PDA

View Full Version : NEXT MONEY BOMB: February 17th - Election of Jefferson!!

TheEvilDetector
12-17-2007, 06:21 PM
ELECTION of Thomas Jefferson February 17th (1801) - Next Money Bomb Idea

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/today/feb17.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson

Let's support Ron Paul by money bombing on the anniversary of Jefferson's election!

I think it is very fitting for Ron, who is a not only a Jeffersonian in many ways but who is trying to get elected president.

From wiki:

"Thomas Jefferson (13 April 1743 – 4 July 1826)[1] was the third President of the United States (1801–1809), the principal author of the Declaration of Independence (1776), and one of the most influential Founding Fathers for his promotion of the ideals of Republicanism in the United States. Major events during his presidency include the Louisiana Purchase (1803) and the Lewis and Clark Expedition (1804–1806).

As a political philosopher, Jefferson was a man of the Enlightenment and knew many intellectual leaders in Britain and France. He idealized the independent yeoman farmer as exemplar of republican virtues, distrusted cities and financiers, and favored states' rights and a strictly limited federal government. Jefferson supported the separation of church and state and was the author of the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom (1779, 1786). He was the eponym of Jeffersonian democracy and the co-founder and leader of the Democratic-Republican Party, which dominated American politics for a quarter-century and was the precursor of the modern-day Democratic Party. Jefferson served as the wartime Governor of Virginia (1779–1781), first United States Secretary of State (1789–1793) and second Vice President (1797–1801).

A polymath, Jefferson achieved distinction as, among other things, a horticulturist, statesman, architect, archaeologist, paleontologist, author, inventor and founder of the University of Virginia. When President John F. Kennedy welcomed forty-nine Nobel Prize winners to the White House in 1962 he said, "I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent and of human knowledge that has ever been gathered together at the White House — with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."[2]"

TheEvilDetector
12-17-2007, 06:23 PM
bump

TheEvilDetector
12-17-2007, 06:25 PM
bump2

MozoVote
12-17-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm in the "no more money bombs" camp.

Specific fund raising for specific purposes, from now on.

TheEvilDetector
Please vote people.

polomertz
Bad idea for the single reason that we should first find a good date in January.

TheEvilDetector
12-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Bad idea for the single reason that we should first find a good date in January.

I think we need some cooling off time, once a month I think is probably too much.

Harry96
12-17-2007, 07:07 PM
The nomination most likely will be decided before then. If he wins it, he'll have plenty of time to raise more money. If he doesn't, this bomb will do no good.

bolidew
12-17-2007, 07:11 PM
I will revisit and vote in this topic after Feb. 5th.

Right now let's work on reaching $20mil by end of YEAR.

TheEvilDetector
12-17-2007, 07:28 PM
The nomination most likely will be decided before then. If he wins it, he'll have plenty of time to raise more money. If he doesn't, this bomb will do no good.

I think we should not allow super tuesday to affect us, this is precisely why a strong money bomb afterwards is so necessary to demonstrate that his support remains strong.

It will set a target to go for through the main primaries for his supporters, so that even if nomination is not looking likely they will continue to help the campaign.

Ruby Justice
12-17-2007, 07:29 PM
No more money bombs..I have no more money. We need mass action...boycott the Old Media by boycotting the cable companies, ala the Montgomery Bus Boycott. That's what I wanna do.

polomertz
12-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Wahhh..... I guess I'm grown up enough to donate on my own time for now.
:)

kojirodensetsu
12-17-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm in the "no more money bombs" camp. But if we were to have one I would suggest February 1st, freedom day.

alleon86
12-17-2007, 07:49 PM
im also in the "no one for money bomb camp"

acroso
12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm also cashed. If it was 2 months from now in February I could probably manage to contribute again assuming he is competitive.

These last two money bombs were kind of a last ditch effort to propel him to the top. He's on MTP this weekend finally. Hard to break through to the press.

techxplosion
12-17-2007, 08:03 PM
New Ron Paul fan here. Donated for the first time yesterday. I believe Feb 17th is too far away as well! Lets get our a*ses out there and start spreading the word instead!!! flyers, stickers, etc

RPTXState
12-17-2007, 08:08 PM
ANYTHING AFTER DEC 31 WILL NOT MATTER.

Once the primaries happen, poeple won't care about money being raised.

We need 20mil+ BEFORE the end of the year....February won't help us.

PaulineDisciple
12-17-2007, 08:52 PM
We could hold up signs in front of MSM headquarters that say things like:

We ain't buy'n what your selling!

He gets larger crowds than any other candidate!

He's has raised more money than any other candidate!

He's won more straw polls than any other candidate!

He's won more post-debate polls than any other candidate!

He has more meet-up groups than any other candidate!

He has more web traffic than any other candidate!

We notice him why don't you!

Your fly is open and your bias is hanging out!

PaulineDisciple
12-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Or Both!

Has anyone mentioned these dates yet?

Sure they might not be as big but we can end the year with one last push to get the Q4 total to the max.

We don't have to make it a high pressure thing, just give what you can kind of thing, your know like saying Merry Christmas or Happy New Year!

devil21
12-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah I think the money bombs have gone as far as they can and should be shelved for now. Let them spend what has been raised (and continues to roll in every day) and then worry about another money bomb after Super Tuesday, once we know if RP has a real shot at the nomination or if he decides to run third party.

If you want to donate more, go for it. Enough with the money bombs for now though....

seawolf
12-17-2007, 09:44 PM
The New Years Eve Money Bomb is already set and is on www.donate2008.org.

61 days until the Next Big Money Bomb is a recipe for DISASTER!!!

The Official RP Campaign said today that they will spend the entire $6 million dollars earned during Tea Party 07 on the early primary states in January 2008.

That means that if this proposal is adopted by the Forum on Super Tuesday or the National Primary Day, February 5th when over 1,000 delegates will be at stake the Campaign would little or no money to effectively compete in the 19 states that will be holding primaries and caucus's.

The RP Campaign will need a large infusion of cash, by guess is $ 6 to 8 million, in the next three weeks in order to effectively place television and radio ads in the major media markets of targeted states.

To even think we could wait 61 days for the Next Money Bomb is exhibiting a total lack of understanding of the Primary Schedule.

The New Years Eve Money Bomb is already in play. In fact, the Banner should be on the RP Forum Front Page if we want Dr. Paul to win. Many new RP Supporters are coming online right now and are just itching for a reason to give.

This is really a no brainer. I know alot of us have donation fatigue, but remember we are gaining new supporters everyday. Just remember how excited you were when you first came online on this Forum.

For Freedom and Liberty!!!

Patriot2572
12-17-2007, 09:47 PM
No. I think we should stop with money bombs. don't get me wrong, keep donating if you can afford it, keep telling people to donate, but elections are nearing and we need to recruit as many new members

Chaos Unlimited
12-17-2007, 10:04 PM
I like the Common Sense Jan 10 Pamphlet Bomb idea.

TheEvilDetector
12-19-2007, 07:16 AM
The New Years Eve Money Bomb is already set and is on www.donate2008.org.

61 days until the Next Big Money Bomb is a recipe for DISASTER!!!

The Official RP Campaign said today that they will spend the entire $6 million dollars earned during Tea Party 07 on the early primary states in January 2008.

That means that if this proposal is adopted by the Forum on Super Tuesday or the National Primary Day, February 5th when over 1,000 delegates will be at stake the Campaign would little or no money to effectively compete in the 19 states that will be holding primaries and caucus's.

The RP Campaign will need a large infusion of cash, by guess is $ 6 to 8 million, in the next three weeks in order to effectively place television and radio ads in the major media markets of targeted states.

To even think we could wait 61 days for the Next Money Bomb is exhibiting a total lack of understanding of the Primary Schedule.

The New Years Eve Money Bomb is already in play. In fact, the Banner should be on the RP Forum Front Page if we want Dr. Paul to win. Many new RP Supporters are coming online right now and are just itching for a reason to give.

This is really a no brainer. I know alot of us have donation fatigue, but remember we are gaining new supporters everyday. Just remember how excited you were when you first came online on this Forum.

For Freedom and Liberty!!!

Good Luck with your money bomb.

francioshouse
12-19-2007, 08:59 PM
This money bomb has already been organized. Visit Regional Money bomb (http:www.geocities.com/francisklinkner/ronpaul.html) for more info.