen, I'm a third-generation small newspaper owner. Here's the deal. We cover *anything* that is

1) LOCAL
2) INTERESTING

Ok? So go make something interesting happen, and tell your local newspaper about it. I can almost GUARANTEE it will appear.

Somewhere I heard the slogan

ALL POLITICS IS LOCAL

ecliptic
12-17-2007, 08:54 PM
if you want to get back the cable companies unplug from them. You don't need TV anyway, I did it a long time ago, and I'm doing just fine. Get a wireless antenna for your comp and steal a signal from Starbucks or something. Out of range? No problem, there are ways around that, just google it.

Get rid of your idiot box, get your ass outside, write editorials to your newspaper. And if they don't print it, cancel it. Respond the way the free market does.

You guys wouldn't put up with this shit if it were something else. If someone made a product that was harmful to your physical health, you wouldn't buy it. So why do you insist that you can't live without the very thing that fills your head with limitations? And is without a doubt detrimental to your mental health.

Cancel your cable service, use a small local Internet provider, they are out there. Or pirate a signal. Donate to the PAC's with your extra money you save. And read a book with your newly acquired sanity you got because your brain isn't going through the flashy blinking blender in your living room.

I recommend 'Atlas Shrugged'. 'Crashproof' is also good.

Basically, throw Old Media out with the garbage and seek out alternatives. And get back in touch with things like .... the stars on a clear dark night...

Become an effective "seed spreader" and do this regularly. Learn the intricacies of the political process and master them. Learn the wisdom of the founding fathers and their peers. Practice tolerance and revel in our differences!

We are legion...

The revolution has begun

ecliptic
12-17-2007, 09:02 PM
... go make something interesting happen, and tell your local newspaper about it. I can almost GUARANTEE it will appear.

Not in Colorado. Almost ALL local papers are really advertisers posing as newspapers. They are all owned by one corporation - and they don't print certain kinds of "unacceptable" information. All controlled from the top by the owner of the owners....

torchbearer
12-17-2007, 09:17 PM
A very famous sociologist, C. Wright Mills, wrote a book that is a must read for anyone not familiar with our current Elitist system of Government,Corporations, Military, and Media...
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Book_Excerpts/PowerElite.html

This is a serious scientific study of the power structure in the U.S.

torchbearer
12-17-2007, 09:31 PM
//

max
12-17-2007, 09:33 PM

Reach out to the media?????

Dude, if a man wants to rape my wife and kill my kids, should I "reach out" to him?

The MSM is at war with us...

Jojo
12-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Hear, hear. Cancel your cable, and do it today!

Yes. Turn off the mind control box.