PDA

View Full Version : Blimp flight path ?

michael.byrne
12-17-2007, 06:31 PM
(Dec 19th update)

The path today is awful. They missed all of the big cities. Currently they fly over Chesapeake Bay.

Why they didn't fly along I-95? Based on the map, the route isn't longer. I-95 trafic is huge. And Washington D.C , Baltimore City are big cities. They skipped all that. Why ??

The blimp is the advertising tool, how efficience it is to go over unpopulated area ?

Tell me the reason, and something I didn't aware of before asking me more money.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Original Post)
Since now we have GPS, I saw how inefficient the path is.

Why we didn't fly on top of I-95 instead of flying parallel with it? I don't know if there is any restriction since no one bothers to explain. Can someone, once and for all, explains why they don't fly above major highways ?

Why do we flight during night time ? Every hour on air will be counted to the rented time. It remind me about the 2nd banner. If they had waited for a couple more hours that day to install the banner, the weather was ok to exit the hangar. And they don't need to fly back to the hangar again (cost us money + time).

The north east weather is so bad now, are we still trying to go to NH ? If not, where are we going ? The flight plan in ronpaulblimp.com is a joke. Check for yourself http://ronpaulblimp.com/FlightPlan.php

The blimp doesn't generate as much publicity as many had hoped. No "wow" factor. And with a poor execution from blimp organizers, I don't think the blimp should fly another month.

Just my 2c.

Ilhaguru
12-17-2007, 08:06 PM
If you fly on top of the highways, the people below it will see a white blimp and a gondola. . . not the message on the side of the blimp.

I believe it is flying over night to get ASAP to EC to get the other banner on. If we wait until tomorrow morning, the weather might suck and we might get stuck for DAYS in the hangar.

The weather is unpredictable, it is easy to criticize now since we have the info, but not before- would have been worse if the weather had not been ok and we'd been stuck in the hangar.

The weather in the East of the USA seems to be getting quieter, so we should slowly move up north as possible. Even if slowly, spending more time in Richmond, DC, NYC, Boston, etc. then NH.

michael.byrne
12-17-2007, 08:50 PM
If you fly on top of the highways, the people below it will see a white blimp and a gondola. . . not the message on the side of the blimp.

Even people didn't see the message much, it would raise a lot of curiosity, it's much better than flying over the field. Btw, what prevent them to have the bottom banner? The bottom banner would utilize the advertising space. They have at least 2 weeks to make it and send it to Eliz city. If it's not installed together with the second banner, there's no excuse!!

Whose idea it is to have Trevor in this project ? He's so busy with the Tea party. So far, the blimp is just an expensive toy for a rich kid who doesn't care. It costs 200 thousand dollars, please handle it as if you spend your own money.

my 2c

paulie
12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
You have never driven on 95 if you think you have the visibility or the chance to look up in the air at a blimp. Hovering over cities is where the money is...

turbosaab
12-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Current flightplan:

Tuesday, December 18
Banner application and blimp maintenance

Wednesday, December 19
8:30am
Depart from Elizabeth City with second banner in place

And that's it? Where is it going next? If they'd announce it ahead of time maybe we could actually get some decent press coverage?

michael.byrne
12-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Current flightplan:

Tuesday, December 18
Banner application and blimp maintenance

Wednesday, December 19
8:30am
Depart from Elizabeth City with second banner in place

To WHERE ? It goes up and down over Eliz City ? Can't you even give some posibilities ?

shadowhooch
12-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Why we didn't fly on top of I-95 instead of flying parallel with it? I don't know if there is any restriction since no one bothers to explain. Can someone, once and for all, explains why they don't fly above major highways ?
Just my 2c.

Most cars have roofs that prevent you from looking straight up. Plus, as mentioned, the banners are on the side. Who cares what it "flies over". What matters is how many see it and see the banner.

Mckarnin
12-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Even people didn't see the message much, it would raise a lot of curiosity, it's much better than flying over the field. Btw, what prevent them to have the bottom banner? The bottom banner would utilize the advertising space. They have at least 2 weeks to make it and send it to Eliz city. If it's not installed together with the second banner, there's no excuse!!

Whose idea it is to have Trevor in this project ? He's so busy with the Tea party. So far, the blimp is just an expensive toy for a rich kid who doesn't care. It costs 200 thousand dollars, please handle it as if you spend your own money.

my 2c

There are no rich "kids" involved in this project.

Mckarnin
12-18-2007, 03:51 PM
To WHERE ? It goes up and down over Eliz City ? Can't you even give some posibilities ?

Just updated that. We are working on double checking the weather. I really can't win. :-) If I put up detailed schedule information and we have to change it because of weather people get angry. If we don't put up information because we are not sure of the weather people get angry.

JaredR26
12-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Just updated that. We are working on double checking the weather. I really can't win. :-) If I put up detailed schedule information and we have to change it because of weather people get angry. If we don't put up information because we are not sure of the weather people get angry.

You are in a tough position. What to do?

This:
TENTATIVE FLIGHT PLAN OPTION 1:
TENTATIVE FLIGHT PLAN OPTION 2:

WEATHER PERMITTING ON ALL FLIGHT PLANS.

Then keep us up to date on the forums and whenever a major decision, such as where to go, comes up, ask those who are funding the project.

michael.byrne
12-18-2007, 05:42 PM

You can win. Just be honest, give us as much information as possible, even it's uncertain. People will be much more happy than no information at all.

michael.byrne
12-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Dec 19th update - Check http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/MapFull.php

The path today is awful. They missed all of the big cities. Currently they fly over Chesapeake Bay.

Why they didn't fly along I-95? Based on the map, the route isn't longer. I-95 trafic is huge. And Washington D.C , Baltimore City are big cities. They skipped all that. Why ??

The blimp is the advertising tool, how efficience it is to go over unpopulated area ?

Tell me the reason, and something I didn't aware of before asking me more money.

jumpyg1258
12-19-2007, 04:17 PM
This is how well we can see the blimp from the coast line which should really get a lot of people to look at it... NOT.

http://www.richandwendy.com/ronpaul/Blimp1.jpg

Ethek
12-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Big picture.

michael.byrne
12-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Big picture.

Oh my Gosh!

The GHOST BLIMP!

driller80545
12-19-2007, 04:38 PM

my 2c

Maybe they should hire you to cover all their incompetency.

dsentell
12-19-2007, 04:42 PM
I have been watching the Blimp tracker for quite some time now and it seems to be just hovering over the waters of the Chesapeake, the nearest land not being greatly populated.

What's up with this?

Sorry -- just checked the live feed and it appears to be dark . . .

Ethek
12-19-2007, 04:44 PM
I have been watching the Blimp tracker for quite some time now and it seems to be just hovering over the waters of the Chesapeake, the nearest land not being greatly populated.

What's up with this?

Sorry -- just checked the live feed and it appears to be dark . . .

The Tracker is not talking with the blimp. But why is the blimp in the middle of the Chesapeake in the first place.. better communication is needed.

jenkoolkat
12-19-2007, 04:51 PM
I gave money for the blimp but still not ready to give anymore if things dont get better. Im from Nevada - weather sunny and clear everyday. Too bad the blimp isnt out West. Nevada, Arizona, CA .. All big states for Ron Paul.

Please dont fly over the ocean or Bay - you are throwing money into the water! Our 200,00 will go fast at this rate.

this was such a good idea at the time

Ilhaguru
12-19-2007, 05:24 PM
"Better communication" my ass. . . you all want second by second communication, immediate answers to questions that can probably be answered real quick with just a little bit of knowledge.

Should we hire a Ron Paul Forums coordinator for $500/week??? Or can we let them do their jobs in peace and update us two or three times a day? How about another person, @$500/week, to "iron out" the thing for perfection?

Geez. . .

michael.byrne
12-19-2007, 05:57 PM
"Better communication" my ass. . . you all want second by second communication, immediate answers to questions that can probably be answered real quick with just a little bit of knowledge.

Should we hire a Ron Paul Forums coordinator for $500/week??? Or can we let them do their jobs in peace and update us two or three times a day? How about another person, @$500/week, to "iron out" the thing for perfection?

Geez. . .

Nobody needs second by second update, ok?

Ilhaguru
12-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Nobody needs second by second update, ok?

I know, but that's all I get every time I log in here. And I do that frequently.

I hope the Blimp Team does not log in that frequently and just work on getting the blimp where we want to go. AMS are pros at running blimps but LPA is not - they are not professional Blimp people, they are just trying to get it together as best as possible and make as many people happy as possible.