PDA

View Full Version : How To Make The Media Cover Ron Paul

therealjjj77
12-17-2007, 07:04 PM
We have done everything we possibly can to get the MSM to announce Ron Paul as THE front runner. Now we have one last resort.

The major media stations get their pay from companies who advertise on them. To get to the MSM you simply take away their advertisers. You boycott any name brands that advertise on their station. This is very simple. We create a website where people can enter their name and city and state and compile a huge list. Then on that site we place the products to boycott. We send a letter to each company that is advertising with the MSM who isn't covering RP.

This letter very peacefully states that we are boycotting their products and why and how many people. This also states the website they can go to verify this and contact information for the person who can reverse this.

This will change the major media stations when they are losing their customers. CFR can't bail them out of this one.

Who's up for it?

therealjjj77
12-17-2007, 07:08 PM
I thought of this when a radio group in Davenport, IA approached my business about advertising with them. I basically told them that their coverage of Ron Paul in their news would determine my decision on that. I told them many people support him and aren't listening to a lot of radio stations simply because they don't cover him, or don't cover him as much as they'd like. I told them I would hate to advertise on a station that is currently being boycotted.

isrow
12-17-2007, 07:16 PM
I like the idea. This is the beauty of capitalism, we all get to vote with our dollars. Someone should make a website, QUICK. If we can get half the people who donated to yesterday to sign up the media would definitely pay attention.

ecliptic
12-17-2007, 08:19 PM
CFR can't bail them out of this one.

I beg to differ. The CFR can indeed "bail them out" as often as they like. This is not "free market news" but supra-nationally controlled propaganda. They can operate at a "loss" indefinitely. Wake up America!

integrity
12-17-2007, 08:20 PM
http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6632255652046262625&hl=en

justinc.1089
12-17-2007, 08:21 PM
If someone gets the site up I will pledge to boycott!

I say get it going! It can't hurt.

Akus
12-17-2007, 08:22 PM
We have done everything we possibly can to get the MSM to announce Ron Paul as THE front runner. Now we have one last resort.

The major media stations get their pay from companies who advertise on them. To get to the MSM you simply take away their advertisers. You boycott any name brands that advertise on their station. This is very simple. We create a website where people can enter their name and city and state and compile a huge list. Then on that site we place the products to boycott. We send a letter to each company that is advertising with the MSM who isn't covering RP.

This letter very peacefully states that we are boycotting their products and why and how many people. This also states the website they can go to verify this and contact information for the person who can reverse this.

This will change the major media stations when they are losing their customers. CFR can't bail them out of this one.

Who's up for it?

didn't some one propose mass cancellation of cable television?

Liberty4life
12-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Nice idea but the game is too far into the end, the media doesn't need money any more, to get their attention you have to go there en masse like a freedom march on all media outlets, what would they think if RP supporters showed up en masse on Good Morning America :p

fuzzybekool
12-17-2007, 08:26 PM
What would happen if we organized a huge march (4-5 thousand people) to CNN headquarters in Atlanta to protest unfair and blatant bias reporting ?

a. FOX , NBC, ABC, CBS will stumble over each other to cover it.
b. Timid Americans will wake up and join us because we have "balls".
c. Undecided voters will at least check out who Ron Paul is.
d. Other corrupt media outlets will think twice about bias reporting.
e. all of the above.

I say the time is now to add fuel to this fire of freedom. They will not stop this garbage reporting and you all know it. Isn't it time we leave our computer and laptops in sleep mode and organized a vocal large march that will send this Ron Paul Revolution into orbit ?

Gordon
12-17-2007, 08:42 PM
The greatest and only protest that can work is canceling your cable or satalite and then hooking up your computer's digital video output to your tv.

krott5333
12-17-2007, 08:46 PM
What would happen if we organized a huge march (4-5 thousand people) to CNN headquarters in Atlanta to protest unfair and blatant bias reporting ?

a. FOX , NBC, ABC, CBS will stumble over each other to cover it.
b. Timid Americans will wake up and join us because we have "balls".
c. Undecided voters will at least check out who Ron Paul is.
d. Other corrupt media outlets will think twice about bias reporting.
e. all of the above.

I say the time is now to add fuel to this fire of freedom. They will not stop this garbage reporting and you all know it. Isn't it time we leave our computer and laptops in sleep mode and organized a vocal large march that will send this Ron Paul Revolution into orbit ?

That is actually not a bad idea. Part of me thinks that it would alienate people due to our "craziness".. however, a bigger part of me thinks this would really be a good idea.

SJohnsson
12-17-2007, 08:49 PM
We should definitely start targeting sponsors. For better or worse, we hold an inordinate amount of power on the internet, and with this we can yield spectacular results. Imagine a website where we make known sponsors of media outlets deemed unfair and we start making videos exclaiming their bad sponsorships, pictures (hilarious or not) driving home the point of how their money is allowing this bias, and generally painting them in a bad light.

their big marketing firms know that if one of those pieces of multimedia we create goes viral, it could cause a huge blow to their brand and bottom line. Trust me, even if they didn't immediately react and pull sponsorship, all their future decisions would take us into consideration.

It's the free market people! We need to create the INCENTIVES so things can change.

SJohnsson
12-17-2007, 08:55 PM
That is actually not a bad idea. Part of me thinks that it would alienate people due to our "craziness".. however, a bigger part of me thinks this would really be a good idea.

I disagree, they're not going to self-incriminate themselves. It is much easier for them to characterize us in a way that benefits them. And this would almost certainly hurt Dr. Paul. We need to play them at their own game. The corporations that advertise with them need to be swayed onto the people's side.

Trust me, when push comes to shove, follow the money. And the money says that the advertisers want to satisfy us! We need to show them that the promotion of fair reporting practices is an important value of ours, and they can either come along for the ride, or get left behind.

Liberty4life
12-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Nice ideas but they don't need money anymore, paper money is worthless and they know it, the only thing that has value is power, we the people have the most power, lets show them who is really in charge
:cool:

RPforthewin
12-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Or do both. The marches may or may not make a big difference - but they won't hurt.

Boycotting sponsors of MRM may or may not be effective - but they won't hurt either.

If nothing else, it will give us an idea of what will and what won't work. It may also give us an idea of how large a movement we need to make an impact (100k people? 1 million people? 10 million people? etc.)

Anyone able to start the website of the MRM corporate sponsors? If so - any links yet?

therealjjj77
12-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Or do both. The marches may or may not make a big difference - but they won't hurt.

Boycotting sponsors of MRM may or may not be effective - but they won't hurt either.

If nothing else, it will give us an idea of what will and what won't work. It may also give us an idea of how large a movement we need to make an impact (100k people? 1 million people? 10 million people? etc.)

Anyone able to start the website of the MRM corporate sponsors? If so - any links yet?

First, it doesn't cost any money or time.

Second, NO BUSINESS SURVIVES WITHOUT CUSTOMERS!!!

If you take my business's customer base and decrease it by 10-20% that can really make me want to find out what the problem is. If the customers are saying that they won't do business with me because I'm not selling a certain product, then I better get that product or I go out of business.

This puts the force on the MSM to either change or go out of business.

Either is fine with me.

They don't care if you boycott them. They do care if you boycott their customers and it's communicated why this boycott is taking place.

Also, the argument that we are at the end... My friend, this is just the beginning. We will win the nomination but what about after that? We have got to take this all the way to the White House. This is the only way. The effects will take place on the MSM within 1-2 months, maybe sooner. This is so simple and easy. And it doesn't cost ANYTHING!!! =D

idiom
12-17-2007, 10:09 PM
You could have a sit-in at their head quarters. You would need 100,000 people or so to overwhelm them.
At lot of news survives without Customers. New often runs as a loss leader.

therealjjj77
12-17-2007, 10:33 PM
We should definitely start targeting sponsors. For better or worse, we hold an inordinate amount of power on the internet, and with this we can yield spectacular results. Imagine a website where we make known sponsors of media outlets deemed unfair and we start making videos exclaiming their bad sponsorships, pictures (hilarious or not) driving home the point of how their money is allowing this bias, and generally painting them in a bad light.

their big marketing firms know that if one of those pieces of multimedia we create goes viral, it could cause a huge blow to their brand and bottom line. Trust me, even if they didn't immediately react and pull sponsorship, all their future decisions would take us into consideration.

It's the free market people! We need to create the INCENTIVES so things can change.

I believe the best approach is an unemotional rigid approach. They comply, they don't get boycotted. They don't comply, they remain boycotted. Attempt to gain the sponsors as our allies and we will win over the MSM.

RPforthewin
12-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Also, the argument that we are at the end... My friend, this is just the beginning. We will win the nomination but what about after that? We have got to take this all the way to the White House. This is the only way. The effects will take place on the MSM within 1-2 months, maybe sooner. This is so simple and easy. And it doesn't cost ANYTHING!!! =D

This is a good point. I also want to mention - that it does not end at the White House. Ron Paul cannot restore the republic himself, only responsible citizens can do so completely. Dr. Paul is a leader, of course, but we don't win by "swinging government our way". We win by getting government out of the way, and restoring it to protection of liberty rather than "directing" our futures.

Someone else linked this video on these forums; I just viewed it and I'm also going to recommend it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958

Also, look to run for Precinct Executive in your voting district (if there already isn't a precinct executive that is trustworthy) and help to ensure that votes are counted by hand on paper, and not on solely on electronic counting machines. The source code for all of the counting machines has never been revealed and can be one of the most invisible and thus detrimental forces against this campaign and others like it.

Problem and one good solution (see step 3 under Action Steps) linked here:
http://www.networkamerica.org/action_program_2008.htm

http://video-review.blogspot.com/2007/11/vote-fraud-with-voting-machines-hacking.html

These are probably linked somewhere else on the forums -- wouldn't be a bad idea to sticky them somewhere.

therealjjj77
12-17-2007, 11:29 PM
This is a good point. I also want to mention - that it does not end at the White House. Ron Paul cannot restore the republic himself, only responsible citizens can do so completely. Dr. Paul is a leader, of course, but we don't win by "swinging government our way". We win by getting government out of the way, and restoring it to protection of liberty rather than "directing" our futures.

Someone else linked this video on these forums; I just viewed it and I'm also going to recommend it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958

Also, look to run for Precinct Executive in your voting district (if there already isn't a precinct executive that is trustworthy) and help to ensure that votes are counted by hand on paper, and not on solely on electronic counting machines. The source code for all of the counting machines has never been revealed and can be one of the most invisible and thus detrimental forces against this campaign and others like it.

Problem and one good solution (see step 3 under Action Steps) linked here:
http://www.networkamerica.org/action_program_2008.htm

http://video-review.blogspot.com/2007/11/vote-fraud-with-voting-machines-hacking.html

These are probably linked somewhere else on the forums -- wouldn't be a bad idea to sticky them somewhere.

This approach would be purely a free market approach. We are voting with our dollar what media station we want. Boycotting is fine as long as you aren't violating anyone's rights. We would not be doing that. We would be economically vocalizing what type of media coverage we support and don't support. This is perfectly acceptable in a free society and Ron Paul would encourage something like this, regardless of whether it is for him or against him.

smartguy911
12-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Instead of cancelling or boycotting media, why not just try to get the word out to the People. We are running out of time and word needs to get out.

For example, if you have a dvd-rw on your computer, download Ron Paul Dvd --> order 100 dvd-r from newegg or your local store ---> give those ron paul dvd to your friends, family , relatives, co-workers, teacher, leave them at cafeteria, pass them out your local library etc etc etc. If just 10,000 supporters can spread 100 dvd's around, you get 1,000,000 Ron Paul dvd's.

N13
12-19-2007, 12:42 PM
One vote for placing in the top three in Iowa. That will get some media attention.

Plus, its right around the corner.