PDA

View Full Version : this quarter top fund raiser... Ron Paul?

quantized
12-17-2007, 07:22 PM
can we secure this honor? how many millions more do we need?

ItsTime
12-17-2007, 07:22 PM
as many millions as we can get

TheNewYorker
12-17-2007, 07:32 PM
As far as amount actually "raised", then yes we will be #1 by a long shot.

However, the media will only report on the actual "cash on hand", and since Romney just cut a check to his campaign for $17mil a week or two ago, Romney will be #1 according to the media.

bolidew
12-17-2007, 07:35 PM
We need to get $20 mil to expect any major media attentions.

Abobo
12-17-2007, 07:39 PM
We need to get $20 mil to expect any major media attentions.

We should never expect any media attention. They are corrupt elitists. We could raise a trillion dollars in five minutes and they wouldn't report it. They would be too busy covering what the Huckster ate for breakfast.

crasster
12-17-2007, 07:46 PM
We should never expect any media attention. They are corrupt elitists. We could raise a trillion dollars in five minutes and they wouldn't report it. They would be too busy covering what the Huckster ate for breakfast.

I sort of use to think like this, but we must understand the nature of corporations. They'll follow whoever they think will make them the most dough in the long run.

Ron's going on the media a LOT Tuesday. No complaints there..... We'll just see how they treat him.

++ meet the press
++ 1 hour Glenn Beck
++ documentary on PBS

He's catching on!

fortilite
12-17-2007, 07:49 PM
There is no way to know, most candidates aren't releasing in the info until the Q4 reporting deadline. If we raise $21 million we will beat every candidate's Q3.

Abobo
12-17-2007, 07:54 PM
I sort of use to think like this, but we must understand the nature of corporations. They'll follow whoever they think will make them the most dough in the long run.

Ron's going on the media a LOT Tuesday. No complaints there..... We'll just see how they treat him.

++ meet the press
++ 1 hour Glenn Beck
++ documentary on PBS

He's catching on!

I know how corporations SHOULD work. But the fact is they aren't just thinking of the bottom line of one company. They are controlled by their board of directors who also have large holdings in other corporations. So, even if they lose some money with what they do in the media they will make it back up through their war profits. All the biggest companies are connected through either board members or directly through parent companies.

Don't get me wrong I like it when Ron Paul gets media coverage. But we should never expect it. Just look at today. We broke the all time fund raising record and what do they go on and on and on about? Who some fucking paper endorsed.

mtmedlin
12-17-2007, 09:25 PM
HERES THE RECORD AND WE CAN BEAT IT.

Mitt Romney $20,737,149

This is Q1. I checked every other quarter and he has the record.

gocubsgo
12-17-2007, 09:26 PM
I think we should push to get it to 20 MIllion for this quarter.

PimpBlimp
12-17-2007, 09:28 PM
I have no doubt we will raise over 20 million this quarter.

Of course, it requires getting new people interested in Dr. Paul. Something we should all be doing right now.

Harry96
12-17-2007, 09:32 PM
The Paul campaign recently put out a press release stating that Giuliani raised the most in Q3, at just over 10 million, followed closely by Romney (this doesn't count any loans Romney made to himself).

All of the candidates except Paul and Huckabee saw their donations fall sharply from Q2 to Q3, so it's safe to assume that trend is occurring again. But, even if we assume everyone but Paul and Huckabee raise about the same in Q4 as Q3, Paul is still probably going to raise at least double what the #2 funraiser will, and as much or more than #s 2 and 3 combined.

Aldanga
12-17-2007, 09:48 PM
I have no doubt we will raise over 20 million this quarter.

Of course, it requires getting new people interested in Dr. Paul. Something we should all be doing right now.

+1