PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's conference call

BrianH
12-17-2007, 07:29 PM
We just got a call from Ron Paul asking if we want to join a conference call. Totally unexpected. You can even push a button to call a question and he's answering questions from all over Iowa. It is so cool!

fortilite
12-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Huh?

tiznow
12-17-2007, 07:37 PM
yeah i'm on the call too pretty sure its only iowa as the incoming number came from iowa HQ (des moines area code)

its a townhall Q&A type session this is awesome

money well spent :D

hopefully getting some on the fence converted

BrianH
12-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Yes, a very nice town hall format, no screening of calls. Ron invites people to hit *3 to ask questions and he takes all. Simple and magic. I love this technology. It seems like a lot are listening - I think they called all the Iowa donors.

tiznow
12-17-2007, 07:42 PM
hopefully the campaign recording this i'm sure they are

probably will be useful going forward

beobeli
12-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Awesome idea -- love it!!! Webinar and/or Conference call.

SUGGEST TO THE CAMPAIGN TO START CALLING IOWA NON-DONORS TOO. Perhaps the campaign can schedule this once a day every day from now on. In addition to calling people, provide a dial-in number which should be spread virally mount-to-mouth, web, email.

On the top of all the letters/DVD we've been sending this should help bypass the old media's censorship.

tekkierich
12-17-2007, 07:53 PM
they should do this with power voters... try to get 50 on a call at a time. It would do good for Paul to spend an hour every day like this.

tiznow
12-17-2007, 07:53 PM
yeah hope its beyond donors not really sure who they called but i am a donor so can't rule that out

this is nice and all for me but should be more about getting people on the fence to get enthusiastic about voting for him in the caucus

BrianH
12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
A lot of the callers have said they were at a Rally or Ron Paul Speech so I am pretty sure it's donors only. Very family chat feeling. I don't know how to target Ron Paul supporters who are not donors. Calling registered Republicans like the pollsters do is pretty discouraging.

tiznow
12-17-2007, 08:02 PM
was an hour or so just ended really good

at end he said "possibly" can do it again in the near future

tiznow
12-17-2007, 08:05 PM
A lot of the callers have said they were at a Rally or Ron Paul Speech so I am pretty sure it's donors only. Very family chat feeling. I don't know how to target Ron Paul supporters who are not donors. Calling registered Republicans like the pollsters do is pretty discouraging.

i don't mean call all republicans but they are doing alot of calling identifying support and i'm sure they notate either strong supporter or as leaning towards him but not fully there yet

call the latter is what i mean

not sure they have the ability to call the whole list they have as ron paul people od various degrees of support but that said

i'm guessing its started at like 7 pm as it ended promptly at 8 pm

and i didn't get the call till 7:10 or so pm it was already in progress so guessing they called beyond donors since it took 10 minutes to get to my number but not sure

RobS
12-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Michigan just had a conference call with our campaign people/county coordinators all over as well. Talked about numerous things, most exciting for me was that we will be targeting unions HEAVILY.