PDA

View Full Version : Question for famous folks in here

BillyDkid
12-17-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm sure there are more than a couple of pretty famous folks who have joined us in here. I have a question for you? What is the major issue with coming out publicly in support of Ron Paul? or with appearing in a spot in support of Ron Paul? I'm basically nobody and can influence no one in particular except maybe my dog. Even my son doesn't put much stock in my opinions. But if I had any influence I would sure be doing all I can to promote this campaign. The way I see it we are fighting for the fate of the country and children's future. I see where Tucker has said he is voting for Dr. Paul and that is great. Hollywood celebs have no issue coming out in support of candidates and causes. Are you telling me we don't have at least the equivalent of a Chuck Norris coming out in support of Ron Paul???? And to you media types who might be in here - where are you voices in regard to the deliberate marginalization of Ron Paul by the media at large?

Joey Wahoo
12-17-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm worried that I publicly announce my support for Dr. Paul it might turn off many of my fans. Unfortunately, they prefer their heroes to be apolitical.

Oliver
12-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm worried that I publicly announce my support for Dr. Paul it might turn off many of my fans. Unfortunately, they prefer their heroes to be apolitical.

Would you get broke over it? :rolleyes:
Added: How much Fans are we talking about here?

yongrel
12-17-2007, 06:44 PM
I worry that if I announce publicly, my two fans will grow disenchanted with me, and find someone else to feed them twice daily.

Cats are such fickle fans.

Mark Rushmore
12-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Unfortunately, they prefer their heroes to be apolitical.

Probably only because they've never had the chance to have a worthwhile political hero like Ron Paul.

lasenorita
12-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Keep in mind that subliminal messaging in the form of a floating cross is more effective than blatant advertisement. :D

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-17-2007, 06:47 PM

I think that every celebrity that comes out in support of Ron Paul will only get more famous and make more money for doing so... like c'mon....

Jojo
12-17-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm sure there are more than a couple of pretty famous folks who have joined us in here. I have a question for you? What is the major issue with coming out publicly in support of Ron Paul? or with appearing in a spot in support of Ron Paul? I'm basically nobody and can influence no one in particular except maybe my dog. Even my son doesn't put much stock in my opinions. But if I had any influence I would sure be doing all I can to promote this campaign. The way I see it we are fighting for the fate of the country and children's future. I see where Tucker has said he is voting for Dr. Paul and that is great. Hollywood celebs have no issue coming out in support of candidates and causes. Are you telling me we don't have at least the equivalent of a Chuck Norris coming out in support of Ron Paul???? And to you media types who might be in here - where are you voices in regard to the deliberate marginalization of Ron Paul by the media at large?

Except for the Baywatch girl (I forget her name, I don't watch tv), I haven't heard of any celebrity stand up in support of Ron Paul. What's going on?

Revolutn
12-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Have we all forgotten already that Barry Manilow donated $2,300 to Dr. Paul?!

(cough)

Of course he also gave to 2 or three other candidates....and didn't endorse...and he's kinda not so hip or cool....

Eh nevermind, best we DO forget perhaps :p

Nancy A
12-17-2007, 06:54 PM
You won't get many answers---they are afraid of being ridiculed---simple as that.

aravoth
12-17-2007, 07:02 PM
They don't come out and say they support him because nothing has directly affected them yet.

All American celebrities do this. They sit on the side lines on everything. They talk about "helping the poor", "feeding the hungry". And they want the people to pay for it all through government taxes. Oh, it sure sounds noble, people with wealth asking the people without wealth to pay for everything. Of course then they throw out the good ol', "I get paid a lot of money, the IRS should tax me more cause it's not fair". Excpet that nothing is stopping them from "donating" more of their incomes to the IRS. Hell, in most states you can choose to do it on your tax forms. Not a single person among them that practices what they preach. Except for that Jolie chick.

But the best part is when they get afflicted with some crazy, rare disease. Then they see that their stupid, political ideas won't save them, or anyone else. Then all of the sudden they act like a normal American, and take matters into their own hands. They form some charity group to help people afflicted with the same disease they are. But they would never do it until it happened to them.

Wait a few years when the economy is totally fucked, and they see suffering everywhere they turn, then they might come out of their shells. Only problem will be, that by that time, the public will be begging for government handouts. The wealthy will become scorned by the masses for being successful, and their whole over spoiled lives will go to shit.

thomaspaine23
12-17-2007, 07:03 PM

Then the question is do you love liberty more than security? No one can make that call for you.

However where would America be if the founding father's didn't step forward and sign the Declaration of Independence? They put their lives on the line, not just their livelyhood.

IMO Paul needs endorsements for this to really snowball.

davidkachel
12-17-2007, 07:36 PM
There are dozens of celebrities in this country who are self-declared libertarians, many with a big "L".
It is not possible they do not know what is going on or do not know the stakes.
To all of them I say, your timidity at this time when your country needs you the most will not be forgotten. There is no "later" in this fight.
Speak up now or forever be remembered in the same breath with other notorious cowards throughout our history.