PDA

View Full Version : I live in Johnston Iowa (three precincts in my hometown)

weary
12-17-2007, 07:15 PM
I live in Johnston, Iowa. I have been doing some brainstorming for my precinct.

I have a list of all registered republican voters, and my preceint has about 275 people. A handwritten envelope (with typed letter) would cost about $112.00 in stamps. Getting volunteers to help me handwrite the letters is not a problem.

MY QUESTION:
How to I get volunteers to pay for the stamps? If I also do all other precincts in Johnston, my very rough guess is that this would cost about $500.00 (for all stamps, all envelopes, paper).

Does anybody here have ideas on the finances? How to handle? I don't have the money to do this myself.

Also, I have not been hanging out here in the forums. Which obviously has been a mistake!!!

thanks,
Karen

ICPC
12-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Karen,

I Think i might be able to help you. I live in Ankeny and have access to most of what you are talking about. If you can get the volunteers i have all the other resources. Would you be interested in some help?

Let me know,
Ryan

weary
12-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Ryan,

I just sent you a private message with my phone & email - so please check your email.

I have found out that there are 800 people in my precinct (not 275 as my original post indicated!). I think I am still willing to mail to 800, but of course I have no money for something like that (my precinct alone is over $300 in postage).

In light of the time constraints, and money constraints, and my desire to cover all the bases, I have started doing a door to door drop off in Johnston. Which might be just as good? I don't know?

thanks,
Karen