PDA

View Full Version : Facing the truth: We have been ignored + What to do about it

HayekianGuy
12-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Despite our best efforts. Despite our record breaking day. I think that most of us can agree that we have been ignored. A historical political moment that is nothing more than a blurb in the national news. We get a giant billboard in the form of a blimp to fly. A first in US history. Little coverage. I am resolved to think that there is not much more that we as supporters can do to push our man Ron Paul. The onus now falls on the man himself.

We have gone above and beyond what any other supporters for any other candidate has done. Its time for Ron Paul to step it up. Continuing deliver the same message of peace, freedom, and prosperity but its time to go on the attack. Dr. Paul has to start going after the other candidates. Not in a personal way but on the facts. He has to hit them hard in such a way that they will have to respond to his comments. He has to be specific so that the media looks deeper into the platforms of each of the candidates. He has to stop with the generalities about his platform and go candidate by candidate saying how he is different and how they are wrong for the country. This Sunday's interview on Meet the Press is the perfect time for this. But it cant stop there. He needs to call press conferences and go on more talk shows hitting these candidates non-stop. Again, not in a mean way but on an intellectual level. I think we all have a lot riding on this election and we have done a lot. Ron Paul is our man, but he needs to show that he can give it out as well as take it. I am not sure if this will actually happen, but I think that the time has come.

derdy
12-17-2007, 07:49 PM
ummm. There's plenty you can do. Go door-to-door, become a delegate etc.

hawkeyenick
12-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Despite our best efforts. Despite our record breaking day. I think that most of us can agree that we have been ignored. A historical political moment that is nothing more than a blurb in the national news. We get a giant billboard in the form of a blimp to fly. A first in US history. Little coverage. I am resolved to think that there is not much more that we as supporters can do to push our man Ron Paul. The onus now falls on the man himself.

We have gone above and beyond what any other supporters for any other candidate has done. Its time for Ron Paul to step it up. Continuing deliver the same message of peace, freedom, and prosperity but its time to go on the attack. Dr. Paul has to start going after the other candidates. Not in a personal way but on the facts. He has to hit them hard in such a way that they will have to respond to his comments. He has to be specific so that the media looks deeper into the platforms of each of the candidates. He has to stop with the generalities about his platform and go candidate by candidate saying how he is different and how they are wrong for the country. This Sunday's interview on Meet the Press is the perfect time for this. But it cant stop there. He needs to call press conferences and go on more talk shows hitting these candidates non-stop. Again, not in a mean way but on an intellectual level. I think we all have a lot riding on this election and we have done a lot. Ron Paul is our man, but he needs to show that he can give it out as well as take it. I am not sure if this will actually happen, but I think that the time has come.

jesus christ can't you wait 2 or 3 days to see how it pans out?

this isn't the internet, it doesn't happen instantly

Jodi
12-17-2007, 07:51 PM
I think we need to get out work at the polls and canvass. Join a meetup if you haven't already. Lets make Ron Paul a household name!!!!!

frasu
12-17-2007, 07:54 PM
I am not sure attacking will be a good way, but critique of the fact that the rest of the candidets are not serious about helping people and just do another show to get to the office...

It is obvious now that one man at the time is the pace that will have to be continued... We have it the hard way, but in the same time the Old Media has no idea of our true strength...

ItsTime
12-17-2007, 07:56 PM
We should be doing this. I handed out 100 today (not door to door but still)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDGVpR2OLO4

justinc.1089
12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
I agree with you. We must figure out a way to reach the same number of people that the other candidates will reach using the old media despite us NOT having the old media to reach that number of people.

If we don't come up with a serious strategy and answer to this very real and unbelieveably huge problem we may not win.

How many meetup members that are actually active do we have?

We were talking like a month ago in my meetup and figured we might only have like 200-300 active people across ALL of SC.

How many people will it take to reach the same number of people the Old Media reaches with meetup members talking to them face to face or through phone calls?

How many people does the Old Media reach everyday?

We need to get to addressing these questions and quick, or we risk losing the primaries. We're up against a very powerful machine, and we better start acting like it.

Pride
12-17-2007, 07:58 PM
jesus christ can't you wait 2 or 3 days to see how it pans out?

this isn't the internet, it doesn't happen instantly

But this is reoccurring, this isn't the first time and it will not change. I'm sick of the media bias, the lies and the propaganda. It's been happening for years because we have let it happen. The 'sheep' in the US do not care enough for change.

beobeli
12-17-2007, 07:59 PM
http://www.ballotbase.org The Libertarian party is donating this service to Ron Paul supporters.

InRonWeTrust
12-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Fight as hard as we can, but also prepare for a 3rd Party run.

Sematary
12-17-2007, 08:03 PM
We did what we set out to do - give RP money to build name recognition by buying advertising and building has campaign. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
The first money bomb was a shock and got lots of attention. This one is now more of the same - nothing to see here, kind of stuff. Anyone who thought different was sadly mistaken. Sure, we got SOME press, but it's not big news any more. The REAL payoff is going to come in being able to pay "volunteers" to come to IA to canvass and in more advertising. Relax. It's all good. :)

ecliptic
12-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Boycott Old Media

Demand Paper Ballots

Reject Government Tyranny